The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I just got a new one a few weeks ago because everything on my old one kept breaking...you couldn't use headphones anymore, only 1 USB port worked, the touch pad didn't work, and it was slow as molasses. So I bit the bullet and got a new one. Now I just need to get an ad blocker put on it, but I don't remember which one I had.
You did wekll, usually when the USB ports are dying.. it means the mainboard chipsets are starting to fall thanks to mini short circuits and could kick the bucket by itself any time.

21stamps

Tried doing a full reformat or expanding the memory? most laptops try to cheapen the prices by using the slowest memory and lowest memory capacities they can get away with (same with hard disks). Adding a cheap SSD for laptops could also speed up the computer by a lot.
Or... just buy a Mac and save yourself the headache. :)

Perhaps that school uses the method of Montessorri?
I went to that kind of school for 1 year when I was young, and technically they put all the tools around you and the teachers encourage you to check things by yourself then the teacher helps you out with that.

We are a hybrid.. Montessori philosophy plays a huge role in our system.

Cesar R M

Or... just buy a Mac and save yourself the headache.
That is an hilarious silly lie told by Mac Vendors and Jobs himself (with his BS "its magical" device).
Macs are and have the same kind of hardware as Windows, Linux or Android Pcs. Same kind of components.

There is almost zero difference in an medium to high end Dell system and an Apple MAC internally.

We are a hybrid.. Montessori philosophy plays a huge role in our system.
HAH! KNEW IT!

I can’t like this. I love Toys R Us.
Pretty sure we all liked things that went away because they refused to change to the new times.

From restaurants, to stores... from services to even hotels.

No business is untouchable.

Cesar R M

Speaking of New things, did anyone seen the released designs of the new Disney Cruise Line ships?
The overall shape looks a lot like the Royal Caribbean's Quantum Class in an smaller package mixed with the older Magic class. I wonder if its because the maker is the same. Also the Magic is currently in Dry Dock, I wonder what changes will it get.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/first-look-at-disneys-next-ships/
https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/...ey-releases-first-rendering-of-new-ships.html

On the good side, the ships will not be THAT bigger in terms of capacity, at 1,250 guest staterooms (2500 average occupancy). Its pretty small compared to the newer behemoths of NCL, Carnival and Royal Caribbean that sport 4000+ occupancy.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Speaking of New things, did anyone seen the released designs of the new Disney Cruise Line ships?
The overall shape looks a lot like the Royal Caribbean's Quantum Class in an smaller package mixed with the older Magic class. I wonder if its because the maker is the same. Also the Magic is currently in Dry Dock, I wonder what changes will it get.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/first-look-at-disneys-next-ships/
https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/...ey-releases-first-rendering-of-new-ships.html

On the good side, the ships will not be THAT bigger in terms of capacity, at 1,250 guest staterooms (2500 average occupancy). Its pretty small compared to the newer behemoths of NCL, Carnival and Royal Caribbean that sport 4000+ occupancy.
Magic has now left dry dock :)

Figgy1

Sometimes a day off is also a public service action to anyone who would have to deal with us..:) get some sleep!
THNX but I'm just going to go to bed early. My good news is it's clean out the fridge night so no cooking:joyfull: at least I managed to get 2 tablecloths done but don't expect pics. Beige rolled edge on beige fabric lol It seems my dh thinks tablecloths are clothes:cautious::cautious::cautious: That being said I edged both for less than the cost of one even at Walmart:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

What are the odds that they will offer rooms for 6 that aren't suites, so I wouldn't need to book 2 rooms?

21stamps

This kind of coaching is usually related to prevent anxiety on kids. Who feel forced to "win" and feel like crap if they lost. Even if the "games" arent even tournament or things to win.

This was concerning, I did not pass the message to my son... but I thought “ok maybe she just doesn’t want them to feel too pressured, I’ll give her a chance.”

9A15ACF7-9099-48B2-853A-87E3EC783B97.jpeg

The entire season was HE@#. Minimal direction, practice (when we even had it) was full of “dribble in circles and stop when the coach yells stop”. These kids were 6&7, not 3. Don’t coach if you don’t know how to coach..there’s no excuse, YouTube can provide plenty of age appropriate ideas. I was at a Bengals game one Thursday.. my mom drove 40 minutes to take my son to practice, all the kids were there 5 minutes AFTER practice was about to start, she sent a text cancelling it. I left work early to take him to practice on Tuesdays- half the time they were cancelled 10 minutes prior to start time.
Here’s one of the times where we actually had an hour notice- with no explanation!!!
02683427-FA8D-45A6-AE56-9AA926372B7E.jpeg

I tried to talk to her several times, I was very nice at first. But it was total BS.

Ok sorry.. can you tell I hated that soccer season? I’m done ranting about it. Apologies again.lol

MySmallWorldof4

This was concerning, I did not pass the message to my son... but I thought “ok maybe she just doesn’t want them to feel too pressured, I’ll give her a chance.”

View attachment 269246

The entire season was HE@#. Minimal direction, practice (when we even had it) was full of “dribble in circles and stop when the coach yells stop”. These kids were 6&7, not 3. Don’t coach if you don’t know how to coach..there’s no excuse, YouTube can provide plenty of age appropriate ideas. I was at a Bengals game one Thursday.. my mom drove 40 minutes to take my son to practice, all the kids were there 5 minutes AFTER practice was about to start, she sent a text cancelling it. I left work early to take him to practice on Tuesdays- half the time they were cancelled 10 minutes prior to start time.
Here’s one of the times where we actually had an hour notice- with no explanation!!!
View attachment 269247

I tried to talk to her several times, I was very nice at first. But it was total BS.

Ok sorry.. can you tell I hated that soccer season? I’m done ranting about it. Apologies again.lol
Well, she shouldn't have been the coach. Sure, you don't want to make kids feel bad when they lose, but you do want them to know that winning is a good thing, otherwise what is the point of competing? Winning and competing kind of go hand in hand. When dd goes in for a cheer competition she wants to win. They don't feel despondent when they lose because good parents and coaches shouldn't allow that. They get constructive criticism and are told what they need to improve so they can do better the next time. The coaches are given a score sheet and they tell the kids exactly what the judges say. The kids seem to get motivated to fix their mistakes so they can do better. She has a competition tomorrow in Baltimore, but they are guaranteed first place since they are the only team in their division. We won't tell them so they work super hard and will feel good getting a first place banner. It will give them confidence for next week when they are up against 5 other teams. It will be in Indiana. Indiana, PA that is.

21stamps

Well, she shouldn't have been the coach. Sure, you don't want to make kids feel bad when they lose, but you do want them to know that winning is a good thing, otherwise what is the point of competing? Winning and competing kind of go hand in hand. When dd goes in for a cheer competition she wants to win. They don't feel despondent when they lose because good parents and coaches shouldn't allow that. They get constructive criticism and are told what they need to improve so they can do better the next time. The coaches are given a score sheet and they tell the kids exactly what the judges say. The kids seem to get motivated to fix their mistakes so they can do better. She has a competition tomorrow in Baltimore, but they are guaranteed first place since they are the only team in their division. We won't tell them so they work super hard and will feel good getting a first place banner. It will give them confidence for next week when they are up against 5 other teams. It will be in Indiana. Indiana, PA that is.
Exactly.

That season pushed me over the edge and is why myself and 3 other of the best players parents let our kids try out for club earlier than I had planned.
Our school athletic association fees are $300 per year.. $75 per sport on top of it.. plus we have a million fundraisers, and required concession stand volunteer hours from parents.
The school has always been known for having great sports programs, however, in 3 years I’ve experienced two lazy coaches...1 soccer 1 baseball. I want my kid to play sports with his classmates, I love the bond it creates as well as playing with kids who aren’t in your same class... but not if it wastes our time and my money.
When we have our monthly athletic meetings and they wonder why we’re losing so much of the good talent- it’s not hard to see why. And unfortunately, with ‘good talent’ typically comes hand in hand with parents who also know the sport well enough to coach..so we’re losing those too. Yes, coaches are volunteers.. but we need to make sure that the volunteers have some kind of outline or training if they need it.
The ‘participation trophy’ parents need to be kept away from coaching school sports. It’s not fair to the school, parents, and most of all- the kids.

Good luck to your daughter in her competition!! The 1st place banner will definitely be a great confidence booster. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom