The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Even with the game being sooooo slow... It was SO NEAT to watch him pitch!!!! He LOVED it!!!!!
There were a few bad throws in there.. he had 52 pitches in 2 innings. The opposing team did score once on him.. but we won 9-2!! He can’t wait to pitch again!..and best part of all-he didn’t look nervous!!! I’m so proud of him.. we only had 2 practices prior to that game. :)

I’m sure you remember that feeling! Definitely one for the history books. :)

Awesome for him and the both of you!!!!!
:joyfull:
And yes, I have never forgotten that feeling...
There were times I was just blowing batters away, and other times I got my brains hit out.
But, I would make adjustments to my pitching style from time to time. We were not allowed to throw "junk" in little league (although, many got away with it), and I just never did it. Our pop was pretty adamant about the junk balls until we were older.
At one point, in Minor Leauge, I found out if I just raised my pitching arm up very high, not even semi-sidearm, but, pretty much straight up and down, the ball would seem like it had a much deeper drop on it than most batters could detect...like a kinda' optical illusion from the top of where I started to deliver it from...I struck out so many batters with that.
It was just simply me going from way up high to low enough in the strike zone were it would throw them off. I remember my pop thinking how cool it was how I thought that out...!!!!! :happy:
Oh, and another one...
When I moved in to a Pony league team after Little League, myself and our second baseman came up with another one...
second base runner pickoff...
The runner would take the usual lead.
I would go into my pitching stretch, and then I would turn and burn the ball to my stealthily-sneaking second baseman bud, and BOOM...you out!!!!!!!:joyfull:
The first time I ever did it the opposing coach tried to claim it was a balk...nope, I never made a motion towards the plate, I just turned and burned...!!!!!!! :happy::joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They are Rothy's and they're insanely comfortable. I live in them. We walked over six miles a day in New Orleans and they were comfortable the whole time. They are 3D printed from recycled plastic, but they feel like normal shoes and they are totally breathable. Plus washable. Plus no toe cleavage!!

They're a bit expensive but i LOVE them!!

So, I'm trying to figure out how plastic shoes can be breathable? Were there tiny air holes (not visible) in them?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Awesome!!!!! :joyfull:
What was the score?
When myself and my 2 younger bros started playing Little League, there were 4 different levels in both organizations we played in (the league in our first neighborhood, and then the league in our second neighborhood)...T League, C League, Minor League, and Major League.
My pop had us all up to speed at an early age, so we all started out in C league where you were pitched to by kiddos from the opposing team. I'll never forget the first home run I hit over the flags in left-center field...!!!!! :happy:
Here are myself and my 2 younger bros (l-r) in our respective uniforms...Major League, Minor League, and C Leauge...!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 278405

I'll never forget, when I was in the Majors :hilarious:, there was a kid on one of our opponents teams, the Giants, that was, literally, a 12-year-old giant...!!!!! :hilarious: He was huge (and, I still remember his name was Vince McLaughlin - no worries, there are probably 20,000 of them in No Cal alone :hilarious:) and he was also a very unpredictable pitcher. He was either spot on or wild as heck...and, he threw VERY fast and hard. So many would just barely be in the batters box, for fear of getting beaned :jawdrop::hilarious:, and never swinging near his pitches for a strikeout. I was beaned by him a coupla' times, and it wasn't fun...!!! :in pain:
But, finally, our coaches had an idea for us to crowd the plate...and whdayya' know, totally threw him off. Ya' still might get beaned (no biggie), but he just didn't throw nearly as many strikes, and when he did, if we were able to connect on one of those fastballs, they usually went to far away places...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
And yes, what is with the choppin' wood strike zone...?! Have they also extended it to golfing low...?! :cyclops:;)

Wow, except for the littlest of the 3 brothers, you guys had full uniforms. My two brothers had a baseball cap and a t-shirt--both donated by local, small town businesses. Their team name was on the front of the t-shirt and the back of the t-shirt would say something like, Joe's Hardware Store! (Nothing like a little advertising for the local merchants!) :joyfull:

Figgy1

So glad everyone is safe from the tornado warnings yesterday. My DD and SIL missed a tornado at their house by just 9 miles N of them. They actually could hear the train sound for a few seconds. She said it was terrifying! The damage is awful in east Greensboro! Twisted trees, downed power lines, and houses and businesses with the roofs torn right off. My DH headed up there this morning with a crew to get the lines back up. Lots of crews are responding. Please send pixie dust to the residents and all the power crews. Thank you! I am hoping that he gets to see our DD. We are so thankful that they are ok. :happy:
Prayers for everybody's safety and q quick return home for your dh

Figgy1

Ooo, that doesn't sound like an allergy; that sounds infected. You should go to the doctor.
That actually sounds something that CAN be infected via a mosquito bite.. but not exactly a cold or similar. so I agree on the doctor.
Go to a Doctor ASAP. It could be nothing, but, bug bites can be very serious. It might even be a tick which is associated with Lyme Disease.
^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP, no excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Definitely not a tick!! We were in a field in the dark and i got eight mosquito bites on the one foot and seven on the other. As soon as i get myself getting bit up, we left. So we were only in the field in the dark for about ten minutes. All the other bites acted totally normal (were itchy and a little puffy for a few hours and went away overnight) but these four did not

Did you call the doctor yet?:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom