The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

For better or worse, DD's exam is DONE. Yay! She has a pretty good feeling about it. It's supposed to be a bit...interactive I guess? The better you do, the harder the questions they become. And she and her best friend both got a question about something they hadn't learned about in school, and they were the only ones who got that question, which was really advanced, and she and her best friend are the top 2 in their class. So she thinks that must mean she was doing well, to get the harder questions. She said the test was fun....something different for a change, so she enjoyed it. And her acceptance letter for her high school program came today, so she got into the program she wanted. YAY!! Very proud of her, and I'll be interested to see the results of her test. But she's in, no matter what happens.
Congrats to both of you! xoxo

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So here's some crazy local news. An idiot preschool teacher reprimanded a four-year-old girl, telling her that she can't refer to her little friend there in the school, as her "best friend" -- it might make other children jealous. :facepalm: :facepalm: The little girl came home all sad. Mother aksed the girl what was wrong, contacted school teacher, and pulled her kid right out of there--enrolling her in a more sane preschool. Can I just say that I'm glad I wasn't born in this decade.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
When DWifey and I were in NOLA for our 2nd wedding anni. we took a bus tour involving several cemeteries. It was explained to us that all were above ground crypts because of the water table, and they would just stack family members on top of each other, as they passed.
But, all those cemeteries were closer to the French Quarter, which is notoriously known for being under sea level.
Where was that cemetery...?

Same area, but this one was where the poor people and those who didn't fit into polite society were buried.

FutureCEO

So here's some crazy local news. An idiot preschool teacher reprimanded a four-year-old girl, telling her that she can't refer to her little friend there in the school, as her "best friend" -- it might make other children jealous. :facepalm::facepalm: The little girl came home all sad. Mother aksed the girl what was wrong, contacted school teacher, and pulled her kid right out of there--enrolling her in a more sane preschool. Can I just say that I'm glad I wasn't born in this decade.

My dad was a police officer, retired 16 years ago. He would never be one today. As in the teacher that quit and complained that parents weren't controlling the kids.

But the things you hear going on in schools is crazy. Too much PC crap and we can't offend anybody. I wondering when all this nonsense started?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So here's some crazy local news. An idiot preschool teacher reprimanded a four-year-old girl, telling her that she can't refer to her little friend there in the school, as her "best friend" -- it might make other children jealous. :facepalm::facepalm: The little girl came home all sad. Mother aksed the girl what was wrong, contacted school teacher, and pulled her kid right out of there--enrolling her in a more sane preschool. Can I just say that I'm glad I wasn't born in this decade.

Well that's insane. My daughter's class is 3-4 years old and they're all obsessed with the concept of best friends. One day I'm A's best friend, the next day it's the twins, the next day it's her teacher and her frenemie from school, the next day it's Elsa. Yesterday it was even the kid she really doesn't like because he constantly steals her water bottle and hides it in a different cubby.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well that's insane. My daughter's class is 3-4 years old and they're all obsessed with the concept of best friends. One day I'm A's best friend, the next day it's the twins, the next day it's her teacher and her frenemie from school, the next day it's Elsa. Yesterday it was even the kid she really doesn't like because he constantly steals her water bottle and hides it in a different cubby.

Precisely. They're little kids and think like little kids. :)

Here's the news clip of the insanity (WBZ, Boston) --

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/04/18/preschool-prevents-students-saying-best-friend-georgetown/

MySmallWorldof4

That is as crazy as the whole pronoun thing as well where they want to get rid of he, she, him, her, etc.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
ok @StarWarsGirl I 'm up to Winter and all I can say is they all had better get a happy ending:cautious: When I finish should I read Fairest, Stars Above, Wires and nerves? thnx
It ends well! I promise!

Wires and Nerves was good. They're graphic novels, but very well done, and they dive more into Iko's character. I'm currently reading Stars Above, so I'll let you know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom