The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thanks!!

Yeah, the lows are what make the huge difference.. same thing with Central Florida vs South Florida.. this holds me back from cruising out of Port Canaveral at that time of year as well.

View attachment 274987View attachment 274988

The lows make all the difference, especially since the peak weather usually doesn't hit until just before dinner time. When the highs are in the 50s for the day, but the morning is only in the 30s, it's still not a zoo day.

21stamps

Oh my gosh all.. it’s an EXCITING DAY!!

Look at this text from T!! I didn’t even see it, I called him and he told me to check my text messages, then call him back.
(p.s. I don’t even know how to send a text with fireworks 😂)

1EDDA71D-29AF-46CA-814F-F7D28535C787.png

He said “I Told you I would reach 54” before my birthday! Diamondback here I come! My dreams came true!”

It’s so bittersweet.

MySmallWorldof4

Look at this text from T!! I didn’t even see it, I called him and he told me to check my text messages, then call him back.

View attachment 274995

He said “I Told you I would reach 54” before my birthday! Diamondback here I come! My dreams came true!”

It’s so bittersweet.
Okay. How can an almost 8 year old be only 8 inches shorter than me. What are you feeding that kid??

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 274995

It’s so bittersweet.
PS You need to charge your phone.;):hilarious:

21stamps

Okay. How can an almost 8 year old be only 8 inches shorter than me. What are you feeding that kid??

Ha ha. If you ask him he’ll say “Protein.” He cracks me up.. he’ll turn to me and ask “Please can I have my protein snack, because I need to grow.”
The ‘protein snack’ is really Nature’s Valley or Kind granola crunch.. he loves it for school snack, home snack etc. I like it too, both brands are good but I always buy whichever is on sale that week.

PS You need to charge your phone.;):hilarious:

Already on it!

21stamps

So here’s our opening day lineup now at T’s request..

First and foremost.. his obsession- the lonnnggg awaited ride on Diamondback.
It is a fun ride, feels like your flying. Super steep initial drop.
56F28E47-2C37-417E-84C1-206C005E98CF.jpeg430E08FD-66F0-470C-ACB8-7C7AD6F93249.jpeg

Then immediately to Firehawk.
This one creeps me out a bit at one part, you’re going slow just staring at the ground below.. full body wait pushing against the restraints.

EC3FB1F0-1696-4E0D-ADAE-BACB83FD974B.jpeg9FA97C55-E09C-42E8-B1ED-52FD48DA8A98.jpeg

And then.. Flight of Fear. Kind of similar to Rockin’ Rollercoaster, but darker and faster with more inversions.. and a 54” height requirement. (The Spaceship is the loading area)

C5C9746A-BFD6-4ACC-8504-CBF0FA6DF456.jpeg8DAE9C0F-5405-4DB4-912A-5B64000ADAEB.jpeg

I’m so excited for him.. but that’s the last milestone... no more heights to reach for rides. It’s been an exciting 5 years as he jumps up and down in pure happiness at his newest “height bracelet” every year.
A little sad to see that end.

Last edited:

21stamps

Oh my gosh. I just came across a news article of a woman arrested for disorderly conduct at Disney. Apparently she was drunk and told the arresting officers that she could act that way because her husband is a congressman. Another entitled person. :rolleyes:

It’s crazy that there’s so many stories about these ridiculous type of people. It’s almost like “Is it real?” Sadly, apparently it is.

MySmallWorldof4

So here’s our opening day lineup now at T’s request..

First and foremost.. his obsession- the lonnnggg awaited ride on Diamondback.
It is a fun ride, feels like your flying. Super steep initial drop.
View attachment 274999View attachment 275000

Then immediately to Firehawk.
This one creeps me out a bit at one part, you’re going slow just staring at the ground below.. full body wait pushing against the restraints.

View attachment 275001View attachment 275002

And then.. Flight of Fear. Kind of similar to Rockin’ Rollercoaster, but darker and faster with more inversions.. and a 54” height requirement.

View attachment 275003View attachment 275004

I’m so excited for him.. but that’s the last milestone... no more heights to reach for rides. It’s been an exciting 5 years as he jumps up and down in pure happiness at his newest “height bracelet” every year.
A little sad to see that end.
I just realized that my youngest dd is 7 months younger than T and he is over a foot taller than her. :eek:

MouseDreaming

I haven’t! I’ll be sure to try it! T would probably like it as well.

Maybe that’s it. I was hoping he would have black hair anyway, so the blonde being gone really doesn’t bother me. It won’t be black, but it’s definitely a lot darker.

Speaking of birthdays and clothes.. Will you ladies give me your honest opinion about something that’s been bothering me?
Here’s T’s birthday request list this year-

Soccer rebounder.
New soccer net/goal. (Our other one is ripped)
Legos.
Ronaldo Real Madrid Jersey and shorts.
Ronaldo Portugal Jersey and shorts.
Ronaldo Portugal Warmups- shirt, jacket, and pants.
CR7 shoes.
World Cup tee shirt (non team specific).
World Cup soccer ball.

So anyway, I was talking to another mom last week at soccer practice (her son is one of T’s close friends).. was laughing about his list and expressed that he won’t be getting most of it.I’m limiting it to one jersey and one warm up... or at least as far as the actual Nike and Adidas ones (they’re about $65-$85 per item).
He’s growing so quickly that I can’t justify all of that... I don’t even think I could justify that expense for myself.

So.. she said that they don’t watch soccer at home.. her son doesn’t know about the players or World Cup.. and she was glad that he wasn’t requesting that stuff.

So then I get a text a few days ago, asking where someone would buy that stuff.. I told her.. and then she texts me back that she bought all of those items for her son. All of the clothing items on that list. Followed up with- “I bet he’ll be excited to show T when they’re together!”
What?

Is it weird that I’m bothered by it?
I don’t care what other kids have that T doesn’t.. but this specific scenario was so odd.
It’s not the first time that something similar has happened.. non clothing related, just other situations. I’m starting to second guess if maybe I should stop telling her things. I like her a lot, and I like her son.. but this is the most recent in a series of odd moments. I don’t know what it is or why it keeps happening.. but it’s starting to get on my nerves.

You can tell me if I’m the one being weird.lol. I need a total honest outside opinion.
Actually, I think she is being weird. Unless, she is buying that for her kid, because she thinks that's what the cool kids wear. In which case, congratulations on raising a trend setting cool kid.

But honestly, it is just weird.

SteveBrickNJ

Ah yes! Best place to be dropped off with your jr. high friends back in the day. I'm sure that changed a lot, too.
Yes and No.
It has been remodeled numerous times. Yet when facing the mall from the front....the extreme left has always been Sears ( going out of business sale is ongoing)....and the store to the extreme right is still JC Penny. Macy's anchors the middde.

MouseDreaming

Remember they are outlet stores so they can be hit or miss. Last time 28 and Main button downs for the guys(matching) cheaper than a Walmart shirt and matching POTC Tees $5 each. One trip EE snow globe 10 or 15. We always find a few items
I went to Outlet stores here for the first time in awhile. It was DD, her BFF, and BFF's Mom. Disney Outlet that I was so excited about was like a regular Disney Store for the most part, just no decor. The other Mom and daughter had been to Mall of America were her DD had seen a pair of Uggs she liked. Mom told her wait and see what you find in the Ugg Outlet. No deal. And clearance? Nope. I said to the other Mom, maybe Outlet means something different, now. And she said yeah, this wasn't really what she thought of with Outlets having clearance sales.

The outing wasn't a total bust though. The real purpose of the trip was to take the girls to the Sugar Factory. They split this:
1522785171577.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went to Outlet stores here for the first time in awhile. It was DD, her BFF, and BFF's Mom. Disney Outlet that I was so excited about was like a regular Disney Store for the most part, just no decor. The other Mom and daughter had been to Mall of America were her DD had seen a pair of Uggs she liked. Mom told her wait and see what you find in the Ugg Outlet. No deal. And clearance? Nope. I said to the other Mom, maybe Outlet means something different, now. And she said yeah, this wasn't really what she thought of with Outlets having clearance sales.

The outing wasn't a total bust though. The real purpose of the trip was to take the girls to the Sugar Factory. They split this:
View attachment 275016

Last time I was at the Mall of America, a couple weeks ago, we saw an advertisement for the Sugar Factory. So maybe next time everyone should just to go MOA! Then you'd have it all (plus a long road trip!).:hilarious::joyfull:

That beverage looks interesting, never been to that place. Maybe when it opens at MOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom