The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Ok, it’s Easter.. and I should be following Jesus’ footsteps.. but.. I’m going to rant.

Remember the woman who bought her son all of the gear that I said T wanted, and called T’s soccer coach, etc etc etc?

Well I was just scrolling thru my newsfeed liking everyone’s Easter and Passover photos.. annnnnndddd.. I come across her’s.. photo of her son “(name’s) new soccer sandals!”

O. M. G.

Literally 2 weeks ago, during the same jersey convo, I mentioned that T needed new soccer sandals.. she asked what a soccer sandal was.. I told her. Then I joked that I was sad that T wanted Under Armour sandals, bc I don’t think UA belongs in soccer, I don’t want them stepping on Nike and even more so- hurting Adidas more than they are.

So guess what sandals are in his Easter basket???

If you guessed UA soccer sandals, you’d be correct.

This is so ridiculous!!!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ok, it’s Easter.. and I should be following Jesus’ footsteps.. but.. I’m going to rant.

Remember the woman who bought her son all of the gear that I said T wanted, and called T’s soccer coach, etc etc etc?

Well I was just scrolling thru my newsfeed liking everyone’s Easter and Passover photos.. annnnnndddd.. I come across her’s.. photo of her son “(name’s) new soccer sandals!”

O. M. G.

Literally 2 weeks ago, during the same jersey convo, I mentioned that T needed new soccer sandals.. she asked what a soccer sandal was.. I told her. Then I joked that I was sad that T wanted Under Armour sandals, bc I don’t think UA belongs in soccer, I don’t want them stepping on Nike and even more so- hurting Adidas more than they are.

So guess what sandals are in his Easter basket???

If you guessed UA soccer sandals, you’d be correct.

This is so ridiculous!!!!!

I mean it's flattering and all that you are the Jones and she's trying so hard to keep up with you as a mom, but ultimately she should be asking her kid what he likes and wants, imo. T and him could like totally different things!

21stamps

I mean it's flattering and all that you are the Jones and she's trying so hard to keep up with you as a mom, but ultimately she should be asking her kid what he likes and wants, imo. T and him could like totally different things!

I just don’t get it. I understand that friends can like and want some of the same things.. but all of this stuff that she’s bought recently, T doesn’t even have yet!!! So it’s not her son asking, I doubt that him and T sit and discuss soccer sandals. T’s last ones were Adidas, but he outgrew them by early October, I haven’t bought a new pair yet. Was going to throw them in his birthday pile.

It’s just so weird!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I just don’t get it. I understand that friends can like and want some of the same things.. but all of this stuff that she’s bought recently, T doesn’t even have yet!!! So it’s not her son asking, I doubt that him and T sit and discuss soccer sandals. T’s last ones were Adidas, but he outgrew them by early October, I haven’t bought a new pair yet. Was going to throw them in his birthday pile.

It’s just so weird!

I'm immature so I'd start talking about something the boys wouldn't like and how T is so excited about it and you can't wait to get it for his birthday. And then see if she gets that thing, lol

21stamps

I'm immature so I'd start talking about something the boys wouldn't like and how T is so excited about it and you can't wait to get it for his birthday. And then see if she gets that thing, lol
I’m seriously considering that. Not even joking, not proud of this thought, but definitely considering it.

As of right now, my kid’s bday presents are all exactly what his BFF has received in the past 2 weeks. Exactly the same (with the exception of golf balls and a lego set).

I shouldn’t be angry about this, but I am. Look, if kids have the same thing- fine. But if you buy your kid everything that my kid wants- a few weeks before my kid’s birthday, things that you didn’t even know about.. then are you actually my Mom-friend? Or are you in some weird competition with me?
I just wish I knew if it was innocent or not.

MySmallWorldof4

It’s just so weird!
I'd be a little bit annoyed. What would happen if you told her that T was thinking of taking gymnastics instead?

Goofyernmost

It’s just so weird!
I have a question.... Why do they call them sandals? It makes soccer sound so woosy! I'll let others comment on whether or not it is appropriate. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

I’m seriously considering that. Not even joking, not proud of this thought, but definitely considering it.

As of right now, my kid’s bday presents are all exactly what his BFF has received in the past 2 weeks. Exactly the same (with the exception of golf balls and a lego set).

I shouldn’t be angry about this, but I am. Look, if kids have the same thing- fine. But if you buy your kid everything that my kid wants- a few weeks before my kid’s birthday, things that you didn’t even know about.. then are you actually my Mom-friend? Or are you in some weird competition with me?
I just wish I knew if it was innocent or not.
Yeah, I don't see any innocence there. I would unfriend her. Be civil so that T and him can be friends, but I wouldn't go out of my way and talk about private stuff anymore.

21stamps

I'd be a little bit annoyed. What would happen if you told her that T was thinking of taking gymnastics instead?

I know. And I need to correct my last post.. T isn’t getting all of the same.. because I’m not buying him all of those jerseys and training gear. I’m just not spending that much money.

I DON’T CARE if someone else wants to spend it, but seriously? Every single thing that my kid has asked for, ‘you’ my supposed ‘friend’ buy your kid every single item in the list?? When he didn’t even ask for them?? Why?!

Goofyernmost

To be honest, I was confused too as I don't follow soccer, but then I realized that they are sandals and not the cleats.
View attachment 274229
So they are for people watching soccer not playing it? I didn't know there was any need for special footwear for just watching something. I am also not a soccer expert, but, I truly doubt that anyone could run back and forth across a field wearing those and that is pretty much all that happens in a soccer match.
Yes sorry.. @MySmallWorldof4 posted the correct pic.. they’re just slides, to wear to practice or a game and then change into your cleats.
Still, special footwear is needed to even walk to a game? Color me befuddled and flabbergasted. Also color me an awful parent because that would never have happened in my house.

MySmallWorldof4

So they are for people watching soccer not playing it? I didn't know there was any need for special footwear for just watching something. I am also not a soccer expert, but, I truly doubt that anyone could run back and forth across a field wearing those and that is pretty much all that happens in a soccer match.

Still, special footwear is needed to even walk to a game? Color me befuddled and flabbergasted. Also color me an awful parent because that would never have happened in my house.
Guess it is just a style, like flip-flops, or Crocs, but popular for those who like to play soccer.

21stamps

No, as a parent you do want them! I had them when I was a kid too. Cleats get messy with mud and dirt.. or shouldn’t be worn when going to eat, running errands etc. The sandals save your car, and also make it easier to stop somewhere before or after the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom