The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Can’t they just play elsewhere or is it too late to schedule another spot? I understand your despondence.

I wish. I don’t know the inner workings with that. I know that I received an email saying our fields are closed today.. I’m sure they’ll be closed tomorrow too. It’s still raining.
I think field space is booked on all Sunday and Saturday time slots every weekend.. so it’s probably tough to find time for a rescheduled game. That’s the only thing I can come up with.

I know that the club can’t control the weather.. but 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡!!!!
We’ve only had 2 or 3 outdoor practices.. and 0 games yet. This is so frustrating!

We just got home from our baseball practice.. I’m so glad that they went ahead and rented an indoor space. At least that’s a sports-related-positive today.

donaldtoo

Only 18? I win!:cool:

Hahaaa...!
SCORE!!!!! :joyfull:

And, btw (meant to post this in my response to your birthday post)...if you go to Chuy's on Elvis's (and yes, I googled the Elvis's spelling :geek:) b-day (Jan. 8th) dressed like him, they'll comp your meal...!!!!! :hilarious::joyfull:

image.jpeg

ETA...
At Chuy's low prices, I wonder how many years it would take to make up for the cost of the Elvis getup...unless you normally dress like that...!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Last edited:

21stamps

Here's a couple pictures they posted on Facebook
View attachment 275148
View attachment 275149
The second one is the great Hall which is what I'm most excited about. Instead of taking you through chronological war history, this museum is focusing on showing you the Veteran experience. So it had sections dedicated to each step in the veteran life cycle: basic training, vocational school, Garrison, deployment, coming home, getting out, and then ongoing service because we never stop serving.

I donated some artifacts so I'm really really curious if they make the cut...

Oh and there's dirt on the roof because they're building a living green roof on the area not used by the parade field!!

That’s so neat!! I can’t wait to visit!

21stamps

And, from images I've posted before, even our homes run the gamut from more traditional to modern, and everything in between...I don't think I've posted any of these before...trying to avoid repeats...! ;)

View attachment 275150View attachment 275151
View attachment 275152
View attachment 275153
View attachment 275154
View attachment 275155
View attachment 275156
View attachment 275157
View attachment 275158
View attachment 275159

I’ll take Photo #6, please. :)

(Edit)-/ OOPS- #7 not #6.
Ignore my failure in preschool level counting. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Here's a couple pictures they posted on Facebook
View attachment 275148
View attachment 275149
The second one is the great Hall which is what I'm most excited about. Instead of taking you through chronological war history, this museum is focusing on showing you the Veteran experience. So it had sections dedicated to each step in the veteran life cycle: basic training, vocational school, Garrison, deployment, coming home, getting out, and then ongoing service because we never stop serving.

I donated some artifacts so I'm really really curious if they make the cut...

Oh and there's dirt on the roof because they're building a living green roof on the area not used by the parade field!!
Is this on Houston?
Or where is it?
And, from images I've posted before, even our homes run the gamut from more traditional to modern, and everything in between...I don't think I've posted any of these before...trying to avoid repeats...! ;)

View attachment 275150View attachment 275151
View attachment 275152
View attachment 275153
View attachment 275154
View attachment 275155
View attachment 275156
View attachment 275157
View attachment 275158
View attachment 275159

Really love the third, the ones with rocks/castle style and last one :>

donaldtoo

I counted incorrectly! Lol

I meant to say - # 7.

Hahaaa...!
Still a bit of Tuscan-ish/Italian action goin' on there, but, not nearly as rustic!
I was not involved in #6 (which I still love), but, #7 was one I worked on specifically with the partner, and had A LOT of input on...and it turned out spectacular, if I do say so my own darn ;) humble self...!
Thanks...! :)

Figgy1

Today is my youngest daughters birthday so I'm leaving in a few minutes to take her to lunch. Going to her place tonight for her birthday dinner (I assume her husband is making that, so wish me luck.) I only mention it because she is such a delight, at least to me, she is known as the devil lady at her work. She is a straight shooter and never fails to speak up if something is wrong and one of the only ones with the ability to actually fire people if they are not producing. Every one always thought she was the laid back one, but, I remember an incident when she was in first grade. We lived in a small town so she had the same first grade teacher as my older daughter who had preceded her by two years. My oldest was also a very good student and was admired by many. Anyway, the teacher accidentally called her by her sisters name almost constantly. Finally, according to the teacher, she stood up in class and told the teacher, "My name is Julie, my sisters name is Amy, please call me by my name. The interesting thing is that my wife and I had never heard her ever say anything about what had been happening previous and she never mentioned saying that to the teacher. All of us, including, the teacher, raise our respect for the, at the time, little one with the solid sense of worth. One of the many reasons I love her. Both achieved their own respect and no one ever called her by her sisters name again.
Happy birthday to the wonderful woman you raised

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom