The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Calm down it's just a rectangle of fabric that I rolled hemmed the edges with my serger/that's overlocker for those on the wrong side of the pond. Not a whole lot of skill required. Just something that needed to get done because my old one was worn out.
I guarantee you that I would find a way to mess it up. I stand by my original comment-great job!
The Magic does 3-4 trips from puerto rico every year before moving to europe.

I know, the Magic is a small ship. I would think Disney would want the new ships to compete with the newer Royal Caribbean and NCL ships on their Eastern/Western routes.

NCL doesn’t even send their biggest ships on the Southern route. I think it’s because of the ports. Who knows though, NCL cancelled an Eastern when EVERY OTHER line is still doing it this summer.. so I could be totally wrong in my think. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Figgy1

And, if anyone might be interested, here is that 3-D model further along (although not completed)... I actually didn't work on it yesterday, as I was switched to another project that had a hard deadline.
Anyway, I got to leisurely work on it going into the weekend! :happy:
Again, the style is not everyone's cup o' tea, but we do everything from extremely traditional to ultra-contemporary, and everything in between. The major stress is always there to stay ahead of the competition, but, ultimately, it ain't a bad gig, overall...!!! ;)

View attachment 269312
Nice but I have a question. What is with all the round in new housing. What's wrong with straight walls?

12in12

Thank you. I’m so conflicted. I wanted to stick to the big ships, but with the itinerary change to our scheduled cruise I had to switch., not “had to” but didn’t see the value in same itinerary within 7 months.

I decided to do Mexican Riviera or Southern Caribbean.. chose the Southern on the Dawn.
Part of me is debating just switching lines altogether and giving up my NCL perks this trip.. if there’s not going to be a lot of entertainment, then I may as well take T on Azamara (my favorite).. and deal with the dirty looks from other passengers ;). MSC is another one that I’ve been debating.. but they need to make their website more American user friendly.

With as well traveled as you are, you may love Azamara. They have some fantastic itineraries!!!! You won’t see the big slides and rock climbing walls, but it doesn’t sound like you need them. You’ll be on the younger end of passengers, but the clientele is great.. I heard so many wonderful stories from older passengers that we met. Highly recommend that line.. then a land vacay to your favorite stop later on down the road. :)
I’m more of a land than cruise gal, but it’s nice to hit a variety of places and find where you want to spend more time.
I will have a look at Azamara, never heard of them. I am kinda sold on Norwegian as I hate the set dinner times on most cruise lines plus the idea of having to share a table with strangers fills me with dread. I also like the percs of being a frequent guest. :cat:

21stamps

I will have a look at Azamara, never heard of them. I am kinda sold on Norwegian as I hate the set dinner times on most cruise lines plus the idea of having to share a table with strangers fills me with dread. I also like the percs of being a frequent guest. :cat:
Azamara is a much older clientele on average, but their itineraries and onboard seminars can’t be beat. If you love a more ‘authentic’ travel feel and learning, as well as a lot of overnight stops and nontraditional excursions.. it’s perfect. :)

I totally agree with you about NCL. I am now hooked on the ‘freestyle’!

Cesar R M

I guarantee you that I would find a way to mess it up. I stand by my original comment-great job!

I know, the Magic is a small ship. I would think Disney would want the new ships to compete with the newer Royal Caribbean and NCL ships on their Eastern/Western routes.

NCL doesn’t even send their biggest ships on the Southern route. I think it’s because of the ports. Who knows though, NCL cancelled an Eastern when EVERY OTHER line is still doing it this summer.. so I could be totally wrong in my think. 🤷‍♀️
That something that baffles me regarding cruise ships.

Royal Caribbean for example, announced it will move one of the Quantum ships to Seattle for Alaska itinerary.. and I'm baffled on HOW THE HELL A HUGE SHIP LIKE THE QUANTUM CLASS can fit in the narrow passages?

When I was at the wonder, we had a bigger Princess ship behind us if I remember correctly, and a same sized Holland American Line (RYNDAM) infront.

And the Princess had to maneouver so slowly in the Sawyer Glacier area (there are 3 VERY narrow areas in Tracy's arm).

I cant imagine a Quantum (20 % bigger than the Grand Princess , 280meters vs 340meters) slowly doing a "turn" in the glaciers area in Alaska. or Fitting in small ports like Ketchikan.

In the other hand, speaking of the new Disney ships.

They are way bigger in gross tonnage (almost 6,000 GT than the Fantasy) but having less capacity (3500 vs 4000 people). Makes me wonder if it will have way more large "family" rooms and suites. Similar to the Quantum and Oasis class.. with its 2 floor lofts and suites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom