The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Hi from Bali everyone.
I haven't had time to catch up up with the tread yet but wanted to give a quick update on my travel.
Thanks again to @Gabe1 and @StarWarsGirl for the excellent advice about the wheelchair assistance when at the airport. It made the journey here so much easier for my mother and I don't think she could have waited the 35 minutes it took for our suitcases to arrive at Denpasar without the wheelchair since there was no seating anywhere in the arrivals hall.
The flights went very smoothly and there was a huge selection of movies and tv shows available on board. I watched Coco again, and it made me cry again, I also watched the new version of the Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water and year Million.
I was exhausted after travelling nearly 24 hours so just had a quick bite to eat before going to bed. We are staying in a guesthouse in Sanur for the first 2 weeks. It is very basic accommodation but clean and comfortable.
My room is on the second floor with a little seating area in front.
View attachment 269993
View from my outside seating area.
View attachment 269990

Sanur is most famous for its 5km walking path along a beautiful beach with lots of restaurants so this morning we went to the beach to have breakfast.
Our view having breakfast.
View attachment 269992

My breakfast was Soto Ajam, which is chicken soup.
View attachment 269989

My mother had granola with fruit and yoghurt.
View attachment 269991

It is wonderfully warm, about 28C, nice and sunny most of the day.
I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up over the next few days.
Thank you for sharing. Made my day:inlove:

Figgy1

Well, and the majority of questions people ask can be found just in the general information on the website. And you they gush so much at the beginning of the post that you have to read through a bunch of waffle before they actually start to answer the question.
What got me it was about CHH and shellfish. They said many other safe options. The sign inside said otherwise. :rolleyes:

Songbird76

For us, I prioritize "getting my money's worth" from our memberships, especially because most of ours are gifts from family and I don't want to waste their money. So for the zoo, for example, we need to go at least three times a year (which is easy) before I can relax about it. We have to go to the aquatics center at least 5 times a month for our membership to make fiscal sense, but they have special perks for being a member that are often more important to us (like members only hours well before nap time, even though the kid is giving up naps).

After we go to whatever it is enough times to "pay for" the membership, I can relax about it.
Yeah, the only thing we have a membership for is the zoo in Arnhem, and like you, we only have to go 3 times to make it worth the money, which we've already done this year, though I want to go again. But things come up and if we for some reason couldn't make it, I wouldn't beat myself up over it. I think, as parents, a lot of times we are too hard on ourselves, or even on other parents for all the things we can't do. Of course we want to give our kids everything we can to ensure their success later in life, and we want to spend time with them doing fun things, and we don't want them to miss out. We forget that, in the grand scheme of things, that one year you didn't make it to the zoo 3 times probably isn't going to have a huge impact on the kid, because chances are, that time was filled with something else. Even if that something else was downtime...that's important too. So it's kind of a "don't sweat the small stuff" concept...you don't have to do EVERYTHING. The kid isn't going to die because they only went to the museum once, you know? So take the really important things...the things that they would really miss, and do that, and if you have time for the other stuff, great. But if you don't, it's ok.

Songbird76

Just next time say he doesn't even want to go in. If you get insistent, they'll accomodate. They also definitely have those nice reentry passes at HM.

Also, don't be afraid to pull out the A word. You'll be amazed at what happens when you do.
We did say he didn't want to go in, and it was kind of hard to miss the fact he didn't want to go in since he was literally SCREAMING "I DON'T WANT TO GO IN! YOU PROMISED I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO IN! I'M NOT GOING TO GO IN THERE!" She just said that if he didn't want to go in, we'd have to exit and I could wait for DH and DD outside and then get back in line myself when they came out and could stay with him.
But...what is the A word?

Songbird76

Geiranger Norway.
Sun for @figmentfan423 etc
Snow at the top of the mountain for @MinnieM123 etc

Win win
I love it...personally, I'll take Mountain scenery over a beach any day. I miss the mountains and have never been a "lie on the beach in the sun" person. Part of it is having very fair skin, so sunbathing isn't really an option for me anyway, but my body doesn't handle heat well, and it just doesn't appeal to me. Give me a nice lake at the foot of a mountain in the Springtime or Summer...I'd be much happier. There's something so peaceful and serene about a mountain lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom