The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

This picture was last September when they were almost done with the building
construction-sept-2017-19.jpg

But as far as I read on Facebook, they're done with the building itself and they're working on the exhibit halls now. So the weather shouldn't impact anything more than landscaping! Still no word on when it will actually open though, LOL

Please keep me posted when you find out an opening date! I follow their FB page, but never notice anything in my newsfeed.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Instead of working like a responsible adult, I spent a few hours this morning tracking down the right new camera for me. I settled on a Sony DSCHX90V/B because it has a selfie screen, wi-fi, and is good in most any lights. And I can use my phone as a remote. It doesn't have advanced photo settings though, like the auto adjustments for HDR shots.

Going to take it to New Orleans next week and try it out, though, so I'll hopefully have some good photos to share!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Please keep me posted when you find out an opening date! I follow their FB page, but never notice anything in my newsfeed.

Facebook does some weird things with their feed filters when it comes to business pages. I made the museum a high priority page so it will always show up in my feed. Normally I wouldn't because most businesses post too many updates, but they seem pretty good at keeping their posts limited.

MySmallWorldof4

I watched it. But I really feel there is no contest, for me the clear winner is the citrus swirl. In the video I see she had both of them as floats, I don't like them that way, I just like a cup of the swirl or whip.

Citrus Swirl & Orange Bird FOREVER!!!
View attachment 274818View attachment 274819
I just finished watching it. Tough call. I love the Dole Whip float myself. Haven't had the orange citrus swirl as a float, so I cannot comment on that. I don't think it tastes like a creamsicle though. I prefer the Dole Whip myself. Don't hate me.

MouseDreaming

It is a block from FRIDAYS. Red Robin is in the back of Brick Plaza. Chevys has been replaced by Quaker Steak and Lube.
Brick Plaza. Man, that name just hit me over the head. I remember heading that way with Mom. Wonder what we stopped there for? Or maybe it was something across the street, and I remember a sign?

Wow. Just looked at it now. Nothing like the one from the early 70's. Just for fun, I google "flew" by my old schools, and one looks just the same. The other, totally different.

MySmallWorldof4

Today is my youngest daughters birthday so I'm leaving in a few minutes to take her to lunch. Going to her place tonight for her birthday dinner (I assume her husband is making that, so wish me luck.) I only mention it because she is such a delight, at least to me, she is known as the devil lady at her work. She is a straight shooter and never fails to speak up if something is wrong and only of the only ones with the ability to actually fire people if they are not producing. Every one always thought she was the laid back one, but, I remember an incident when she was in first grade. We lived in a small town so she had the same first grade teacher as my older daughter who had preceded her by two years. My oldest was also a very good student and was admired by many. Anyway, the teacher accidentally called her by her sisters name almost constantly. Finally, according to the teacher, she stood up in class and told the teacher, "My name is Julie, my sisters name is Amy, please call me by my name. The interesting thing is that my wife and I had never heard her ever say anything about what had been happening previous and she never mentioned saying that to the teacher. All of us, including, the teacher, raise our respect for the, at the time, little one with the solid sense of worth. One of the many reasons I love her. Both achieved their own respect and no one ever called her by her sisters name again.
Happy birthday to her and a great choice of names as I am sure @ajrwdwgirl will agree.;) Enjoy your day with her and her family.:)

SteveBrickNJ

Brick Plaza. Man, that name just hit me over the head. I remember heading that way with Mom. Wonder what we stopped there for? Or maybe it was something across the street, and I remember a sign?

Wow. Just looked at it now. Nothing like the one from the early 70's. Just for fun, I google "flew" by my old schools, and one looks just the same. The other, totally different.
Would you be willing to say what schools you are referring to? No one would be able to guess who you are based on that.

21stamps

Instead of working like a responsible adult, I spent a few hours this morning tracking down the right new camera for me. I settled on a Sony DSCHX90V/B because it has a selfie screen, wi-fi, and is good in most any lights. And I can use my phone as a remote. It doesn't have advanced photo settings though, like the auto adjustments for HDR shots.

Going to take it to New Orleans next week and try it out, though, so I'll hopefully have some good photos to share!

Nice!! I can’t wait to see the photos!

We’re probably going to switch our NOLA cruise to one leaving from Miami.. I just don’t want to be cold before a cruise.. and I know T will want to be at the pool deck on the first day. Most likely will have to do a separate New Orleans trip sometime.. still keep an eye out for me please!

21stamps

Facebook does some weird things with their feed filters when it comes to business pages. I made the museum a high priority page so it will always show up in my feed. Normally I wouldn't because most businesses post too many updates, but they seem pretty good at keeping their posts limited.

They’ve been doing weird things with their newsfeeds for a while. I can’t figure it out. I miss posts from close friends and family, but I always see posts from former classmates who I don’t even interact with outside of FB. Lol

MySmallWorldof4

They’ve been doing weird things with their newsfeeds for a while. I can’t figure it out. I miss posts from close friends and family, but I always see posts from former classmates who I don’t even interact with outside of FB. Lol
FB is not a very ethical company in my opinion. They have an agenda, but that is for a different forum of which I have no interest. I like it here.:)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Nice!! I can’t wait to see the photos!

We’re probably going to switch our NOLA cruise to one leaving from Miami.. I just don’t want to be cold before a cruise.. and I know T will want to be at the pool deck on the first day. Most likely will have to do a separate New Orleans trip sometime.. still keep an eye out for me please!

Will do!! I would want to swim the first day of a cruise, as well. Especially since you're almost guaranteed to be out to sea.

MySmallWorldof4

Will do!! I would want to swim the first day of a cruise, as well. Especially since you're almost guaranteed to be out to sea.
I had a Sony Point and Shoot camera and loved it. I gave it to my step-dad a couple of years ago because I got a Canon Sure Shot. Hated it and regretted giving away the Sony. I will stick to my iPhone for pictures at this point. Good luck with it and I hope you get some amazing shots. Looking forward to them.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom