The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

There are a few that are some of the regulars he goes to by himself and with some friends and some that he has been meaning to try. It should be fun for him to try some new courses. A buddy of his bought the same coupon book so the plan is that they will go together.

That is so cool for your hubby!!! :)
I haven't played a round of (regular, not mini ;)) golf in quite a while. Myself and my two younger bros used to go with my pop every now and then.
I used to be able to drive the heck outta' a golf ball (and usually straight too), and my short game wasn't too bad either. But, getting the ball from the fairway to the green (irons) was my weakness. I/we still always had a blast though...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

All this talk about people going to Chuy's makes me really want to try it. But the closest one is in the Chicago area, probably the one near @Gabe1 . So it makes me want to go to Chicago but then hubs would want to visit his family.....so maybe not. However perhaps when I have to go see them again, perhaps the chit chatters in the Chicago area would want to rescue me and meet me at Chuy's for a bit!

:hilarious:

Songbird76

And now I have to give the other story. Earlier this week we had a situation among some of the 2/3 boys in one classroom. Little kid was nice enough to inform one boy he invited all of the boys but him. On purpose. Really amazing recess for that class. If parents don't teach kids to be nice to everyone, at least have a filter, you get some pretty devastated kids. And no, the invites were not passed out in class. There was really no reason for the kid to bring it up, except to be a bully.
Well that's just uncalled for. That's plain MEAN.

21stamps

My two dogs got into a fight. Like a real fight. This has literally never happened before. So the little nervous one got scared and left a trail of pee through the whole living room and now i have to explain the wet carpet to the babysitter :cry::cry::hilarious::hilarious:

It's like the dogs know when they'll be the biggest inconvenience/embarrassment and that's when they pull this sort of stuff.

Of course, isn’t that how life always works? ;)

Are either of the dogs hurt?

Songbird76

I have various ways on public transit, getting to and from work. One of my options is a highway bus into the city. When I look down out of the window at the cars around, I'm always ticked off when I see the number of people on their stupid phones while driving. People can't drive for carp to begin with, and adding in this distraction has increased the number of car accidents. :banghead:
I hate that! People do that on bikes a LOT here. Someone almost ran into DS yesterday because his nose was buried in his phone. I watched him coming for quite a while, he was all over the bike path and never looked up once. When he was just a few feet from DS, I shouted to him to look out. He startled, looked up, and swerved, and DS was SOO good....he saw the guy coming and was trying to move over to the side to give the guy room, but the guy was drifting so far over that DS would have had to leave the bike path to avoid a collision. The stupid thing is, the guy startled, looked up, swerved, and then went right back to burying his nose in his phone!

donaldtoo

That coupon book sounds like a great deal, I’m glad you noticed it! At least he has some play time in the bank :)

I wish I could get reimbursed something! I know we can’t, and that it’s not their fault.. I’m just surprised that nothing is being rescheduled! Apparently I’m not the only frustrated parent.. I saw 2 group emails today asking if games will be made up. The coach sent this out afterwards-(it’s the first time we’ve received an email from the coach himself)

Hello everyone

As we can see , weather has not been on our side so far this season , so because of that we have had to cancel a decent amount of sessions so far which means our players are not getting the opportunity to practice as much so , with the need to have kids practice and get more comfortable with the ball and their own skills we decided to send out a few drills you can try at home to keep the kids doing something when weather doesnt help.

We know the whole point of having your son in a club is to have the coach train them and show them how to do things so we do not expect this to be the equivalent of a session , its just a way to bring a partial session to you since you cant come to us because of the climate conditions.

Hopefully Wednesday we will be back at it and if not we can come up with ways to have kids practice some drills at home or look for other options.

Let us know if theres any questions or concerns.

(Edit- I deleted the videos..didn’t realize the coach’s name was on them)

Sympathy like.
Frustration, indeed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My two dogs got into a fight. Like a real fight. This has literally never happened before. So the little nervous one got scared and left a trail of pee through the whole living room and now i have to explain the wet carpet to the babysitter :cry::cry::hilarious::hilarious:

It's like the dogs know when they'll be the biggest inconvenience/embarrassment and that's when they pull this sort of stuff.
Sympathy like. Is everybody ok?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hate that! People do that on bikes a LOT here. Someone almost ran into DS yesterday because his nose was buried in his phone. I watched him coming for quite a while, he was all over the bike path and never looked up once. When he was just a few feet from DS, I shouted to him to look out. He startled, looked up, and swerved, and DS was SOO good....he saw the guy coming and was trying to move over to the side to give the guy room, but the guy was drifting so far over that DS would have had to leave the bike path to avoid a collision. The stupid thing is, the guy startled, looked up, swerved, and then went right back to burying his nose in his phone!
What's so hard to get about no driving, biking or walking while texting? Sheesh it could wait a few minutes or if need be just pull over and stop!

donaldtoo

Wow, except for the littlest of the 3 brothers, you guys had full uniforms. My two brothers had a baseball cap and a t-shirt--both donated by local, small town businesses. Their team name was on the front of the t-shirt and the back of the t-shirt would say something like, Joe's Hardware Store! (Nothing like a little advertising for the local merchants!) :joyfull:

Yea, in the "majors" :hilarious: we had crazy-authentic uniforms. The names on our outer jerseys and caps were double-stitched and very cool! But, it didn't really matter, 'cause I had fun all the way from C league through Pony-Colt. Then, I found soccer, too...! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Today was fastpass day for my trip with my college friend. It is a trip to celebrate our 40th b-days (although a few days after our return I'll be 41.). We are spending 5 days in the Tampa/Clearwater area before ending at WDW. Since she agreed to only one day in a park and only Epcot I wasn't that concerned about not getting what we (well really I wanted). I woke up at 6:33 (naturally) and my first though was "Yay, it's fastpass day!", grabbed my phone off the nightstand and about 3 minutes later I had our fp's.

View attachment 279364

Notice no Frozen....that's because we are going to do the Frozen dessert party that night.

The day before we are going to have dinner at California Grill. I picked that so she could see the awesome Happily Ever After show without having to pay for a ticket. And it is excellent food!
Sounds like a great plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom