The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Omg. Remember the March 25th crazy soccer schedule post?

Now I just received an email from our Cub Scout leader... we can’t have our meeting this Sunday due to Webelos crossing over to Boy Scouts that day.

Soooo.. it’s been rescheduled for.. what date?.. of course- March 25th!! And.. “it’s a very important meeting. The boys will be making gifts for the parents to be given at the Blue & Gold banquet.”

Grrrrrrr!!! Ugh!!!! We can’t make it :(
Something has got to give.

21stamps

It has been a long time for me too since I've been skiing. My kids were small and my thought was if I break something....then what??? I paid for their ski lessons. My Sis has another home in a gated community of
Chautauqua NY that is where they head.

My girlfriend was a Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid. They live in Canandaigua. A little South, but I love all of those areas! I just can’t bring myself to visit these days.lol

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I’d prefer her place in Key West.

I am curious to hear what my Sis finds in Key West when she gets there next week. Her building was up and running by the end of September after Irma. But they opted to travel to Costa Rica at ThanksGiving and Vietnam and Thailand for Christmas so I interested to hear about how all the rest of the properties are doing around the Keys. I know the local lost a good chunk of their residential properties and many have fled to the main land and work since they had no place live. Add in so much of the residential areas were bought up and redeveloped they had a housing shortage to start with. Further wonder about many of the older tourist places that were hit pretty hard, if they have come back on line.

My Mom is going down with them. Mom will tell me her opinion flat out when she comes back if their area is OK or not as she doesn't couch anything anymore. :rolleyes:

Chautauqua is beautiful in the summer months. Winter, well @MinnieM123 might like it. ;)

21stamps

We are Zoo members, museum members, aquarium members, and kings Island passes.. when the heck are we going to have time to go to any of them this year?????

We’re already having conflicts with sports and scouts.. and golf??? I have no idea when he will even be able to hit in the backyard.. much less 9 holes.. probably not a camp or driving range either.

I’m not the master juggler that I thought I was.

21stamps

I am curious to hear what my Sis finds in Key West when she gets there next week. Her building was up and running by the end of September after Irma. But they opted to travel to Costa Rica at ThanksGiving and Vietnam and Thailand for Christmas so I interested to hear about how all the rest of the properties are doing around the Keys. I know the local lost a good chunk of their residential properties and many have fled to the main land and work since they had no place live. Add in so much of the residential areas were bought up and redeveloped they had a housing shortage to start with. Further wonder about many of the older tourist places that were hit pretty hard, if they have come back on line.

My Mom is going down with them. Mom will tell me her opinion flat out when she comes back if their area is OK or not as she doesn't couch anything anymore. :rolleyes:

Chautauqua is beautiful in the summer months. Winter, well @MinnieM123 might like it. ;)

Key West is doing well. All but a few properties and hotels are completely fixed.

The other Keys still have a long way to go. Especially the middle keys. It breaks my heart seeing photos of it. :(

MySmallWorldof4

We are Zoo members, museum members, aquarium members, and kings Island passes.. when the heck are we going to have time to go to any of them this year?????

We’re already having conflicts with sports and scouts.. and golf??? I have no idea when he will even be able to hit in the backyard.. much less 9 holes.. probably not a camp or driving range either.

I am mean and made my kids choose one thing. Of course I kind of selfishly guided them to one place, so that I am only driving them to classes at one place which is thankfully indoors. Makes my life easier especially since it is mostly me driving them around.

21stamps

I am mean and made my kids choose one thing. Of course I kind of selfishly guided them to one place, so that I am only driving them to classes at one place which is thankfully indoors. Makes my life easier especially since it is mostly me driving them around.

I did this with soccer and football in the Fall. He had to choose one. It just stinks that baseball and soccer are his two favorite sports, and I hate to make him give up baseball for soccer- it’s supposed to be a Fall sport. I get so angry that they’re required to play Spring if they want to have a shot at staying on the team for Fall season.
I don’t think kids this age should have to choose between those 2 specific sports.

Lacrosse or Baseball. Soccer or Football. That’s the choices that they should have to make, imo. But.. my opinion doesn’t matter.

Gabe1

About a week back I said we had to start scaling back on what they wanted to be in and what we could let go.
We did that edit multiple times until they landed on their favorites.

But you can thank your lucky stars that one of the places you were not at today....Kalahari Sandusky OH

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/37...ool-5-people-injured-park-closed-photosvideos

DYG0CPXWsAIlRTP.jpg

21stamps

Gabe1

Oh my gosh.. that’s crazy!! I hate seeing stories like this. So scary.

Yeah. That vent system is used in a large chunk of all indoor aqua centers and lap pools. Wonder what happened?
I saw the picture of the lifeguard that was strapped to a backboard and taken out on a stretcher. If the intial reports are correct the 5 injured guests will be ok. I hope the lifeguard will be also. *prayers*

21stamps

Yeah. That vent system is used in a large chunk of all indoor aqua centers and lap pools. Wonder what happened?
I saw the picture of the lifeguard that was strapped to a backboard and taken out on a stretcher. If the intial reports are correct the 5 injured guests will be ok. I hope the lifeguard will be also. *prayers*

Yeah, just looking at the picture it appears that outcome could have been a lot worse. I’m glad everyone will be ok!

I can’t imagine how that happened, like you said, those vents are all over indoor pools/waterparks. Hopefully it was just a freak random incident.

Gabe1

Every year I write my daughter a new letter about how things are going, and what things she has done over the year. I then stuff a $100 bill into it and put it in her time capsule for when she's older (I haven't really decided yet whether I'll give it to her for her sweet sixteen or her eighteenth birthday). This year I obviously wanted to tell her a bit about our Disney trip but there was no way to condense it down, so I printed it all off. Even without the comments from the thread and making the pictures super small, it was still 59 pages :jawdrop::jawdrop:

That is very sweet. :inlove:

59 pages :cyclops: One busy two year old last year!

Gabe1

Yeah, just looking at the picture it appears that outcome could have been a lot worse. I’m glad everyone will be ok!

I can’t imagine how that happened, like you said, those vents are all over indoor pools/waterparks. Hopefully it was just a freak random incident.

Bet every waterpark is inquiring into what system they had and likely when they find out the cause of the failure they all will be having inspections for similar designs.

Gabe1

Key West is doing well. All but a few properties and hotels are completely fixed.

The other Keys still have a long way to go. Especially the middle keys. It breaks my heart seeing photos of it. :(

I never did ask my Sis, even if she knows yet what their special assessment was for her condo being slapped by Irma. Somethings you just don't want to ask. All and all it likely wasn't too horrid if they had hers up in a little over 2 weeks. I think a chunk of that was the lack of power.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom