The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Wow, that is quite mean. You provide your own happiness to yourself. If it so happens you ever find someone they should just add to your happiness, but it should be on your own foundation of joy that you already created on your own.

Oh she’s a total B about it.. she truly believes that I’m going to have a nervous break down and end up in a padded room when T goes off to college, or possibly before when he’s in high school and no longer wants to be around me as often.lol. She thinks I need someone there to catch me..or at the very least save me from a cat collection. I hate cats, so it’s even more of a joke.
I told her “That’s why I have you and (a few other of my close friends).” :)

Thanks, and if T was just a girl....;)

She will be a huge Etsy success if she decides to sell on there!
I was always too busy with school to bother with boys. It was one less stress to deal with.

Yes!! You get it!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Tell them to shush up! This is your time for fun and building your career success. Travel, stay out too late.. work hard, play hard. :). I had absolutely no desire for marriage in my young twenties, or mid twenties., I made a promise to myself that I would wait until I was at least 30. I almost made it., ;)

My friends and fam didn’t bother me about it during my 20s.. but people do bother me now. I’ve completely stopped going to one friend’s dinner parties.. somehow she always finds a random or ‘husband’s coworker from out of town’ every time she invites me. Drove me nuts!!

I haven’t had a desire to date in the past 6 years, I tried once 2 years ago. Realized I just don’t have the time, or mental capacity, or emotional capacity to deal with it. I dated the guy for over a year and never let him meet my child, which obviously created problems in the relationship, I had met his kids and parents. I finally accepted that I’m just not ready, and called it off. Great guy.. definitely a “it’s me, not you” situation.
I still don’t have the desire. I just smirk at the comments I receive... and reply “I’m good as things are, but thanks for your concern.”

My BFF likes to remind me that I “threw away my chance at real happiness!” and “you’re getting older every day!” I just laugh. I am happy.. no one can convince me that I need another marriage to provide ‘happiness’.

Everyone’s different, if we all just do us instead of thinking what’s best for another person, then think how much less annoying comments would be passed between friends and fam.. and the stupid cat memes I receive via text may disappear ;)

If you're relying on a guy (or anyone else) to make your life happy, you'll be disappointed. You build your life, and you build your happiness.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes but hilariously I dont think the kids are actually the ones to worry. But the baby boomer helicopter moms who complain that everyone should get a participation trophy because their "precious" feels bad (not the kid, but them actually lol).

Similar silly complains like claiming "red ink for scores makes them feel bad" (when its actually the parents who get annoyed when their "precious' don't do well in school.

I guess most people should open a "blog". I mean if those mommy bloggers with barely 2-3 watchers a month can get exclusive events, anyone can.
baffles your mind they waste so much money on these groups and leave the real fans out.

Mommy's receive the brunt of most criticisms and yet I don't find most Mom's to fit the stereo type that keeps repeating. I'm also not a fan of the term *snowflake* that seems to be the latest fad in putting down peoples children and their Mothers. More often than not it is men that are referring to Mommy Bloggers and Helicopter Mom's and referring to them as *snowflakes.* As this is a trend now to belittle Moms I often wonder about how secure some of these people are themselves. There is a trend now for parents of special needs kids to hire Parent Advocates to advocate on behalf of their kids as it is becoming more difficult for parents to be listened to. If an advocate is sitting next to the Mom they are far less likely to be dismissive and condescending about their concerns.

Oddly the vast majority blogs I've tripped over for Disney are written by Men. I follow the Disney Food Blog and I really like it, it is well organized and the site is easy to search and navigate. I do wonder if she always went by AJ or if it is a Disney thing? Keep them guessing if you're a guy or a gal? Another I followed for ever and a day is All Ears also started by a woman. She too is respected and well thought of in the Fan community, sadly they just get lump'd into this gender classification that is clearly not a field of all woman but merely dismissed into that Mommy Blogger category because of their gender. You'd think by the 21st century stuff like this would be winding down but no we've gone from being a *helicopter* to a *snowflake*

MySmallWorldof4

Mommy's receive the brunt of most criticisms and yet I don't find most Mom's to fit the stereo type that keeps repeating. I'm also not a fan of the term *snowflake* that seems to be the latest fad in putting down peoples children and their Mothers. More often than not it is men that are referring to Mommy Bloggers and Helicopter Mom's and referring to them as *snowflakes.* As this is a trend now to belittle Moms I often wonder about how secure some of these people are themselves. There is a trend now for parents of special needs kids to hire Parent Advocates to advocate on behalf of their kids as it is becoming more difficult for parents to be listened to. If an advocate is sitting next to the Mom they are far less likely to be dismissive and condescending about their concerns.

Oddly the vast majority blogs I've tripped over for Disney are written by Men. I follow the Disney Food Blog and I really like it, it is well organized and the site is easy to search and navigate. I do wonder if she always went by AJ or if it is a Disney thing? Keep them guessing if you're a guy or a gal? Another I followed for ever and a day is All Ears also started by a woman. She too is respected and well thought of in the Fan community, sadly they just get lump'd into this gender classification that is clearly not a field of all woman but merely dismissed into that Mommy Blogger category because of their gender. You'd think by the 21st century stuff like this would be winding down but no we've gone from being a *helicopter* to a *snowflake*
I don't consider All Ears to be a mommy blogger website. I find it is quite honest, and I love how there are real reviews of resorts and restaurants by real people. I would sit and just read reviews of resorts to pass the time between trips before I found this site. I also miss that one of their bloggers, Jack Spence, left. He had so many interesting articles on the parks and Disney history. Love the food blog too. So jealous of AJ. Best job ever!

MOXOMUMD

My younger son got married about six years ago, and said they were going to give me more grandchildren. I said, "don't have kids for me". Well now, he is divorced, so I guess it's a blessing no kids came. Too many homes/families/couples are raising kids separately. My one and only grandchild/grandson lived in three homes. Mom's house, dad's house, and grandparents. He has lots of issues to this day because of that.
I'm a single mom raising my daughter on my own and have been since shortly after she was born. It's court ordered she isn't allowed to visit her dad anywhere but my house, two days a month. It is what it is but it has made her a stronger person. As a single parent it's hard to be both the mom and dad to her but I do what I can. She's my baby girl.

Gabe1

Tell them to shush up! This is your time for fun and building your career success. Travel, stay out too late.. work hard, play hard. :). I had absolutely no desire for marriage in my young twenties, or mid twenties., I made a promise to myself that I would wait until I was at least 30. I almost made it., ;)

My friends and fam didn’t bother me about it during my 20s.. but people do bother me now. I’ve completely stopped going to one friend’s dinner parties.. somehow she always finds a random or ‘husband’s coworker from out of town’ every time she invites me. Drove me nuts!!

I haven’t had a desire to date in the past 6 years, I tried once 2 years ago. Realized I just don’t have the time, or mental capacity, or emotional capacity to deal with it. I dated the guy for over a year and never let him meet my child, which obviously created problems in the relationship, I had met his kids and parents. I finally accepted that I’m just not ready, and called it off. Great guy.. definitely a “it’s me, not you” situation.
I still don’t have the desire. I just smirk at the comments I receive... and reply “I’m good as things are, but thanks for your concern.”

My BFF likes to remind me that I “threw away my chance at real happiness!” and “you’re getting older every day!” I just laugh. I am happy.. no one can convince me that I need another marriage to provide ‘happiness’.

Everyone’s different, if we all just do us instead of thinking what’s best for another person, then think how much less annoying comments would be passed between friends and fam.. and the stupid cat memes I receive via text may disappear ;)
I was 22 when I had my first real boyfriend. Tell them to leave you alone.
Wow, that is quite mean. You provide your own happiness to yourself. If it so happens you ever find someone they should just add to your happiness, but it should be on your own foundation of joy that you already created on your own.
I was always too busy with school to bother with boys. It was one less stress to deal with.
If you're relying on a guy (or anyone else) to make your life happy, you'll be disappointed. You build your life, and you build your happiness.

What great role models you all are for younger woman and the strong ways you live your lives on your own terms. Warms the heart. I have come to know @StarWarsGirl over several years now and have such an admiration for her educational, career and personal goals. Well thought out and a solid concept drawing in her head to the direction she is taking her life. Admirable.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Every year I write my daughter a new letter about how things are going, and what things she has done over the year. I then stuff a $100 bill into it and put it in her time capsule for when she's older (I haven't really decided yet whether I'll give it to her for her sweet sixteen or her eighteenth birthday). This year I obviously wanted to tell her a bit about our Disney trip but there was no way to condense it down, so I printed it all off. Even without the comments from the thread and making the pictures super small, it was still 59 pages :jawdrop::jawdrop:

MySmallWorldof4

Every year I write my daughter a new letter about how things are going, and what things she has done over the year. I then stuff a $100 bill into it and put it in her time capsule for when she's older (I haven't really decided yet whether I'll give it to her for her sweet sixteen or her eighteenth birthday). This year I obviously wanted to tell her a bit about our Disney trip but there was no way to condense it down, so I printed it all off. Even without the comments from the thread and making the pictures super small, it was still 59 pages :jawdrop::jawdrop:
That is such an awesome idea!!!:)

MOXOMUMD

I don't consider All Ears to be a mommy blogger website. I find it is quite honest, and I love how there are real reviews of resorts and restaurants by real people. I would sit and just read reviews of resorts to pass the time between trips before I found this site. I also miss that one of their bloggers, Jack Spence, left. He had so many interesting articles on the parks and Disney history. Love the food blog too. So jealous of AJ. Best job ever!
When AllEars had the WhereAm I? photo contest I won a snow globe. I thought it was going to be a small generic Mickey one but it's about 8" tall and actually from WDW. Heart-shaped base and Mickey and Minnie kissing. If I remember I'll take a picture of it.

MySmallWorldof4

When AllEars had the WhereAm I? photo contest I won a snow globe. I thought it was going to be a small generic Mickey one but it's about 8" tall and actually from WDW. Heart-shaped base and Mickey and Minnie kissing. If I remember I'll take a picture of it.
I used to do the photo contest too. Never won. Glad you got something cool! Would love to see a photo!.

Gabe1

My younger son got married about six years ago, and said they were going to give me more grandchildren. I said, "don't have kids for me". Well now, he is divorced, so I guess it's a blessing no kids came. Too many homes/families/couples are raising kids separately. My one and only grandchild/grandson lived in three homes. Mom's house, dad's house, and grandparents. He has lots of issues to this day because of that.

I don't know the story but I am sorry your grandson struggles, you obviously love him very much. I've seen it go both ways with children that are young when their parents divorce. The majority come out the backside strong.

Being in a household without trust or love isn't healthy for anyone, the Mom, Dad or the Kid. Fake is stressful. Yeah they can pretend it works but often the 'fake' structure of family only makes it worse. My kids were very fortunate to have gone through their childhoods and college days without all that. Blessed in that regard.

I hope he can find a way to move past the issues he endured with his parents and come out the backside a happy young man and live his life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom