The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
By the way I just got home from church and I didn't need to worry about being fooled some how with hubs' sermon since it was April Fool's day too. Although he tied in Muppet Vision and the Sam Eagle/Gonzo exchange of "Stop that foolishness!" and "What foolishness would you like to see?" from the pre-show. :) I love that my pastor is a Disney fan!:inlove:

That's really fun. (Wish the sermon I heard this morning was as animated.)

MOXOMUMD

@MOXOMUMD , do you and your daughter decorate Easter eggs? Hubs and I colored some this afternoon--they look pretty, and the best part is that you don't need any talent at all to do these--hence, we color eggs every Easter! :joyfull:
Usually yes but here's the past few days events....:cautious:. Our furnace went out early Friday and couldn't get the part to fix it until late last night. Brr! It was 44* in my house! To help supplement our fireplace heat we had an oscillating space heater which blew out the fuse power to part of my house. Then the bulb in my main bathroom blew and I can't get the dome off the fixture so I have a mini Christmas tree in there for light. And on top of that we have had a crazy Robin banging into my living room's peak windows for the past FOUR days. You think it would have brain damage by now! But we have heat and power now and my daughter got Easter dinner made. :hungry:

IMG_20180401_133052.jpg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Usually yes but here's the past few days events....:cautious:. Our furnace went out early Friday and couldn't get the part to fix it until late last night. Brr! It was 44* in my house! To help supplement our fireplace heat we had an oscillating space heater which blew out the fuse power to part of my house. Then the bulb in my main bathroom blew and I can't get the dome off the fixture so I have a mini Christmas tree in there for light. And on top of that we have had a crazy Robin banging into my living room's peak windows for the past FOUR days. You think it would have brain damage by now! But we have heat and power now and my daughter got Easter dinner made. :hungry:

View attachment 274269

What's that purple stuff?

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 274269
Sorry about the troubles. The part about the Robin made me laugh though. I shouldn't have, but I did.:oops: Kudos to the chef!:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok, it’s Easter.. and I should be following Jesus’ footsteps.. but.. I’m going to rant.

Remember the woman who bought her son all of the gear that I said T wanted, and called T’s soccer coach, etc etc etc?

Well I was just scrolling thru my newsfeed liking everyone’s Easter and Passover photos.. annnnnndddd.. I come across her’s.. photo of her son “(name’s) new soccer sandals!”

O. M. G.

Literally 2 weeks ago, during the same jersey convo, I mentioned that T needed new soccer sandals.. she asked what a soccer sandal was.. I told her. Then I joked that I was sad that T wanted Under Armour sandals, bc I don’t think UA belongs in soccer, I don’t want them stepping on Nike and even more so- hurting Adidas more than they are.

So guess what sandals are in his Easter basket???

If you guessed UA soccer sandals, you’d be correct.

This is so ridiculous!!!!!

Maybe you should just start making up stuff that your are going to have T do or buy for him. You know stuff the you know the kid really wouldn't want or want to do just to see what she does. It is a little evil but might be super hilarious too!:devilish::angelic:

Edit: For the second time today I didn't scroll down before I posted but I see that @dryerlintfan and I had the same idea.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 274269

Looks tasty!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So we went to a brunch buffet this morning for Easter and met one of our friends there. The restaurant has a brunch buffet every Sunday but we had never been, but the menu on-line listed a variety of breakfast and lunch items. It looked good and we had heard good things. Hubs was very much looking forward to loads of bacon.

Well we went up to the buffet and it was all lunch/dinner items. Not a breakfast item to be seen! And no BACON!!! For some reason they changed their menu for today. :oops: Hubs was :cry:, just kidding but almost. Our friend said that she has been a couple times to this buffet and there is always breakfast items and bacon. The food was good though and we left stuffed. Our plan was actually to stop at the grocery store afterwards, but we agreed to go home and nap.

Good news though, there is bacon in our fridge and I'm going to make that and some pancakes for dinner. So hubs will get his bacon after all!

MySmallWorldof4

So we went to a brunch buffet this morning for Easter and met one of our friends there. The restaurant has a brunch buffet every Sunday but we had never been, but the menu on-line listed a variety of breakfast and lunch items. It looked good and we had heard good things. Hubs was very much looking forward to loads of bacon.

Well we went up to the buffet and it was all lunch/dinner items. Not a breakfast item to be seen! And no BACON!!! For some reason they changed their menu for today. :oops: Hubs was :cry:, just kidding but almost. Our friend said that she has been a couple times to this buffet and there is always breakfast items and bacon. The food was good though and we left stuffed. Our plan was actually to stop at the grocery store afterwards, but we agreed to go home and nap.

Good news though, there is bacon in our fridge and I'm going to make that and some pancakes for dinner. So hubs will get his bacon after all!
Breakfast for dinner always works.:)

donaldtoo

Very cool!! Love the hidden Mickeys. :) I would totally buy the vase and those are awesomely drawn palms!!!

Thank you!
Started to answer this post last night, but, got sidetracked... :cyclops:
Anyway, it's very hard for me to shut my brain off sometimes idea-wise, as well as in other ways. I definitely don't get as much sleep as I would like many nights, for that reason alone.
I always keep a notebook and pen on my nightstand. I've awakened in the middle of the night more than a few times to quickly jot an idea down so I don't forget it.
It is one thing to have an idea, but, another to also be able to graphically represent it, and I feel fortunate to be able to do that!
But, of course, the most important part, being able to bring the idea to fruition/ reality/ completion, is definitely the most challenging aspect..!!!
I had wanted to present the water park idea to Disney when I was a CM, but, I've posted before how that conversation went when I contacted Disney legal.
Thank you about the vessel and the palms!!!
I think a vessel-sized version who be a good prop in say Africa in AK, or Morocco in WS, as well as smaller versions for sale in their respective gift shops.
As far as the palm trees go, I started sketching them for a Disney beach resort idea I had. The palm trees were actually meant to be Imagineered "palm" trees that would actually be structural support for resort suites suspended (about one story above the ground) in the "palms". They would be placed as structurally needed, as well as randomly around the structure for a totally "organic" look (I have a very rough "from above"
sketch that I did, but, I don't think it's worth posting), along with being surrounded by natural palms. I figured if Imagineering could pull off the Swiss Family Treehouse and the Tree of Life, this wouldn't be a stretch for them, at all...!
My crazy brain...!!!
Anyway, thanks again...!!! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom