The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Stay safe. I didn’t know Ohio was in tornado alley.

It's not, but we do get a good bit of them here. Enough to keep our camping cots and some snacks in the basement. Most of the time we wait out the storms in our lower level like we're doing now, though. We have a split level, so our den is half underground and the door to the basement is close by.

My friend has a whole play room/den in her basement though. If we ever move in going to be looking for that setup. Because that's jolly convenient!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That is a heck of a lot of counties.

It's my understanding that because Ohio is so flat and filled with open farm fields, the conditions are ripe for tornado travel. So when a funnel cloud is spotted, they sound the sirens for that county and all the surrounding counties. Once our sirens were going off when we had blue sunny skies because a very narrow storm system was coming through in the county above us.

This time though we had yellow skies, hail, and a couple funnels spotted within twenty miles of us.

21stamps

It's my understanding that because Ohio is so flat and filled with open farm fields, the conditions are ripe for tornado travel. So when a funnel cloud is spotted, they sound the sirens for that county and all the surrounding counties. Once our sirens were going off when we had blue sunny skies because a very narrow storm system was coming through in the county above us.

This time though we had yellow skies, hail, and a couple funnels spotted within twenty miles of us.
Except for Cincinnati.. it’s like the mountains there. I hate driving in so many parts of it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I watched it. But I really feel there is no contest, for me the clear winner is the citrus swirl. In the video I see she had both of them as floats, I don't like them that way, I just like a cup of the swirl or whip.

Citrus Swirl & Orange Bird FOREVER!!!
View attachment 274818View attachment 274819

I'm a diehard Dole Whip person, myself. Floats are very tasty, too, but my second choice. By the way, I only watched about 2 minutes of the video. Hate to say it, but that woman was like nails on a chalkboard to me. I just couldn't watch her spiel any further! :facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This picture was last September when they were almost done with the building
construction-sept-2017-19.jpg

But as far as I read on Facebook, they're done with the building itself and they're working on the exhibit halls now. So the weather shouldn't impact anything more than landscaping! Still no word on when it will actually open though, LOL

I love that design, and I'm not usually a big "modern" design fan.

@donaldtoo , what do you think of it? (Not exactly what your firm does, but architectural design is your field.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom