The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Yeah, just looking at the picture it appears that outcome could have been a lot worse. I’m glad everyone will be ok!

I can’t imagine how that happened, like you said, those vents are all over indoor pools/waterparks. Hopefully it was just a freak random incident.
That was crazy. The guests declined to seek treatment and the lifeguards were sent to hospital to be checked out because they were considered workplace injuries.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi from Bali everyone.
I haven't had time to catch up up with the tread yet but wanted to give a quick update on my travel.
Thanks again to @Gabe1 and @StarWarsGirl for the excellent advice about the wheelchair assistance when at the airport. It made the journey here so much easier for my mother and I don't think she could have waited the 35 minutes it took for our suitcases to arrive at Denpasar without the wheelchair since there was no seating anywhere in the arrivals hall.
The flights went very smoothly and there was a huge selection of movies and tv shows available on board. I watched Coco again, and it made me cry again, I also watched the new version of the Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water and year Million.
I was exhausted after travelling nearly 24 hours so just had a quick bite to eat before going to bed. We are staying in a guesthouse in Sanur for the first 2 weeks. It is very basic accommodation but clean and comfortable.
My room is on the second floor with a little seating area in front.
View attachment 269993
View from my outside seating area.
View attachment 269990

Sanur is most famous for its 5km walking path along a beautiful beach with lots of restaurants so this morning we went to the beach to have breakfast.
Our view having breakfast.
View attachment 269992

My breakfast was Soto Ajam, which is chicken soup.
View attachment 269989

My mother had granola with fruit and yoghurt.
View attachment 269991

It is wonderfully warm, about 28C, nice and sunny most of the day.
I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up over the next few days.
Hi!! Glad your flight went smoothly! That looks so nice!! Have a wonderful time!!!

MOXOMUMD

There are all kinds of business cost vs. perceived benefit X-type charts/graphs out there, and too many of them are all fancy-schmancy like.
It's real simple, when the cost starts to get higher than your percieved benefit, just X ;)that particular experience off your list and move on to other experiences.
There's a WHOLE OTHER WORLD out there with so much more than any of us could ever experience in 100+ 100 year lifetimes...
I was kinda' bummed when we weren't gonna' go to WDW again for a while, but, our first cruise this past December changed all that.
New experiences, new fun, new scenery, new cherished family memories, etc.
Again, no cut against anyone that sticks with Disney for all, or the vast majority, of their major vacations, at all, but, we just found something that was every bit as enjoyable, if not more, and was also much less expensive for the 6 of us for a week-long vacation.
I have Disney artwork, many books, etc., and will always love Disney...heck, I, literally still have my room card from our July of '07 WDW trip in my wallet...!!!!!!!
Cheers to all of us....!!!!!!! :joyfull:

ETA...
I forgot to post the image of my room card from '07 :facepalm:, plus I still have the ones from '08, '12, and '13 in my wallet, as well. We finally had Magjc bands for the Princess 5K trip from Feb. of '16...!!! :)

View attachment 269962
A whole new world..... :joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Breathe!!! You don't have to be Superwoman. You can not do everything. Make priorities and stick with the things you just can't miss out on. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to do everything and be everywhere, and you can't feel guilty about the things you can't fit into your schedule. It would be nice if we could add hours on to certain days where necessary, but we can't...if you're members of all these places, chances are you've been there multiple times. T will live even without the 16th trip to the zoo! And it doesn't sound as though he'll have time to be bored because you didn't take another trip to the museum....he'll be playing baseball...or at a boyscout event. He probably doesn't even realize that those things mean giving up that trip to the aquarium...he's content with all the other activities. I think you ARE a master juggler, but even the best juggler in the world has a limited capacity for how many things they can juggle at one time.

For us, I prioritize "getting my money's worth" from our memberships, especially because most of ours are gifts from family and I don't want to waste their money. So for the zoo, for example, we need to go at least three times a year (which is easy) before I can relax about it. We have to go to the aquatics center at least 5 times a month for our membership to make fiscal sense, but they have special perks for being a member that are often more important to us (like members only hours well before nap time, even though the kid is giving up naps).

After we go to whatever it is enough times to "pay for" the membership, I can relax about it.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Yeah, they didn't do that for us with HM. I asked outside the entrance to the queue if there was a rider swap and how it worked, the gal said "You get in line and you tell the next CM in the line that he doesn't want to ride and they will take care of it." Ok, so we get in line. The next CM, I tell him DS doesn't want to ride. He says, "Oh, he doesn't have to, you'll be able to switch. Just tell them at the next CM that you want to do the swap." Ok, so we continue on, the next CM says, "Oh, when you get to the entrance, just let that CM know and they'll take the ones who want to ride, and then they'll come back to switch you out." Then we got to the door, and the CM says "Oh, yeah, you just have to do the pre-show and then when you get to the lines, let that CM know and they will take you to the switch area and you can wait there while the others ride." I asked..." wait...you mean INSIDE? AFTER the stretching room?"
She's trying to herd us into the stretching room and that's when DS started screaming that he didn't want to go in, we promised he didn't have to, he wasn't going to do that. I asked if we could just bypass that part, because that's literally the scariest part of HM and if he has to do that, he might as well go on the whole ride. Nope, you had to do the stretching room to get to the ride, so we either had to go into the stretching room or exit back through the queue the way we came in. And there is a gate between the entrance and the exit and she couldn't let us out through the exit...we had to go back through the line the way we came in, squeezing past all the people entering. It was like no one had any clue how it worked, so they just passed us on to the next person until it was our turn to go into the stretching room, and by then, we had wasted 25 minutes standing in a line for a ride we wouldn't be able to do, and caused DS to have a meltdown. I went to guest services and they gave us each an anytime FP for the next day, which was nice, but DS can't be the ONLY kid in the world who doesn't actually want to go INTO the building....they need a better set-up for rides like that with a pre-ride component so kids don't have to do any part of it, but parents can still ride.
Just next time say he doesn't even want to go in. If you get insistent, they'll accomodate. They also definitely have those nice reentry passes at HM.

Also, don't be afraid to pull out the A word. You'll be amazed at what happens when you do.

MOXOMUMD

What does my post or hers have to do with popularity?

My post nor hers were ANYTHING related to popularity but of our tastes and what type of shows we like.

Again, where did I say this is related to popularity?
Or the require of having a FP? or comparing it to other attractions?

She mentioned she liked to visit Tiki a fews times as a must on every visit. I piped in how in my case it was for FOTLK.
It had nothing to do with popularity. Our posts were about how we both enjoyed visiting those two attractions multiple times during our trip, nothing more. :facepalm:

Songbird76

I asked them a question about allergies once and the reply I got was we could eat anywhere. The correct answer is avoid CHH with fish or shellfish allergies.
Well, and the majority of questions people ask can be found just in the general information on the website. And you they gush so much at the beginning of the post that you have to read through a bunch of waffle before they actually start to answer the question.

MOXOMUMD

Anyway..
I have no idea who crapped on your flakes today or why you suddenly want to target me, but you seem to take everything I wrote today, sidewipe it, take what you want to read, twist it and then suddenly passive-aggressively try to prove me wrong or attack me and what I'm trying to say.

So, tone it down.
It's not just you. Over the past few weeks she has twisted or attacked the posts of three other members in this thread. Not surprisingly they have been all men. Methinks someone has severe issues with the male gender.

Seriously @Gabe1 first it was parenting, then schooling and now mommy bloggers which you've turned into a feminist topic. Who made you the know all, be all voice of every woman? The men in this thread deserve respect just as much as the women do.

Are you so dense to think The Mom's previous warning about not posting social justice topics in this thread but elsewhere in the forum and to stop arguing do not pertain to you or are you so conceited that you think that those posts were directed toward everyone else except for you? Seriously if you want to speak for every woman on planet Earth go start your own thread. You once berated me for not keeping this a fun lighthearted thread. I think you need to heed your own words.

@Cesar R M Ignore can be your friend, even in here. As a woman I understood everything you were trying to convey with last night's posts and wasn't offended by your comments. Too many are just trying to find something to be offended by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom