The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I must be really horrible. My kids have never been to away camp. They have friends, the pool which also has other activities, James now has music programs so I never saw a need for one.

Not everyone needs the camp experience. Also in your case, you work at home. So the idea of camp as a possible daycare summer option (as it is for "some", not all, parents who work outside of the home). isn't the main focus. But that option aside, it sounds like your kids adjusted quite well to whatever other summer activities they engaged in, and enjoyed fun with their friends. Oh, one of my brothers went to an "away" summer camp for a week, and he loved it. Again, all kids are different--just like adults! ;)

Figgy1

Not everyone needs the camp experience. Also in your case, you work at home. So the idea of camp as a possible daycare summer option (as it is for "some", not all, parents who work outside of the home). isn't the main focus. But that option aside, it sounds like your kids adjusted quite well to whatever other summer activities they engaged in, and enjoyed fun with their friends. Oh, one of my brothers went to an "away" summer camp for a week, and he loved it. Again, all kids are different--just like adults! ;)
THNX yup every kid is different

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Yes, this. My daughter is definitely going to have to go to some day camp or another in the summers because I work full time out the home and my husband travels a lot.

MySmallWorldof4

I know, I know, you’re correct... but I’m going to try to push him in that direction. ;). I honestly wouldn’t push it so much if I didn’t think he would love it.

How’s their team doing? Any competitions coming up soon?
The next one is Saturday in Baltimore. Another big one. Then the next one is what is called US Finals, which they had to qualify to get in by getting first place in a qualifying competition. That is in Virginia Beach the first weekend in May. One of the gyms teams also qualified for the Summit competition in Disney the second weekend in May. I found out yesterday that one of the girls broke her middle finger. Apparently they were working on jumps and the girls were holding hand weights. She somehow clunked her finger between the weights. Out for a few weeks. They had to get a 12 year old from the senior team(she is the only one that fits in that age group) to take her place. This girl now has 2 practices to learn the other one’s spot in that routine. Funny thing is I always tell my kid when she is acting goofy and flying allover the place in the house, “Don’t do that. You don’t want to get hurt before a competition”. I am guessing that the coaches will not have them using the weights anymore.

MySmallWorldof4

I must be really horrible. My kids have never been to away camp. They have friends, the pool which also has other activities, James now has music programs so I never saw a need for one.
I went to summer day camp because my mom worked. My kids have never been to camp either. The older 2 went to pre-school in the summers when I did work, but that was only for a few hours during the week. When I stayed home, they were home with me. They do day activities in the summer. I am guessing though that if I worked outside of the home, that they would be going to some sort of camp, although I like them home at night. My youngest has had sleepover parties with kids from her team, but she refuses to sleep over. I always need to pick her up before bedtime.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I only went to two camps. One when I was about a 3rd or 4th grader to Girl Scout Day camp. It was fun I guess, but my best memory of that camp is that on the last day my Great Grampa came to pick me up. They lived in Florida and had just arrived that day. Anyway, he picked me up and had a container or Kemp's (a Minnesota brand) Rocky Road Ice Cream and it was just for us. We sat in the park and ate ice cream together. It was the best!

The other camp I went to was Bible camp, it was a requirement for confirmation. I didn't really want to go because I didn't like many of the other girls from my church, they were mean girls. I got along okay with them, and I was shy so they left me alone. I just didn't like them. The camp experience was good though and I had fun. My ultimate goal at camp was to pass the swimming test. My sister was way more athletic than I was and she had failed it so I wanted to pass. And I did!

Figgy1

The next one is Saturday in Baltimore. Another big one. Then the next one is what is called US Finals, which they had to qualify to get in by getting first place in a qualifying competition. That is in Virginia Beach the first weekend in May. One of the gyms teams also qualified for the Summit competition in Disney the second weekend in May. I found out yesterday that one of the girls broke her middle finger. Apparently they were working on jumps and the girls were holding hand weights. She somehow clunked her finger between the weights. Out for a few weeks. They had to get a 12 year old from the senior team(she is the only one that fits in that age group) to take her place. This girl now has 2 practices to learn the other one’s spot in that routine. Funny thing is I always tell my kid when she is acting goofy and flying allover the place in the house, “Don’t do that. You don’t want to get hurt before a competition”. I am guessing that the coaches will not have them using the weights anymore.
Pixie dust for them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom