The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning forum friends!
I have not been posting on this thread much recently. Sorry. My school and family life has been busy.
My daughter is performing in her High School's Spring Musical Drama tonight, Sat. & Sunday.
Professionally, my school band has 3 Spring Concert performances next school week. One on Tues. and two on Wed.
I hope all of you are well.
:)
Steve

That's a lotta music! :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

T has gone to bed. I can’t keep him up any later. He made me promise not to glue anything until the morning, but I’m in charge of cutting out our leaves and vines..and rearranging the grapes to face the opposite direction.
Have I mentioned that I can’t draw? Or cut a straight line?

His bread will probably look better than my leaves.lol. I need to channel the art skills of dryerlintfan right now... ;)
View attachment 279129View attachment 279130
I like your grapes. And are those fish? Looks fine to me. Nothing needs to be 100% perfect. We are only human afterall.

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning forum friends!
I have not been posting on this thread much recently. Sorry. My school and family life has been busy.
My daughter is performing in her High School's Spring Musical Drama tonight, Sat. & Sunday.
Professionally, my school band has 3 Spring Concert performances next school week. One on Tues. and two on Wed.
I hope all of you are well.
:)
Steve
Good luck to her and to you! I am sure they will all go well.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Weekend thrills: I'm going to take some old papers to a shredding site. (My area sponsors this free once a year.)

I lead such an exciting life. :hilarious:
Spring cleaning fun. We have a cedar closet in the basement that really needs to be cleaned out. More fun cleaning though when it isn’t 33 outside. The basement gets cold.

It's supposed to hit sixty this weekend and be sunny, so my big plans are to open all the windows in my house, blast some music, and clean, LOL

Although we have a wedding to go to Saturday night and it's the very first time we're leaving A with a babysitter. So I'm all kinds of nervous about that. The girl coming over is a teacher at A's school though, so at least A knows and loves her, and I'm sure that's half the battle.

MySmallWorldof4

It's supposed to hit sixty this weekend and be sunny, so my big plans are to open all the windows in my house, blast some music, and clean, LOL

Although we have a wedding to go to Saturday night and it's the very first time we're leaving A with a babysitter. So I'm all kinds of nervous about that. The girl coming over is a teacher at A's school though, so at least A knows and loves her, and I'm sure that's half the battle.
It is hard leaving your kids with someone, but her being someone you and A know already was a smart move. It is difficult when you don’t have relatives nearby. We have that issue. Luckily though since we have 2 older kids now, we are more comfortable leaving them alone.

21stamps

I wish i could come help!! But I'm sure it will look lovely!! Please share a picture when it's all done!

I attached it at the bottom.. I hope this photo is allowed. Today is Emmaus Day. They will practice, do reconciliation, have bread and wine. They also had to bring in a piece of cloth, something important to them. We have a ribbon from a flower arrangement on my grandfather’s casket.. it said “Grandkids” and all of their names. The ribbon is just one piece, but it means a lot to T, they were very close.

They will sew everyone’s cloths together today to make a large tapestry.. or something like that.. I’m still not exactly sure.
I like your grapes. And are those fish? Looks fine to me. Nothing needs to be 100% perfect. We are only human afterall.

They’re little pom poms. T was very specific about what he wanted, Colors, design etc. he said “I don’t want it too busy” (definitely my kid ;) ) He did want wheat on each side, but we just ran out of time. We’ve had 3 weeks to do this, but we’ve just had so much going on! The felt is cut as straight as I could get it. T cut the chalice and bread, and background for his name, I cut the grape leaves.

I saw a Mom post her son’s on Facebook today, they used a white hand towel. Why didn’t I think of a towel!lol. Oh well.

Oh, I remember that first time. Stay strong momma!! You know she’ll be in good hands, try to have a fun evening! :)

Attachments

• 764190B3-0CFB-41E1-899D-A4B3E8EA7C3E.jpeg
    764190B3-0CFB-41E1-899D-A4B3E8EA7C3E.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I attached it at the bottom.. I hope this photo is allowed. Today is Emmaus Day. They will practice, do reconciliation, have bread and wine. They also had to bring in a piece of cloth, something important to them. We have a ribbon from a flower arrangement on my grandfather’s casket.. it said “Grandkids” and all of their names. The ribbon is just one piece, but it means a lot to T, they were very close.

They will sew everyone’s cloths together today to make a large tapestry.. or something like that.. I’m still not exactly sure.

They’re little pom poms. T was very specific about what he wanted, Colors, design etc. he said “I don’t want it too busy” (definitely my kid ;) ) He did want wheat on each side, but we just ran out of time. We’ve had 3 weeks to do this, but we’ve just had so much going on! The felt is cut as straight as I could get it. T cut the chalice and bread, and background for his name, I cut the grape leaves.

I saw a Mom post her son’s on Facebook today, they used a white hand towel. Why didn’t I think of a towel!lol. Oh well.

Oh, I remember that first time. Stay strong momma!! You know she’ll be in good hands, try to have a fun evening! :)

That looks AMAZING!!!! GREAT JOB!!!

21stamps

That looks AMAZING!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Thanks, he was happy with it. We only spent 2 days shopping and making, but I think it turned out fine.

Hopefully I don’t sound too horrible saying this, but I look forward to when this is over. It’s a huge sacrament and one of the most celebrated times in a catholic’s life.. but there’s been so much studying, tests, reports, crafts, events, meetings, the suit that I still haven’t bought, a party that I’m planning, gifts, and so on.. I am excited for him, really, but it will be nice to maybe exhale a bit after the first weekend in May.

21stamps

I just want to say to the thread- please let me know if you want me to delete any of my posts. I’m not trying to discuss religion or push our religion on anyone. 2nd grade is just a year of a lot of “firsts” in our faith, and they involve a lot of preparation from the child and parents. I appreciate that you all let me do my mini-rants to get the stress out, and I definitely don’t want to offend anyone! :)

Songbird76

I'm so mad I can spit. Give her a hug from all of us. Sheesh whatever happened to writing on the bathroom wall? Bad but gone and forgotten in a day or 2
She's fine now that we got everything deleted and changed all her passwords and such. She says as long as it doesn't happen again, she'll be ok. Her teacher talked to her today and said it couldn't have been any of the 5th graders because they were at PE at that time. So who knows. But if it DOES happen again, we know now how to look up th IP address and how to screen shot it so we can figure out where it came from BEFORE we delete it. I was so focused on securing her account and getting the post off there that I didn't take any pictures or anything. Now I know what to do if it happens.

MySmallWorldof4

I think it looks perfect!:)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I just want to say to the thread- please let me know if you want me to delete any of my posts. I’m not trying to discuss religion or push our religion on anyone. 2nd grade is just a year of a lot of “firsts” in our faith, and they involve a lot of preparation from the child and parents. I appreciate that you all let me do my mini-rants to get the stress out, and I definitely don’t want to offend anyone! :)

I think you've done a really great job focusing the conversation on the parenting and crafting struggles and not on the religion. The whole conversation could have been about cheer squad or basketball. So.... good job!

21stamps

She's fine now that we got everything deleted and changed all her passwords and such. She says as long as it doesn't happen again, she'll be ok. Her teacher talked to her today and said it couldn't have been any of the 5th graders because they were at PE at that time. So who knows. But if it DOES happen again, we know now how to look up th IP address and how to screen shot it so we can figure out where it came from BEFORE we delete it. I was so focused on securing her account and getting the post off there that I didn't take any pictures or anything. Now I know what to do if it happens.
They should have a meeting with the entire school. Seriously. This needs to be brought to the attention of all students, and let it be known how unacceptable it is, as well as the consequences that will result.. and maybe just a general Team Building/Anti bullying exercise.
Not say your daughter’s name of course, but it can’t be brushed aside!

Songbird76

Really? It's not just this one preschool? This makes me crazy just thinking about it. It's like some parents don't want their kids to ever experience anything that is not fun and perfect. Oh just wait until they become adults and reality sinks in . . .
I was thinking the same thing! What happened to preparing our kids for LIFE? If you're upset because a certain person doesn't think of you as their best friend, what are you going to do when the girl you want to date says they aren't interested? Is saying "no thank you" going to be banned because it might upset someone? We're going to assign dates from prom now so no one has to get the courage to ask someone or deal with the rejection? Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to want the same things you want. That's life!! We have to teach our kids to DEAL with those things....not prevent them from experiencing it! This rule sends a HORRIBLE message to kids that you aren't allowed to make choices about your relationships, that you can't "reject" anyone because it might hurt their feelings. How are they supposed to learn to navigate this stuff if we don't let them experience life?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I was thinking the same thing! What happened to preparing our kids for LIFE? If you're upset because a certain person doesn't think of you as their best friend, what are you going to do when the girl you want to date says they aren't interested? Is saying "no thank you" going to be banned because it might upset someone? We're going to assign dates from prom now so no one has to get the courage to ask someone or deal with the rejection? Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to want the same things you want. That's life!! We have to teach our kids to DEAL with those things....not prevent them from experiencing it! This rule sends a HORRIBLE message to kids that you aren't allowed to make choices about your relationships, that you can't "reject" anyone because it might hurt their feelings. How are they supposed to learn to navigate this stuff if we don't let them experience life?

Woah woah woah!! Speak for yourself.... EVERYONE likes me!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

But seriously, I don't force my daughter to give anyone hugs. Some family is upset about that but here's the deal... if you want a hug from her, be a person she wants to hug. Same concept applies. If it's that important to you to be that persons best friend, be the best friend you can to them. Or realize that sometimes being just friends is good enough and find someone else to wear your besties necklace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom