The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

21stamps

See?! Great job, mom!! I'm sure T will remember it as a really truly fantastic birthday!!
Thanks! Yeah, I may have overreacted just a smidge ;)

It was also perfect going straight after school to the trampoline park.. we were the only ones there for the first hour!!!! I miss those days from preschool/pre-K when we would always do an outing on Wednesday days.

Of course T had to wear his Ronaldo jersey.. he finished all 6 rock climbing courses from easy to difficult. He said “It’s because I’m wearing Ronaldo’s jersey, I can do anything with it on.” Ha ha!!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thanks! Yeah, I may have overreacted just a smidge ;)

It was also perfect going straight after school to the trampoline park.. we were the only ones there for the first hour!!!! I miss those days from preschool/pre-K when we would always do an outing on Wednesday days.

Of course T had to wear his Ronaldo jersey.. he finished all 6 rock climbing courses from easy to difficult. He said “It’s because I’m wearing Ronaldo’s jersey, I can do anything with it on.” Ha ha!!!!

That's adorable! Make sure he wears it for his next test!

21stamps

Oh one more birthday thing.,

He was hungry (and soaked) after soccer practice. I asked what he wanted to eat, I offered Outback curbside for his bday.. he said “No, let’s get BURGER KING!!”

“Burger King for your bday dinner?”

“Yes! Wait, no, Little Ceasers! I want some mouth watering bread twists!!”

I’d never describe anything at Little Ceasers as mouth watering.. but hey, it was his birthday. 🙄

Cesar R M

Can anyone find the iconic Walt Disney World construction photo of Mickey Mouse watching the construction Cinderella Castle. Along with the year the photo was taken?
this one?

8gHF5iT.jpg

or this?
lyhU0wm.jpg

Tokyo's one is less fashionable and more utilitarian.
9ExnB6B.jpg

Songbird76

Thank you for the birthday wishes for my mom!

My folks both lived so far out in the country they never had air raid drills, but, they have talked about ration booklets, scrap iron drives, etc. before.
First the depression, then WWII following pretty much directly...crazy times.
DD's class went to Montferland today and I guess it's right on the German border, so they could stand with one foot in each country. But she said they found old bits of bunkers that had been blown up after the wars. I didn't know the Netherlands had not been involved in WWI, but she gave me a history lesson when she came home today. She said the Germans were afraid the the Dutch would join in against them, so they built trenches and kept watch every night, waiting for Dutch troops to cross the border to attack and they never did.

Songbird76

Oh one more birthday thing.,

He was hungry (and soaked) after soccer practice. I asked what he wanted to eat, I offered Outback curbside for his bday.. he said “No, let’s get BURGER KING!!”

“Burger King for your bday dinner?”

“Yes! Wait, no, Little Ceasers! I want some mouth watering bread twists!!”

I’d never describe anything at Little Ceasers as mouth watering.. but hey, it was his birthday. 🙄
I took DD out to celebrate the end of the CITO test, and asked her where she wanted to go...anywhere. She chose Subway. And then she said she felt like Jackson from Fuller house, when DJ says he can pick ANYWHERE, and he says "Arby's!!" No really....ANYWHERE you want! "Arby's!!"

Songbird76

Someone managed to get into DD's Facebook account and post "I'm a w h o r e" on her timeline, and made an instagram account in her name. We deleted everything and changed passwords, and notified the school, since we're pretty sure it was someone at school. DD doesn't get English lessons because she's already fluent, so she does Duolingo to learn Spanish and has to log in at school using her facebook. We think she must have left it open and whoever got on the computer today was able to get into her account. Hopefully they can figure it out and take care of it, but man it makes me angry. It has her completely freaked out.

21stamps

DD's class went to Montferland today and I guess it's right on the German border, so they could stand with one foot in each country. But she said they found old bits of bunkers that had been blown up after the wars. I didn't know the Netherlands had not been involved in WWI, but she gave me a history lesson when she came home today. She said the Germans were afraid the the Dutch would join in against them, so they built trenches and kept watch every night, waiting for Dutch troops to cross the border to attack and they never did.

What a great field trip!!!

I have a photo of me somewhere of one foot in Europe and the other in Asia. It was such a neat feeling to be standing on two continents. Pretty cool that she was in two countries at once! :)

21stamps

I took DD out to celebrate the end of the CITO test, and asked her where she wanted to go...anywhere. She chose Subway. And then she said she felt like Jackson from Fuller house, when DJ says he can pick ANYWHERE, and he says "Arby's!!" No really....ANYWHERE you want! "Arby's!!"
Ha ha!! Kids are so weird ;)

Someone managed to get into DD's Facebook account and post "I'm a w h o r e" on her timeline, and made an instagram account in her name. We deleted everything and changed passwords, and notified the school, since we're pretty sure it was someone at school. DD doesn't get English lessons because she's already fluent, so she does Duolingo to learn Spanish and has to log in at school using her facebook. We think she must have left it open and whoever got on the computer today was able to get into her account. Hopefully they can figure it out and take care of it, but man it makes me angry. It has her completely freaked out.

This is absolutely horrible. I hope they find out who did it!!

Cesar R M

Could be again those annoying older boys who seem to like to hit on her?

Songbird76

What a great field trip!!!

I have a photo of me somewhere of one foot in Europe and the other in Asia. It was such a neat feeling to be standing on two continents. Pretty cool that she was in two countries at once! :)
Yeah, she loved it. They went to celebrate the end of CITOs, (the big exam) and at first she didn't even want to go, because they go by bike, and it's about 12km. (They don't do buses here for most field trips. If it's too far to go by bike, parents have to drive) At the beginning of the school year, the whole 6th grade went to this pond by bike when it was really hot. You weren't on this thread yet when I was complaining about the school closing and a new building being built and the merge with another school, but the old school was 2 blocks from our house. The new one is about 15 to 20 minutes walking, so now they had to take their bikes to school. DD was a bit tentative on the bike and had just gotten a new bike that she felt was too high for her, and she was scared. And we forgot to pump up the tires, so by the time they got back to the school, she was straggling behind all the other kids and was EXHAUSTED and overheated. This was pretty much the only experience she had with a long bike ride, so she was DREADING the one today, which was even farther than the pond. She was in tears last night, saying she didn't want to go, and I told her we could call her in sick if she really didn't want to go. But DD is a total Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw, and didn't want to lie, so she decided to go. I think she's glad she went. She has grown so much that she has a brand new bike again, and it's really nice and had plenty of air in the tires, so she said she was not even close to the last one, and she said it wasn't as bad as she was thinking it would be. And while she didn't like all the walking, she loved the history and found it really interesting to learn about. (She takes after her parents...not at ALL athletic, but quite nerdy) I hope they post the pictures they took.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom