The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
In a RARE move, my boss suggested that it may be safer for some of the staff to stay home. Ninety percent of all meetings were cancelled, patient load will be light (well . . . "light" for that place! LOL . . ..), etc. Said I'd be happy to take a vacation day and some others also followed suit. I get to play in the snow tomorrow!! All day!!! :joyfull::joyfull:
Ohh have so much fun!!!

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo I just saw on the news about the exploding bomb packages being delivered in Austin. Scary stuff!

Yea, it's incredilbly sad and just plain nutso all at the same time. It's, of course, all over the news here, and last I heard the authorities have no leads. They thought the first one was an isolated case regarding revenge for a drug deal gone bad, or something like that. Now, Just so random and no known connections between the victims in the different parts of town.
I hope they find this sicko soon.
Also SXSW is in full swing right now. Elon Musk was just in town yesterday talkin' about traveling to Mars :cyclops:, and I believe both Spielberg and Schwarzenegger were in town, as well. I believe the music portion started tonight. Don't really know for sure. Don't keep up with it all that much anymore.

It wasn't all that long ago that they finally caught and convicted some freak that was dropping large rocks from the interstate overpasses on and off for about a decade. It was always in the early morning hours, and there were never any witnesses. At least 3 people died, and several were seriously injured.
IIRC, was he was also a first responder that happened to always "show up" on the scene right after and they finally put 2 and 2 together.
He made a statement at one point about teaching speeders a lesson.
How can that kind of unhinged thinking even be aniticipated...?!?!?!
Just mind-numbing... :cyclops:

Again, I pray they apprehend and bring this bomb freak to justice ASSP.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

My kiddo likes to scroll thru my FB newsfeed with me.. one of my girlfriends had her 5 year old in a 1 month ski camp last month.
Now her daughter is hitting the slopes with her.. not super hard trails yet of course, but decent ones! She’s was posting videos of their ski trip all last week. It’s so neat to watch.

T says “Why don’t you let me do a ski camp? You keep promising to take me skiing, but you keep breaking your promise.”

I told him I haven’t broken any promise yet. I will take him. I just need another year or two to get acclimated to the cold weather. ;). I did go skiing on NYE 2 years ago, but left him at home.:cautious: I will teach the kiddo to ski.. eventually.
My kids were lucky to go snow tubing a couple of months ago. I braved a warmer winter day so they could slide down a hill. Mind you I skied as a kid and stopped when my oldest was 1. Dh didn’t ski and I realized I preferred the warmth of a ski lodge as opposed to the cold slopes. Haven’t touched a ski in 15 years and don’t miss it. Ironically I am watching a ski race on tv right now. :D

21stamps

My kids were lucky to go snow tubing a couple of months ago. I braved a warmer winter day so they could slide down a hill. Mind you I skied as a kid and stopped when my oldest was 1. Dh didn’t ski and I realized I preferred the warmth of a ski lodge as opposed to the cold slopes. Haven’t touched a ski in 15 years and don’t miss it. Ironically I am watching a ski race on tv right now. :D

Ha ha! I’m fairly similar. Went skiing often as a kid and teen (was the only time I was allowed out past curfew).. and then one weeklong ski trip per year as an adult. However, since T was born.. now I don’t really have the desire.😂

He has been tuning every year.. but I didn’t go last year with him. It was shortly after my surgery so another parent took him. We have a school tubing event every January. Once per year is enough tubing for me!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The "mommy blogger" is a very small category that does not fit all women or mothers.

Mommy bloggers is like an excuse by disney to claim they are "open for variety" and "diversity" by artificially inflating people who have zero blogger experience or power.

Several of these mommy bloggers have been featured in different threads here..and most of them (who pretty much are forced to smooch anything Disney gives them unless they want to be removed from the sponsored "get free stuff" group) have like, a minimally amount of watchers and/or content. So they are really not true bloggers.

Its like they on purpose gave a bunch of nobodies a chance to be "representatives" (to fill a Disney quota) without actually being real representatives of real "mommy bloggers" experts in Disney.

Some were infact akin to the famous Katiebug in terms of behavior. And I know there are some good bloggers of both sexes.

So I'm pretty sure again that Disney did this in an economical sense while refusing to pay or swoon a more established or knowledged blogger and just wanted yes-men who just say good things about Disney than actual real blogging of goods and bads and trips to improve your Disney experience.

*edit*

To resume.. Disney wanted just "happy faces" that will go to meetings, claim they are mommy blogger with tips and make-up happy stereotypical Disney behaviors that actually aren't close to reality. a PR stunt from 0 to 100.

So what are the male equivalents?

Gabe1

I went out this morning. Car to place A, car to place B, etc. As soon as I got home I took a hot bath and now have 2 heating pads and 2 blankets on me. Come here little groundhog:angelic::angelic::angelic:

Brrrr....we only had 2 mediocre teaser days for spring here and that one with lots of rain. I know it is still winter but still.....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wait, Donald alone at the MK? how is that possible?

Also I heard they are removing Disney Magician to replace him with something else?

Loving your photos!

Thanks and we had our picture taken with Donald at the Studios and when we were done I asked if I could get a picture of him alone. I heard they were getting rid of the talking Mickey too but he talked to us. It was kind of creepy but cool at the same time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Loving your pictures--you two are having so much fun! I thought it was funny that you were full from the Brown Derby lunch, but still went to Ample Hills for ice cream--that's downright admirable! :D
In a RARE move, my boss suggested that it may be safer for some of the staff to stay home. Ninety percent of all meetings were cancelled, patient load will be light (well . . . "light" for that place! LOL . . ..), etc. Said I'd be happy to take a vacation day and some others also followed suit. I get to play in the snow tomorrow!! All day!!! :joyfull::joyfull:

I'm glad you will get to play in the snow tomorrow. That will make you happy.

We are having a good time. By the time we got to Ample hills it was about 30 minutes later so we had a little more room.

Gabe1

It has been a long time for me too since I've been skiing. My kids were small and my thought was if I break something....then what??? I paid for their ski lessons. My Sis has another home in a gated community of
Chautauqua NY that is where they head.

21stamps

Omg. Remember the March 25th crazy soccer schedule post?

Now I just received an email from our Cub Scout leader... we can’t have our meeting this Sunday due to Webelos crossing over to Boy Scouts that day.

Soooo.. it’s been rescheduled for.. what date?.. of course- March 25th!! And.. “it’s a very important meeting. The boys will be making gifts for the parents to be given at the Blue & Gold banquet.”

Grrrrrrr!!! Ugh!!!! We can’t make it :(

Gabe1

I'm so happy you will be safe tomorrow. Enjoy your snow and please do not share. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom