The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

When you’re in a hurry, only have a few hours to make a cake.. and have to sacrifice the one you wanted to bake for the one you have time to bake, no time for fondant and ball shaped cakes. Just added the finishing touch. It works.. I think he’ll be plenty happy with it. :)
View attachment 279211
View attachment 279210

Next year I’m just going to place orders instead of fooling myself with what my shedule allows, or doesn’t allow.. for sure!
That looks incredible! Nice job!:)

FutureCEO

When you’re in a hurry, only have a few hours to make a cake.. and have to sacrifice the one you wanted to bake for the one you have time to bake, no time for fondant and ball shaped cakes. Just added the finishing touch. It works.. I think he’ll be plenty happy with it. :)
View attachment 279211
View attachment 279210

Next year I’m just going to place orders instead of fooling myself with what my shedule allows, or doesn’t allow.. for sure!

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I'm rooting for Bayern Munich over Real Madrid

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's supposed to hit sixty this weekend and be sunny, so my big plans are to open all the windows in my house, blast some music, and clean, LOL

Although we have a wedding to go to Saturday night and it's the very first time we're leaving A with a babysitter. So I'm all kinds of nervous about that. The girl coming over is a teacher at A's school though, so at least A knows and loves her, and I'm sure that's half the battle.
I remember those days of not wanting to leave my babies with a sitter. You and more importantly she'll be fine.
Now I can't wait when I can pack their bags and ship them off with a grandparent. I'm a bad mommy

Figgy1

Premium Member
They finally opened up the European 2019 deal for Disneyworld, but the site is too busy to actually LOOK at anything. I just keep getting the "Sorry. We're experiencing an extremely high volume of traffic at the moment. Please try again later." message. Oh well...I have until July.

In other news, one of the guys I went to college with lost his son. He went missing in November. He was 18 and had been staying with his grandparents in another state and apparently went out hiking, which he did often, but he didn't come back. A hiker found his body a few days ago at the bottom of a steep drop off. So so sad for this family. They lost a little girl several years ago to....I want to say meningitis, but I may be wrong. And now this.
:cry::cry::cry:

Goofyernmost

I remember those days of not wanting to leave my babies with a sitter. You and more importantly she'll be fine.
Now I can't wait when I can pack their bags and ship them off with a grandparent. I'm a bad mommy
Then there are a lot of us that are bad parents. I think I have made myself clear concerning my love for my girls. However, when it was time for them to leave home, I helped them pack. In fact, one of them I actually physically moved. She was home from college, eating my food, working and saving her money, but, also had a boyfriend, her current husband, that she would spend all her evenings and her nights with only to be dropped off in the morning so she could have breakfast and use my hot water for a shower. Oh, yea... her mother even did her laundry. I couldn't take it anymore so I loaded her belongings in a pickup and moved them to his apartment. If you're going to play house, at least take it upon yourselves to support yourself.

She, of course, was quite unhappy with me. Told me that she didn't ask to be born and I owed it to her to take care of her for whatever time she felt necessary. Didn't work and not to long ago she told me that she now understood what I was feeling and apologized for being such a snot about it. I remember the feelings that I had at the time, but, I moved on quickly and still recognized that she was in the throngs of "love" and unable to see what she was doing to her mother and myself. I guess that would be called tough love now, but, she did indeed grow up to be a hard working, responsible and caring adult and mother, but, her son knows to toe the line as she will not be used by anyone. At that time, it wasn't my job to be her friend, it was my job to prepare her for life and like the proverbial Robin pushing her young ones out of the nest to learn how to fly, I did what I thought was right for us at the time. I believe it was.

21stamps

I’m at work, T is at a baseball game. He also has one tomorrow, so I’ll be at that one and his soccer game.

So of course— He’s hit all 3 times up to bat today. 2 singles and a triple!! AND, he was the starting pitcher, which means he’s not allowed to pitch tomorrow per Youth Baseball rules. I’m happy for him, but sad for me! Selfishly, I hoped they’d save him to pitch for Sunday :(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Today was fastpass day for my trip with my college friend. It is a trip to celebrate our 40th b-days (although a few days after our return I'll be 41.). We are spending 5 days in the Tampa/Clearwater area before ending at WDW. Since she agreed to only one day in a park and only Epcot I wasn't that concerned about not getting what we (well really I wanted). I woke up at 6:33 (naturally) and my first though was "Yay, it's fastpass day!", grabbed my phone off the nightstand and about 3 minutes later I had our fp's.

20C1B188-FE77-4CDD-8EEF-DE37674A9F64.png

Notice no Frozen....that's because we are going to do the Frozen dessert party that night.

The day before we are going to have dinner at California Grill. I picked that so she could see the awesome Happily Ever After show without having to pay for a ticket. And it is excellent food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom