The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Saturday was spent outside in shorts, tank top and bare feet. Today I'm inside shivering in fleece, there's some ice on the trees, I can hear the wind and the lights flickered most of last night. Tonight's dinner groundhog general Tso:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic: Right now we have internet but no landline but and the lights have been pretty steady for about an hour. That being said we're lucky compared to some of our neighbors who lost their power.

That is a pretty cruel trick of mother nature....warm one day and freezing the next. And ice too, yucky. My sympathies. I do hope your power stays on.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Time for me to complain about soccer again..

Tonight’s Practice- CANCELLED.

So, we’ve had a total of 4 practices and 0 games. In 6 Weeks.

What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is- I can’t even plan anything because I never know if practice or games will be cancelled or not.

This entire situation is so frustrating!! Just bad luck :(

That's a hunk of change down the drain. I feel sad for the little guy--he must be frustrated. Just a lousey situation all around.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That thread has become more than that. Somehow, the topic got over to allergies, and a guy said he brings his own can of peanuts on a plane and eats them when they don't serve them because of an allergy. 😮 Then he tried to say that people aren't actually allergic to the smell of peanuts or the dust. When I told him we, no, that's not the case, I have a peanut allergy and I know from experience that it's not the case. He then asked me why I don't just treat my own allergy instead of "inconveniencing" everyone. Then he proceeded to explain my own allergy to me. Good grief, mansplaining at its finest. He got two very sarcastic responses from me in return.

Oh my, I'm glad I didn't venture into that topic. Sounds like some people are being downright dumb.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah good grief that YOU.. EATING.. PEANUTS.. is more important than someone dying...
5U7B9QB.gif

No kidding! I've been on only 2 flights in which they asked us not to eat peanut products because of an allergy. On both of those flights the only snacks we had brought with us had peanuts in them. Did we eat our snacks? Nope, I figured we could last the flight without snacks and we did survive the flight without our peanut snacks. I didn't want to be the one to put someone in danger, when we were specifically asked to not, doing so would have been super rude. Some people unfortunately only think of themselves. :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So glad everyone is safe from the tornado warnings yesterday. My DD and SIL missed a tornado at their house by just 9 miles N of them. They actually could hear the train sound for a few seconds. She said it was terrifying! The damage is awful in east Greensboro! Twisted trees, downed power lines, and houses and businesses with the roofs torn right off. My DH headed up there this morning with a crew to get the lines back up. Lots of crews are responding. Please send pixie dust to the residents and all the power crews. Thank you! I am hoping that he gets to see our DD. We are so thankful that they are ok. :happy:

My brother lives in Lexington, NC. Think some of that area might be without power. Hope your hubs is safe while working to restore power to those people.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got bit by a weird mosquito or two in New Orleans and the next day the bites opened up and started oozing. The day after that, my foot got hot and swelled up and turned red. So I've been taking Benadryl to help, and it's made me so tired. I've had to slam espresso all day just to make it through work.

Are you sure it was a mosquito and not something else perhaps?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Time for me to complain about soccer again..

Tonight’s Practice- CANCELLED.

So, we’ve had a total of 4 practices and 0 games. In 6 Weeks.

What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is- I can’t even plan anything because I never know if practice or games will be cancelled or not.

This entire situation is so frustrating!! Just bad luck :(

Anyway you could get any of your money back? I can imagine the whole thing is frustrating.

My husband is a softball & baseball umpire and that is his golfing money for the summer. So far all the games he has been scheduled for have been canceled. Looks like huby's golfing might be limited this summer. Luckily for him I noticed a coupon book for sale at Christmas, many golf courses within a 2 hour drive of us put together a coupon book. Basically he pre-paid for 1- 18 hole round of golf at 20+ golf courses for about $150. So he already has 20 some rounds of golf paid for, now if only it would get warm enough for the courses to open!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I got bit by a weird mosquito or two in New Orleans and the next day the bites opened up and started oozing. The day after that, my foot got hot and swelled up and turned red. So I've been taking Benadryl to help, and it's made me so tired. I've had to slam espresso all day just to make it through work.

Yikes! Better keep an eye on it just in case. Hopefully it clears up soon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yikes! Better keep an eye on it just in case. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Agree with your comments to, @dryerlintfan . Yah, there's all kinds of strange bites people can get, including spider bites and tick bites, in addition to various bites from flies. (Stay inside and never go out again! :p ) But seriously, some of these things can be dangerous.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Go to a Doctor ASAP. It could be nothing, but, bug bites can be very serious. It might even be a tick which is associated with Lyme Disease.
Are you sure it was a mosquito and not something else perhaps?

Definitely not a tick!! We were in a field in the dark and i got eight mosquito bites on the one foot and seven on the other. As soon as i get myself getting bit up, we left. So we were only in the field in the dark for about ten minutes. All the other bites acted totally normal (were itchy and a little puffy for a few hours and went away overnight) but these four did not

20180415_133751.jpg
20180415_133743.jpg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Anyway you could get any of your money back? I can imagine the whole thing is frustrating.

My husband is a softball & baseball umpire and that is his golfing money for the summer. So far all the games he has been scheduled for have been canceled. Looks like huby's golfing might be limited this summer. Luckily for him I noticed a coupon book for sale at Christmas, many golf courses within a 2 hour drive of us put together a coupon book. Basically he pre-paid for 1- 18 hole round of golf at 20+ golf courses for about $150. So he already has 20 some rounds of golf paid for, now if only it would get warm enough for the courses to open!

That's so cool!! He must be so excited! And if he hasn't played on all the courses yet, maybe he'll find a new favorite!

Goofyernmost

Definitely not a tick!! We were in a field in the dark and i got eight mosquito bites on the one foot and seven on the other. As soon as i get myself getting bit up, we left. So we were only in the field in the dark for about ten minutes. All the other bites acted totally normal (were itchy and a little puffy for a few hours and went away overnight) but these four did not

Deer Flies can do that too. They bite and sometimes you don't even feel anything until they start to itch. If you don't touch it, the bites don't do much, scratch it and they swell quickly. I had an eye close up once because I didn't realize that they bit me.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

OMG! It's BIGFOOT everyone!!! :jawdrop:

(Seriously though, we're all concerned about your foot.)

donaldtoo

Thanks to all who had good reviews of Chuy’s. DH wanted to go somewhere new for his bday dinner. I told him about Chuy’s so he said let’s try it. It was really good and the atmosphere was relaxing for dinner. This is what we had—enchiladas. And DH had beer but I had a frozen white peach margarita that was wonderful! View attachment 277707View attachment 277708View attachment 277709

So very glad y'all loved Chuy's!!!!!!! :joyfull:
We've been going to the original location (and other locations here) since it first opened in '82, and have NEVER had a bad meal...!!!!!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry about the bites. But I really like your shoes! Where did you get them? What is the brand? Are they comfortable, especially for standing and walking around a classroom for a day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom