The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

About 7 years ago there was a big youth gathering in New Orleans and I helped chaperone that trip. We took the kids down Bourbon Street during the day and we saw plenty of interesting things just during the day! And we were told that while the gathering was in town businesses were asked to keep stuff a little more family friendly, the gathering had about 45,000 people most of them them teens. So I can imagine (or maybe not) what you all saw! We did like the city overall, and the food....great stuff! Hubs and I would like to go back someday, without chaperoning 20 teenagers.
I’m really hoping that it will be similar to Key West for my son. There’s still so much we can do there without coming in contact with some of the nighttime shenanigans.

93boomer

Premium Member
So glad everyone is safe from the tornado warnings yesterday. My DD and SIL missed a tornado at their house by just 9 miles N of them. They actually could hear the train sound for a few seconds. She said it was terrifying! The damage is awful in east Greensboro! Twisted trees, downed power lines, and houses and businesses with the roofs torn right off. My DH headed up there this morning with a crew to get the lines back up. Lots of crews are responding. Please send pixie dust to the residents and all the power crews. Thank you! I am hoping that he gets to see our DD. We are so thankful that they are ok. :happy:

Cesar R M

Which is exactly what I told him. And also explained that at the very least, having to shoot yourself with an epi pen means you have to go to the ER, which means that the plane has to make an emergency landing, delaying the flight and others, so really, what's more inconvenient for you? Not eating peanuts or having your plane grounded? Ugh. People.
Just read his post, unbelievable..

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I’m really hoping that it will be similar to Key West for my son. There’s still so much we can do there without coming in contact with some of the nighttime shenanigans.

I think it really depends on what he likes, honestly. My nephew was so bored that he chose to stay in the house two of the five days he was there rather than go out to "go shopping again".

There are museums about voodoo, WW2, and Katrina. There is an indoor aquarium. And there are a billion and a half shops and bars. And some graveyards. My nephew is really into voodoo, so he had a fun time when we went to the voodoo shops, but other than that, he was just.... bored.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So glad everyone is safe from the tornado warnings yesterday. My DD and SIL missed a tornado at their house by just 9 miles N of them. They actually could hear the train sound for a few seconds. She said it was terrifying! The damage is awful in east Greensboro! Twisted trees, downed power lines, and houses and businesses with the roofs torn right off. My DH headed up there this morning with a crew to get the lines back up. Lots of crews are responding. Please send pixie dust to the residents and all the power crews. Thank you! I am hoping that he gets to see our DD. We are so thankful that they are ok. :happy:
Glad to hear the family is ok. Hope it all goes ok for Mr Boomer.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I got bit by a weird mosquito or two in New Orleans and the next day the bites opened up and started oozing. The day after that, my foot got hot and swelled up and turned red. So I've been taking Benadryl to help, and it's made me so tired. I've had to slam espresso all day just to make it through work.

StarWarsGirl

I got bit by a weird mosquito or two in New Orleans and the next day the bites opened up and started oozing. The day after that, my foot got hot and swelled up and turned red. So I've been taking Benadryl to help, and it's made me so tired. I've had to slam espresso all day just to make it through work.
Ooo, that doesn't sound like an allergy; that sounds infected. You should go to the doctor.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ooo, that doesn't sound like an allergy; that sounds infected. You should go to the doctor.
That actually sounds something that CAN be infected via a mosquito bite.. but not exactly a cold or similar. so I agree on the doctor.

It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so unless it sticks around for another couple days without getting better, I'm just going to ride it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom