The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Wow....I have only been notified when a kid needs to be picked up. There was one time that DS just about passed out in class...the teacher said he kind of stumbled, she looked at him and he was whiter than usual, which is saying something, and he said he didn't feel well, he was dizzy. Then he just about collapsed so she called me to come get him...she was terrified. But the only times I've ever been called were when they got so sick that I needed to come pick them up.

I think it’s standard in the US.. im glad they do it just in case it’s something that could lead to more. Even a playground fall could be a fracture, but if not notified from the school nurse then parents may not even know about the fall, and potentially blow off a kid’s complaining later on.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan are you feeling better? GWS xoxo

I called out of work and went back to sleep. Woke up to the air raid sirens :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: (they test the tornado alarms at noon on Wednesdays). I have zero energy, but my temp was up to 97.9 when i woke up, so I can't complain about that!!

Thanks. I was talking to her about making some for Give Kids the World, and making a project out of it. I told her to try and sell some on Etsy and use some profit for GTTW as well.

That's such an amazing idea!!

They would sell the coolest gadgets and gizmos. It was awesome when it opened in the 80's. Maybe it was around before then, but I just remember seeing them in the malls in the 80's. Of course malls are dying and that has a lot to do with mall stores folding. People just buy online a lot. I am one of those people.:oops:

But did they have whoosits and whatsits galore??!?

21stamps

Well, I don't have unlimited texting, no. So I use Facebook and What'sapp for everything. That's actually why I got a smartphone...I was on the board for choir and everyone had whatsapp except me, so I was missing all the important stuff because they would app it through to everyone, and because I didn't have a smartphone, I didn't get it. So, I got a smartphone.

I downloaded the WhatsApp before the hurricanes..also Zello.. they were weird. I need to delete them. I can’t remember which, but one was like a walkie talkie.. we only used it once.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Here’s what I did at 3am.. can you tell what this is?

View attachment 268801

I'm starting to think you're a vampire and you don't actually sleep, ever....

No.. snow and rain. Apparently wind as well.. I left my garbage can sitting behind my car last night.. wind somehow took the lid straight back onto my car.. completely shattered the glass :(. I put an inflatable pool, plastic, and salt bags to try to protect from the snow and rain. I have to drive it like this to the dealer- (with window out.. not with the inflatable pool lol)
Maybe this is a sign that I should clean my garage so I can actually park in there???
View attachment 268804

Ooooh noooo. That sucks. I'm so sorry!!

Songbird76

I have to plan all of our adventures with just myself and the kid, too. My husband travels so much for work there's no telling if he'll be able to come with us. The nice thing about Germany and having family there though is that there is a built in support network. They'll know where the kid friendly things are and best hospital to go to just in case. Their daughter is about 1.5 years younger than ours. So while we're with them, we'll have help. That's extra important at this age.

We're definitely not planning on hitting them all up next year!!

Germany is a lock for next year, though! We'll fly into Munich and spend a couple of days there exploring the city and that AMAZING park I miss so greatly, take a day trip out to Neuschwanstein castle (the "Walt Disney Castle") and then head North a couple hours to the Nuremburg area where my half brother and his family lives.

We've been thinking Costa Rica for 2020 though. The cloud rainforests are calling my name :inlove::inlove:
If you are going to see Neuschwanstein, you might want to visit the other castle, too...it's right there next door. I was shocked by how close together they are. You are driving down the road, and there they both are. The other one is Hohen something....like....Hohenschwangau I think? We stayed in the village of Füssen, which is just a couple of miles from the castles. BEAUTIFUL area there. Or have you been there? I know you visited Germany before.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If you are going to see Neuschwanstein, you might want to visit the other castle, too...it's right there next door. I was shocked by how close together they are. You are driving down the road, and there they both are. The other one is Hohen something....like....Hohenschwangau I think? We stayed in the village of Füssen, which is just a couple of miles from the castles. BEAUTIFUL area there. Or have you been there? I know you visited Germany before.

I haven't been South of Munich! So it will be a new experience for me. I think though that we'll be paying for one of those tour things that pick you up from Munich, and make sure you get everywhere. I'll most likely be traveling alone with the kid so I'll need it to be easy, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom