The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

It is at Port Miami right now. Can see it on the webcam.:)
I now wonder.. with the new ships coming in..

Will the Magic stay in europe yearlong, while the wonder moves to Alaska + Panama canal trips.. the Dream and Fantasy stay their current trips from Port Canaveral..

Will the new ships sail from Houston, New York, Miami and Puerto Rico?
Or will one of the ships move to Asia (Hong Kong, Shangai, Tokio)?

21stamps

No sorry. I have done several Norwegian and one Carnival.

I wish I could take something but since I am looking after my mother I need to stay alert.:(
Have you been on the Gem, Star, or Dawn by any chance? I was debating between the 3, but Dawn won for itinerary.. I’m worried about the lack of activities on board.

One more- have you done the Epic? We will most likely be doing that out of Barcelona next year.. I keep reading that the staterooms are “weird”.

21stamps

Will the Magic stay in europe yearlong, while the wonder moves to Alaska + Panama canal trips.. the Dream and Fantasy stay their current trips from Port Canaveral..

I doubt one of the new ships will sail from Puerto Rico, but I could be wrong. I’d think they’d want to keep them in the Eastern and Western as well as Bermuda routes.. to compete with the megaships.

12in12

Have you been on the Gem, Star, or Dawn by any chance? I was debating between the 3, but Dawn won for itinerary.. I’m worried about the lack of activities on board.

One more- have you done the Epic? We will most likely be doing that out of Barcelona next year.. I keep reading that the staterooms are “weird”.
I have been on the Dawn but that was over 10 years ago so can't really comment on the current entertainment. I enjoy trivia etc. so always enjoy those kind of activities on board.
I have done the Epic from Barcelona and it was a nice cruise but I didn't like the layout of the schip. I stayed in a studio which I loved but I did hear from other guests that they didn't like the bathroom set up in regular cabins.

21stamps

I have been on the Dawn but that was over 10 years ago so can't really comment on the current entertainment. I enjoy trivia etc. so always enjoy those kind of activities on board.
I have done the Epic from Barcelona and it was a nice cruise but I didn't like the layout of the schip. I stayed in a studio which I loved but I did hear from other guests that they didn't like the bathroom set up in regular cabins.

Thank you. I’m so conflicted. I wanted to stick to the big ships, but with the itinerary change to our scheduled cruise I had to switch., not “had to” but didn’t see the value in same itinerary within 7 months.

I decided to do Mexican Riviera or Southern Caribbean.. chose the Southern on the Dawn.
Part of me is debating just switching lines altogether and giving up my NCL perks this trip.. if there’s not going to be a lot of entertainment, then I may as well take T on Azamara (my favorite).. and deal with the dirty looks from other passengers ;). MSC is another one that I’ve been debating.. but they need to make their website more American user friendly.

With as well traveled as you are, you may love Azamara. They have some fantastic itineraries!!!! You won’t see the big slides and rock climbing walls, but it doesn’t sound like you need them. You’ll be on the younger end of passengers, but the clientele is great.. I heard so many wonderful stories from older passengers that we met. Highly recommend that line.. then a land vacay to your favorite stop later on down the road. :)
I’m more of a land than cruise gal, but it’s nice to hit a variety of places and find where you want to spend more time.

donaldtoo

And, if anyone might be interested, here is that 3-D model further along (although not completed)... I actually didn't work on it yesterday, as I was switched to another project that had a hard deadline.
Anyway, I got to leisurely work on it going into the weekend! :happy:
Again, the style is not everyone's cup o' tea, but we do everything from extremely traditional to ultra-contemporary, and everything in between. The major stress is always there to stay ahead of the competition, but, ultimately, it ain't a bad gig, overall...!!! ;)

image.jpeg

Figgy1

We’re going to the Boy Scouts fish fry tonight.. unless it’s packed, then we’ll leave and go for crab legs. I’m kind of hoping that it’s too packed ;)

Wait, you made the table cloths yourself? I can’t even sew a button. :(. I’ve always wanted to make something..knitting or sewing, but I know I don’t have the required skills. 😂
Calm down it's just a rectangle of fabric that I rolled hemmed the edges with my serger/that's overlocker for those on the wrong side of the pond. Not a whole lot of skill required. Just something that needed to get done because my old one was worn out.

MySmallWorldof4

I wonder if they will have any sailings out of Baltimore or NY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom