The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

It ends well! I promise!

Wires and Nerves was good. They're graphic novels, but very well done, and they dive more into Iko's character. I'm currently reading Stars Above, so I'll let you know.
I got Stars Above so I'll get to it before Wires and Nerves. I'm going to try and finish Winter then Fairest the Stars Above. Correct me if this is the wrong order. thnx

Figgy1

Oh one more birthday thing.,

He was hungry (and soaked) after soccer practice. I asked what he wanted to eat, I offered Outback curbside for his bday.. he said “No, let’s get BURGER KING!!”

“Burger King for your bday dinner?”

“Yes! Wait, no, Little Ceasers! I want some mouth watering bread twists!!”

I’d never describe anything at Little Ceasers as mouth watering.. but hey, it was his birthday. 🙄
Please get that boy some taste buds. LC:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Figgy1

Someone managed to get into DD's Facebook account and post "I'm a w h o r e" on her timeline, and made an instagram account in her name. We deleted everything and changed passwords, and notified the school, since we're pretty sure it was someone at school. DD doesn't get English lessons because she's already fluent, so she does Duolingo to learn Spanish and has to log in at school using her facebook. We think she must have left it open and whoever got on the computer today was able to get into her account. Hopefully they can figure it out and take care of it, but man it makes me angry. It has her completely freaked out.
I'm so mad I can spit. Give her a hug from all of us. Sheesh whatever happened to writing on the bathroom wall? Bad but gone and forgotten in a day or 2

wdwfan4ver

So here's some crazy local news. An idiot preschool teacher reprimanded a four-year-old girl, telling her that she can't refer to her little friend there in the school, as her "best friend" -- it might make other children jealous. :facepalm::facepalm: The little girl came home all sad. Mother aksed the girl what was wrong, contacted school teacher, and pulled her kid right out of there--enrolling her in a more sane preschool. Can I just say that I'm glad I wasn't born in this decade.
I heard of this policy last year and it exists in Europe besides the United States. I'm guessing it is through all grade levels in school. I'm happy that I was born in a different era.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh one more birthday thing.,

He was hungry (and soaked) after soccer practice. I asked what he wanted to eat, I offered Outback curbside for his bday.. he said “No, let’s get BURGER KING!!”

“Burger King for your bday dinner?”

“Yes! Wait, no, Little Ceasers! I want some mouth watering bread twists!!”

I’d never describe anything at Little Ceasers as mouth watering.. but hey, it was his birthday. 🙄

You see, this is the thing: he's a kid. It often doesn't take much to make them happy. A tasty burger or pizza to him, is like a tasty filet mignon to us.

And that photo you shared of him yesterday, with the big smile while he was opening his birthday present--that said it all right there. His expression was so sweet; I really liked that picture.

Sounds to me like he had a blast on his birthday. And his friends liked the cookies!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I heard of this policy last year and it exists in Europe besides the United States. I'm guessing it is through all grade levels in school. I'm happy that I was born in a different era.

Really? It's not just this one preschool? This makes me crazy just thinking about it. It's like some parents don't want their kids to ever experience anything that is not fun and perfect. Oh just wait until they become adults and reality sinks in . . .

Goofyernmost

Really? It's not just this one preschool? This makes me crazy just thinking about it. It's like some parents don't want their kids to ever experience anything that is not fun and perfect. Oh just wait until they become adults and reality sinks in . . .
It's crap like that that got us to the creamsicle. It seems like the whole world is careening out of control.

wdwfan4ver

MySmallWorldof4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom