The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

That something that baffles me regarding cruise ships.

Royal Caribbean for example, announced it will move one of the Quantum ships to Seattle for Alaska itinerary.. and I'm baffled on HOW THE HELL A HUGE SHIP LIKE THE QUANTUM CLASS can fit in the narrow passages?

When I was at the wonder, we had a bigger Princess ship behind us if I remember correctly, and a same sized Holland American Line (RYNDAM) infront.

And the Princess had to maneouver so slowly in the Sawyer Glacier area (there are 3 VERY narrow areas in Tracy's arm).

I cant imagine a Quantum (20 % bigger than the Grand Princess , 280meters vs 340meters) slowly doing a "turn" in the glaciers area in Alaska. or Fitting in small ports like Ketchikan.

In the other hand, speaking of the new Disney ships.

They are way bigger in gross tonnage (almost 6,000 GT than the Fantasy) but having less capacity (3500 vs 4000 people). Makes me wonder if it will have way more large "family" rooms and suites. Similar to the Quantum and Oasis class.. with its 2 floor lofts and suites.

I don’t get it either. The Norwegian Bliss is also doing Alaska, and that’s a huge ship too. I don’t think it’s doing Glacier Bay though, which is a must if we go.
How did you like your Alaskan cruise?
This is the 2nd consecutive year when I have booked it, then chickened out and switched itineraries. My son wants to do it so badly.. but I DON’T! I’d rather save Alaska until I’m a little older.. I want warm right now. Also with him, some of the excursions I think are better for when he’s a few years older, i.e. Kayaking in Orca Bay.. I would be a nervous wreck with him right now.. I’d rather him be a little stronger kayaker first.
But... everyone raves about Alaska.. are you going to make me feel guilty by doing the same?

21stamps

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom