The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I think that looks very nice. Well done.:)

Thanks!

Sister returned from vacay yesterday.. got the family birthday party finished tonight. Bday week is on pause for 3 sports games between tomorrow and Sunday morning (hopefully!!) Sunday afternoon/evening will be our annual Kings Island birthday outing with our traditional funnel cake sundae...and kiddo’s first time at park as 54” tall.
Even with as hectic as this week has been, it’s still a lot of fun! Now if only we play our games this weekend!! I think T will finally play a soccer game with his club!

donaldtoo

I just want to say to the thread- please let me know if you want me to delete any of my posts. I’m not trying to discuss religion or push our religion on anyone. 2nd grade is just a year of a lot of “firsts” in our faith, and they involve a lot of preparation from the child and parents. I appreciate that you all let me do my mini-rants to get the stress out, and I definitely don’t want to offend anyone! :)

No, you haven't offended me at all. You weren't discussing the merits of one religion over another, you were just discussing the processes involved in the particular faith, and that is no problem for me. We also are Catholic, and my great grandparents, parents, DWifey (she converted shortly after we were married - as I've posted before). We love our church, and are 39+ year charter members... !!!!! :happy:
Ultimately, I respect everyone's beliefs...whether it's reincarnation, everlasting life in the hereafter,etc.
Ultimately, none of us know, do we... :cyclops:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's supposed to hit sixty this weekend and be sunny, so my big plans are to open all the windows in my house, blast some music, and clean, LOL

Although we have a wedding to go to Saturday night and it's the very first time we're leaving A with a babysitter. So I'm all kinds of nervous about that. The girl coming over is a teacher at A's school though, so at least A knows and loves her, and I'm sure that's half the battle.

I wouldn't worry about A. That kid can take care of herself--I can just see her being the hostess to her "guest" and orchestrating all kinds of fun activities for the both of them!! :joyfull: :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I attached it at the bottom.. I hope this photo is allowed. Today is Emmaus Day. They will practice, do reconciliation, have bread and wine. They also had to bring in a piece of cloth, something important to them. We have a ribbon from a flower arrangement on my grandfather’s casket.. it said “Grandkids” and all of their names. The ribbon is just one piece, but it means a lot to T, they were very close.

They will sew everyone’s cloths together today to make a large tapestry.. or something like that.. I’m still not exactly sure.

They’re little pom poms. T was very specific about what he wanted, Colors, design etc. he said “I don’t want it too busy” (definitely my kid ;) ) He did want wheat on each side, but we just ran out of time. We’ve had 3 weeks to do this, but we’ve just had so much going on! The felt is cut as straight as I could get it. T cut the chalice and bread, and background for his name, I cut the grape leaves.

I saw a Mom post her son’s on Facebook today, they used a white hand towel. Why didn’t I think of a towel!lol. Oh well.

Oh, I remember that first time. Stay strong momma!! You know she’ll be in good hands, try to have a fun evening! :)

Wow. That is a beautifully done banner. Congrats to the both of you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
But seriously, I don't force my daughter to give anyone hugs. Some family is upset about that but here's the deal... if you want a hug from her, be a person she wants to hug. Same concept applies. If it's that important to you to be that persons best friend, be the best friend you can to them. Or realize that sometimes being just friends is good enough and find someone else to wear your besties necklace.

This is very well stated overall, and in particular, your last 2 sentences. Your comments touched upon an important point, that various situations in life may not always be just 100% positive or 100% negative.

There are multiple shades of colors (example: white, to gray, to black) and different hues of colors may apply, to different scenarios. This is the critical thinking part of life that can really benefit kids (and adults for that matter).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just want to say to the thread- please let me know if you want me to delete any of my posts. I’m not trying to discuss religion or push our religion on anyone. 2nd grade is just a year of a lot of “firsts” in our faith, and they involve a lot of preparation from the child and parents. I appreciate that you all let me do my mini-rants to get the stress out, and I definitely don’t want to offend anyone! :)

I think that just being aware of specific topics to bypass, is a considerate gesture from you to all on this thread. In your case, all you did was mention his upcoming Communion, and you shared a craft project. Nothing inappropriate about that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think a lot of parents don't want their kid to be subject to the next line, which usually goes something like:
-we don't like you
-we can't play with you.
Basically, it is the new "exclusive kid" club, and you are not welcome.

Being a parent must be the toughest job in the world, and my heart goes out to parents. No parent would want disappointment for their child. But at some point in that kid's life, he/she will have to figure out how to deal with rejection, etc., when no adult is around to to enforce the "rules".

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sitting in The Salvation Army parking lot waiting for DS to get off work. Good grief, so many drivers suffering from what I refer to as HUBS (Head Up Butt Syndrome). Somehow I survived the trip... :cyclops: I could post about this every day, but, good grief, it was HUBS on steroids today!!! :facepalm:
Please, pray for us for a safe trip back home... ;)

I have various ways on public transit, getting to and from work. One of my options is a highway bus into the city. When I look down out of the window at the cars around, I'm always ticked off when I see the number of people on their stupid phones while driving. People can't drive for carp to begin with, and adding in this distraction has increased the number of car accidents. :banghead:

John park hopper

Dispite the laws against texting and driving in SC I see it all the time. People not paying attention to the speed limit, swirving all over their lane and into mine. Driving across the Cooper River bridge out of Charleston one day a women had a cigarette in one hand and a cell phone in the other driving 50 m/hr must have been driving with her knees. Needless to say I got as far away as possible. It's hard enough to drive in all the traffic, it's scary what goes on in other cars on the road

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom