The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

donaldtoo

Speaking of the clothing store...he's moving, yet again, but, staying in the same mall. This time he's moving to the store space directly across from the Disney Store on the lower level that I was a CM at. Until about a month ago, it was a Brookstone.
He's pretty pumped about the new location!
Also, honest question 'cause I just don't know, is Brookstone still a thing, or are they fading away...?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Speaking of the clothing store...he's moving, yet again, but, staying in the same mall. This time he's moving to the store space directly across from the Disney Store on the lower level that I was a CM at. Until about a month ago, it was a Brookstone.
Also, honest question 'cause I just don't know, is Brookstone still a thing, or are they fading away...?

Again?! I figure at the rate he's going, he'll be renting out every possible store space in that mall before he retires! :p

You'd have to ask others for their opinion on Brookstone. Personally, I don't think it's nearly as popular as it used to be, but again, that's just my opinion. Never was a big fan of their stuff--seemed overpriced to me. They did have "some" nice things on occasion, but I'd never really go out of my way to go to that store.

donaldtoo

We haven't gone above freezing yet today and 2 schools close to us are already closed tomorrow. Tonight's dinner groundhog ribs with bbq sauce, corn bread and broccoli salad

Groundhog ribs...?!?!?! :cyclops:
Me and your boys could probably eat about 500 of those each in one sitting...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Unless y'all have GOUS up there (Groundhogs Of Unusual Size)...?! :cyclops:

image.jpeg

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Again?! I figure at the rate he's going, he'll be renting out every possible store space in that mall before he retires! :p

You'd have to ask others for their opinion on Brookstone. Personally, I don't think it's nearly as popular as it used to be, but again, that's just my opinion. Never was a big fan of their stuff--seemed overpriced to me. They did have "some" nice things on occasion, but I'd never really go out of my way to go to that store.

Yea! He may set a record, if he hasn't already...!!! :hilarious:

Yep, Brookstone was quite the cool-ish novelty when they first opened, but, I can't even remember the last time I was even in that one that I worked across the mall concourse from for 4+ years... :cyclops:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My dog likes to stare . . . at nothing. His preference is walls, but tonight he mixed it up a bit and was staring at the floor. While staring, he puts himself in this trance-like state. It all means something to him, but I like to mess with him when he gets like this. I might say (rather loudly), "Hey, wanna play?!" Ha! It shakes him out of his stupor and he looks at me, like, huh?! :hilarious:

1520387427001.png

(Not my dog in the photo, but he looks almost exactly like this pup!)

donaldtoo

My hubs just got some bad news too. One of his close friends who recently was re-diagnosed last week with cancer died tonight. It is a shock. :coldfeet::(

Oh my. Sympathy like.
My sincerest condolences to his family, your husband, and you as well.

Apologies for being so late with this. 20 pages behind again. I catch some things, unfortunately others slip through.
Again, my sincerest condolences.

MySmallWorldof4

I did buy a towel warmer from them a few months ago. It used to be cool and go to the store and sit in the massage chair. Haven’t actually been to a phydical store in at least 5 years.

21stamps

I would love to try one of those burgers. Sounds delicious. :hungry:
There was a meal you had while at Disney, I think at Ft Wilderness, some kind of veggie sandwich.. I think.. it was something that looked really good and I remember wanting to try it, now I can’t remember what it was.

Do you have any idea how to decipher that mess of a paragraph and figure out what I may be talking about?

MySmallWorldof4

There was a meal you had while at Disney, I think at Ft Wilderness, some kind of veggie sandwich.. I think.. it was something that looked really good and I remember wanting to try it, now I can’t remember what it was.

Do you have any idea how to decipher that mess of a paragraph and figure out what I may be talking about?
Maybe a veggie burger, but not at the Fort. They have an awesome one at TL. I can’t remember the one you are thinking about. I know I had some great vegetarian food though. The red quinoa cakes at Whispering Canyon Cafe are amazing. Had a great meal at The Wave also. I want to try the falafel burger next time at Cosmic Rays. So much food, so little time. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I still miss MySpace :hilarious:

I’ve been on FB since late 2008.
Everyone in my “friends list” is friends, family, past or present coworkers, former classmates.. I’m not one to have 897,452,681.7 ‘friends’ whom I’ve never met.. I do have 2 people from this site..those are the only ones who I don’t know personally, but Disney Friends almost count as personal, right? ;)

I’ve been on Instagram for the past couple of years, but only relatively recently have I started to use it regularly.

Pinterest is a given.

I’ve been on Twitter for the past year or so.. However, with Twitter it’s not at all like my other social media accounts.. I don’t know anyone that I follow.lol I’m just on there to read some info and laugh ;)

I did join Snapchat last summer, still have no idea how to use it. So why did I join? Because friends of mine were going to Disney, and they Snap instead of FB.. so of course I had to follow along on their trip. :)

It is funny what comes and goes in social media. I know with my oldest My Space and IM'ing was his life on our then Desktop in Middle School and a chunk of High School. FB as originally intended was for college students and that is when he got his FB which he has taken down to inactive for at least 2 years. In his career he has seen many a colleague tank a career with FB posts or being Tagged in them. My DD reads and keeps up with friends but her only posts are when we are in Disney.

Twitter is a unique group of Disney Folk in my circle. That is where I tripped across by accident so many of people I use to play with on a defunct WDW website as one led me to the next etc. I'm kinda like you a reader vs one that tweets. They view forums as obsolete but many lurk and get a kick out of it. SnapChat I've yet to join.

21stamps

Maybe a veggie burger, but not at the Fort. They have an awesome one at TL. I can’t remember the one you are thinking about. I know I had some great vegetarian food though. The red quinoa cakes at Whispering Canyon Cafe are amazing. Had a great meal at The Wave also. I want to try the falafel burger next time at Cosmic Rays. So much food, so little time. :rolleyes:
It’s going to drive me nuts.. I’ll have to read your entire trip report again.lol

I have assembled so much stuff over the years it's like I'm on autopilot while I'm doing it... :cyclops:

;)
I wish I had the patience!

It is funny what comes and goes in social media. I know with my oldest My Space and IM'ing was his life on our then Desktop in Middle School and a chunk of High School. FB as originally intended was for college students and that is when he got his FB which he has taken down to inactive for at least 2 years. In his career he has seen many a colleague tank a career with FB posts or being Tagged in them. My DD reads and keeps up with friends but her only posts are when we are in Disney.

Twitter is a unique group of Disney Folk in my circle. That is where I tripped across by accident so many of people I use to play with on a defunct WDW website as one led me to the next etc. I'm kinda like you a reader vs one that tweets. They view forums as obsolete but many lurk and get a kick out of it. SnapChat I've yet to join.

Apparently FB is for “old people” now. Ha ha. The work stuff I never understood.. why would anyone think it’s a good idea to post about work?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom