The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

We should both stop that. Doctor Google only ever gives you bad news and anxiety. Stub your toe? You're dying of Ebola. Trip over a bookcase? You caught the Plague....
Agree there is an entire meme folder exclusively of the BS that webMD and other self clinics says.

yNTz3oM.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

You can have ours. It was $200, programmable.. displays Leia and her Obi Wan message on the wall. I think kiddo has played with it TWICE since receiving it on Christmas 2015. It just sits in his room as a decoration. Along with the stupid $200 Yoda that he never plays with.

Each of those toys caused massive stress and way too much time trying to obtain them in ‘15. All. For. Nothing. Lol
At least you didn't get T a Lego R2D2 a few years back, which was put together in about 2 days by ds. Then it was displayed proudly on his bookshelf, only to slowly be taken apart because someone needed pieces for another Lego creation. :cautious: Oh and did I mention the Y Wing Fighter? DH always wanted a Y Wing Fighter as a kid, so when Lego came out with one he bought it and told ds to build it. He did, and then what happened? Yep, slowly taken apart for other creations. To this day every once in a while, dh goes to ds, "Where's my Y Wing Fighter?':banghead:

MouseDreaming

Ok all.. I may have salvaged T’s 8th birthday potential disappointment.

Here’s the plan-

Tonight - make Real Madrid jersey cookies for class, put T’s last name and “8” along with the Adidas symbol on each. Can’t do the Real Madrid crest.. maybe I could put it on the cookie bags?

Later tonight- fill his room with balloons and a happy birthday banner.

Tomorrow-

Hide behind his door then jump out and spray him with Silly String when he wakes up.
Too cruel?

Have a fancy donut with lots of marshmallows.. stick an “8” candle in it..have it lit sitting on the table with his presents when he comes downstairs.

After school- Pick him and 3 friends up (already told their parents) and surprise them with a 90 minute jump at a trampoline park.

Drop kids off. Go to soccer practice. Come home and do homework, have a giant cupcake waiting for desert.

Save a ‘family party’ for when my sister’s family comes back from Florida next week. I’ll make the soccer cake at that time.

How does that sound? Is it weird not to have a cake on your actual birthday?
Love it! And no, it isn't weird. Some of those cupcakes are pretty elaborate, now. And you are pretty lucky you can send treats in to school. A few years ago, new rule no food. Before that, nothing that was made at home, had to be labeled. Now you can bring in something for your birthday, but nothing you would eat. So birthday pencils, stickers, that sort of thing is ok. At one point it was recommended to make a donation to the class library.

MySmallWorldof4

Ok all.. I may have salvaged T’s 8th birthday potential disappointment.

Here’s the plan-

Tonight - make Real Madrid jersey cookies for class, put T’s last name and “8” along with the Adidas symbol on each. Can’t do the Real Madrid crest.. maybe I could put it on the cookie bags?

Later tonight- fill his room with balloons and a happy birthday banner.

Tomorrow-

Hide behind his door then jump out and spray him with Silly String when he wakes up.
Too cruel?

Have a fancy donut with lots of marshmallows.. stick an “8” candle in it..have it lit sitting on the table with his presents when he comes downstairs.

After school- Pick him and 3 friends up (already told their parents) and surprise them with a 90 minute jump at a trampoline park.

Drop kids off. Go to soccer practice. Come home and do homework, have a giant cupcake waiting for desert.

Save a ‘family party’ for when my sister’s family comes back from Florida next week. I’ll make the soccer cake at that time.

How does that sound? Is it weird not to have a cake on your actual birthday?
It all sounds great except the part about the homework.;)

MouseDreaming

i haven't taken any of the oral benadryl today at all, just the topical this morning. It really IS looking better. And I'm not exhibiting any other alarming symptoms.
From one stubborn person to another, at least make a note of it somewhere. If you end up at the doctor for something seemingly unrelated, or are busy living your life and forget about the crazy bites, it is good to have a reminder. That way if you are asked if anything happened in the last (fill in time frame), you can say oh yeah. Instead of me who usually says no, and then remembers later.

MouseDreaming

At least you didn't get T a Lego R2D2 a few years back, which was put together in about 2 days by ds. Then it was displayed proudly on his bookshelf, only to slowly be taken apart because someone needed pieces for another Lego creation. :cautious: Oh and did I mention the Y Wing Fighter? DH always wanted a Y Wing Fighter as a kid, so when Lego came out with one he bought it and told ds to build it. He did, and then what happened? Yep, slowly taken apart for other creations. To this day every once in a while, dh goes to ds, "Where's my Y Wing Fighter?':banghead:
We have the opposite problem. I have a lego Star Wars museum in my family room. The main reason we still have a tube TV? They live on top of the tv stand. If we get a new tv, no place for the legos. They also take up all available dresser and shelf space in DS's room.

21stamps

Ha ha!! Oh it’s sad, but I feel your pain and just have to laugh!
I rarely buy the big expensive sets for T these days.. he does not have one set that he kept together. I even bought 3 of those LEGO 8 drawer stands.. labeled all of them-/ And bought 4 LEGO Head containers.. he mixed them ALL up!!!! I love watching the creativity of doing it on his own, I’m sure you do too.. but it’s crazy to spend that much money when they take it apart within a few days!

21stamps

Oh, speaking of Legos and 8 years olds.. I gave my nephew the giant Death Star set for his 8th birthday.. my brother was not happy with me for it. It was 7th it 8th..can’t remember for sure.
Anyway, I understand now that I have a kid that age.. T has 0 chance of getting one of those obnoxious sets at this time. ;)

T is still working on the robot he got for Christmas. There’s never any time to do it.. it may finally be finished by Christmas 2020, hopefully.
Here’s the robot.. it started as all tiny pieces in that flat box.. not even 1/3 completed at this time. It’s a lot harder than I thought it would be.. I may have overestimated this gift.
4180260A-B830-46D2-85CA-B94242ADE33D.jpeg

Last edited:

21stamps

[
Love it! And no, it isn't weird. Some of those cupcakes are pretty elaborate, now. And you are pretty lucky you can send treats in to school. A few years ago, new rule no food. Before that, nothing that was made at home, had to be labeled. Now you can bring in something for your birthday, but nothing you would eat. So birthday pencils, stickers, that sort of thing is ok. At one point it was recommended to make a donation to the class library.
It all sounds great except the part about the homework.;)

Wish me luck on the cookies!! Last year was my first and only time doing the royal icing like that.. it took FOREVER. I was up the entire night.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished project, or at least the good ones.. here was the reject that I saved for T.lol
4B521E1E-1102-483F-BE42-CB23967F7711.jpeg98B4A687-CD51-4ADF-B6B9-ED786253719A.jpeg

I was too consumed with the sword cup cake cake. That thing also took forever. It was too much in one night. I can’t do it again this year.

E20CEE73-F9FA-45E7-901E-B5E354C5A663.jpeg

@MouseDreaming , preschool and pre k was very strict. We could bring food, it had to be store bought with a list of ingredients. Couldn’t pack any peanut or tree nut foods for lunch etc..
Elementary school is soooo different!
We can bring in whatever we want, they do ask us to avoid anything with nuts when it’s a class treat.. but as far as the kids’ own lunch.. they can have nuts all they want! There’s a couple dedicated “food allergy tables” in the lunchroom, you can’t sit there if you have any nut products.

MouseDreaming

Great minds LOL I just finished #2 for today. Rain, 40 and the wind is back. Who asked for another helping of winter:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: You can run but I will catch you:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:
We are also at 40 (real feel 33), but it is glorious. It seems like forever since we have had any sun. Now, tomorrow, we will be back at 39 for a high, real feel 31. And rain/ carp (I mean snow.).:banghead::bawling::mad:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our guys must be related:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have the opposite problem. I have a lego Star Wars museum in my family room. The main reason we still have a tube TV? They live on top of the tv stand. If we get a new tv, no place for the legos. They also take up all available dresser and shelf space in DS's room.
My guys have a shelf above the tv for SW collectables and one in my dining room:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom