The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Dinner early, and all dressed up to go to ballet, and then our tomato sirens started going off. Confirmed tornado about 20 miles from us. And intermittent hail.

So, she's all dressed up in her ballet clothes, and we're watching the ballet movie (Leap) and eating popcorn in the lowest level of our house.

Tornados are nothing to laugh about but I did giggle when I read your post, when I read "tomato sirens"! :cool:;)

Hope all is well and you stay safe!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm a diehard Dole Whip person, myself. Floats are very tasty, too, but my second choice. By the way, I only watched about 2 minutes of the video. Hate to say it, but that woman was like nails on a chalkboard to me. I just couldn't watch her spiel any further! :facepalm:

I like the fact that you thought the lady was a little annoying as well. But I can't believe I'm the only orange swirler on here. (not the float though, gross). Oh well, more for me.:hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my gosh. I just came across a news article of a woman arrested for disorderly conduct at Disney. Apparently she was drunk and told the arresting officers that she could act that way because her husband is a congressman. Another entitled person. :rolleyes:

Is this a true story? Almost sounds a little bit made up, by whomever posted it. (That's not to say I wouldn't believe anything these days, but my suspicions are up.)

21stamps

I’m so sad.

Just now received an email from T’s team administrator.. our opponent’s fields are flooded, so NO GAME on Sunday.
They’re not sure if it will get rescheduled.

This is the 3rd cancelled game due to weather, and we have to miss two games next month- both are the same day as his First Communion.

That’s leaves us with a total of FOUR games in the season. :( Oh this is disappointing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is this a true story? Almost sounds a little bit made up, by whomever posted it. (That's not to say I wouldn't believe anything these days, but my suspicions are up.)

I saw this story in the news. I think it said her husband was in the Florida State Senate. I think it said something about his assistant or one of his staffers had a similar charger awhile ago.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’m so sad.

Just now received an email from T’s team administrator.. our opponent’s fields are flooded, so NO GAME on Sunday.

This is the 3rd cancelled game due to weather, and we have to miss two games next month- both are the same day as his First Communion.

That’s leaves us with a total of FOUR games in the season. :( Oh this is disappointing.

So maybe he can take up basketball in a gym next winter, instead of outdoor soccer? ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We had active shooter training today at work. Just a presentation. They said last year there was 427 active shooters and we are passing that number this year if these psychos keep it up.

And that we should all get out of the country while we still can. (ok, so maybe I made that comment up) :p

We had code silver training at least 5 years ago. But better late than never for your company. At least they're doing something about it now.

Goofyernmost

Stay safe. I didn’t know Ohio was in tornado alley.
Big time.... I remember one a few years back that basically leveled Zenia (sp?), Ohio. We had friends that lived there just on the outskirts of the town. It missed them by mere yards. We had one here in Raleigh on the day that I was traveling down here from Vermont when I moved. That was 8 years ago and you can still see the path it took through a wooded area fairly close to where I currently live.

Goofyernmost

They normally don't sound the alarms unless they've seen clouds swirling, or a funnel taking shape. One took shape over Grove City which is nearby is but didn't touch the ground.
I agree, with the alarm sounding, but, that is different then a weather warning, the alarm is an actual alert that one is active and either on the ground or quickly headed that way. I think the warning is that it is very likely that one could develop. That would proceed the alarm when it actually materialized. Either way it is a good idea to take shelter.

Goofyernmost

We had active shooter training today at work. Just a presentation. They said last year there was 427 active shooters and we are passing that number this year if these psychos keep it up.

And that we should all get out of the country while we still can. (ok, so maybe I made that comment up) :p
Probably a good plain, I foresee an executive order being issued, soon, declaring a life term.

MySmallWorldof4

I’m so sad.

Can’t they just play elsewhere or is it too late to schedule another spot? I understand your despondence.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I love that design, and I'm not usually a big "modern" design fan.

@donaldtoo , what do you think of it? (Not exactly what your firm does, but architectural design is your field.)

It's the only structure in America that has the concrete X design!!

I’m so sad.

Sympathy like :(

donaldtoo

I love that design, and I'm not usually a big "modern" design fan.

@donaldtoo , what do you think of it? (Not exactly what your firm does, but architectural design is your field.)

That pic definitely piqued my interest, but, I wanted to see more before passing final judgement, so I googled and found these rendering images...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Definitely tasty ;) architecture, especially for a museum...bottom line...

image.jpeg
!!!!!!! :joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That pic definitely piqued my interest, but, I wanted to see more before passing final judgement, so I googled and found these rendering images...

View attachment 275115
View attachment 275116
View attachment 275117

Definitely tasty ;) architecture, especially for a museum...bottom line...

View attachment 275125
!!!!!!! :joyfull:

If you look at my first pre trip report, i think on page two, there's a lot of photos from a hard hat tour i took off the museum.

It's got a parade field on the roof, and a winding ramp on the outside so parades can March right on up to the ceremony space.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Here's a couple pictures they posted on Facebook
FB_IMG_1522806456253.jpg
FB_IMG_1522806446511.jpg
The second one is the great Hall which is what I'm most excited about. Instead of taking you through chronological war history, this museum is focusing on showing you the Veteran experience. So it had sections dedicated to each step in the veteran life cycle: basic training, vocational school, Garrison, deployment, coming home, getting out, and then ongoing service because we never stop serving.

I donated some artifacts so I'm really really curious if they make the cut...

Oh and there's dirt on the roof because they're building a living green roof on the area not used by the parade field!!

donaldtoo

If you look at my first pre trip report, i think on page two, there's a lot of photos from a hard hat tour i took off the museum.

It's got a parade field on the roof, and a winding ramp on the outside so parades can March right on up to the ceremony space.

Cool about the tour!!! :)
We have hard hats at our office for site visits to our commercial projects...no hard hat, no go.

And yes, I noticed the ramp and ceremony space up top when I zoomed in...I'm on my 6s which doesn't have a very big screen... :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom