The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Maryland. They started requiring pre-K (which is a half day) a few years after I was through. Kindergarten is full.

Ahh ok. I wonder if all States will go to that eventually.
Public schools have requirements on how many days you can miss/unexcused absences, hopefully that doesn’t apply to preschool as well.

We traveled a lot more during those years than we do now. I wouldn’t want to see families lose that as an option if the state is involved. However, free preschool sounds incredibly wonderful.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ahh ok. I wonder if all States will go to that eventually.
Public schools have requirements on how many days you can miss/unexcused absences, hopefully that doesn’t apply to preschool as well.

We traveled a lot more during those years than we do now. I wouldn’t want to see families lose that as an option if the state is involved. However, free preschool sounds incredibly wonderful.

Where all have you taken T to? (besides Disney and the Keys)

MySmallWorldof4

I mean a whatsapp. I don't know what it's called in the US, but over here, we tell someone to "app me". Text would only apply to SMS. If I'm using facebook, I'd say "message me", for SMS, I'd say Text, and for Whatsapp it's "app me". I take it you all don't do that? Do you have whatsapp?
I have the what'sapp app. I just use it to contact my half-brother in Australia. I text everyone else. Unlimited texting here. I guess you don't have that there.

21stamps

Where all have you taken T to? (besides Disney and the Keys)

Atlantis, Bahamas and Beaches Turks & Caicos were our two “big trips” prior to Disney. Besides those, after moving here we’d go back to visit SoFla (Boca) twice per year... and then just a lot of 2 night roadtrips to Indianapolis, Columbus, Kentucky..but we usually missed 1 school day on those...some were in the summer though, so it was technically during ‘summer camp’.

Oh wait, I have to add Bimini, Bahamas. We’ve been there several times, sadly he doesn’t remember. I count those as part of our SoFla trips because we traveled by friend’s boat...and didn’t stay at a hotel. It’s only a few hours West of West Palm.

MySmallWorldof4

Does anyone ever look back on their Facebook “on this day” and laugh?
Today the progression was striking..especially now that I see how many years I’ve been stressing over bdays ;)

On this day in 2009, Late Night Fun vacation in Key West,FL-
View attachment 268615

On this day in 2010- Baby Shower-
View attachment 268618

On this day in 2011- Late Night Fun doing birthday preparations. (Note the time)

View attachment 268617

On this day in 2016- Late Night Fun watching PBS.

View attachment 268616

#momlife :hilarious:
I don't do Facebook myself. This forum is as close as I come to social media. Interesting what your life was like in 2009. ;)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Atlantis, Bahamas and Beaches Turks & Caicos were our two “big trips” prior to Disney. Besides those, after moving here we’d go back to visit SoFla (Boca) twice per year... and then just a lot of 2 night roadtrips to Indianapolis, Columbus, Kentucky..but we usually missed 1 school day on those...some were in the summer though, so it was technically during ‘summer camp’.

I have a list of places I want to take A. Costa Rica, Scotland, India, Thailand,UK, Norway, Australia, etc. I want to plan something for next year but don't know where, yet. Might start easy with Germany. We could stay with my half brother and save money and just take the train places.

21stamps

I don't do Facebook myself. This forum is as close as I come to social media. Interesting what your life was like in 2009. ;)
My Key West trip with T is much different than my prior trips with friends...a lot less inside of Duval Street.
We had so much fun back then, wherever we went though. The biggest advantage of being a South Floridian- cheap, quick, travel to the Caribbean and the Keys!!!
My Florida friends are like siblings. I couldn’t ask for any better, when sober or after a few too many mojitos ;)

Here’s the post that went with that photo-
806188D2-BDA1-4172-86BE-0A80E7BB4B09.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

I have a list of places I want to take A. Costa Rica, Scotland, India, Thailand,UK, Norway, Australia, etc. I want to plan something for next year but don't know where, yet. Might start easy with Germany. We could stay with my half brother and save money and just take the train places.
That is a pretty ambitious list. You might want to wait until she is much older so she can appreciate trips like that.

MySmallWorldof4

My Key West trip with T is much different than my prior trips with friends...a lot less inside of Duval Street.
We had so much fun back then, wherever we went though. The biggest advantage of being a South Floridian- cheap, quick, travel to the Caribbean and the Keys!!!
My Florida friends are like siblings. I couldn’t ask for any better, when sober or after a few too many mojitos ;)

Here’s the post that went with that photo-
View attachment 268647
If I can count my WDW friends, then I must have a 4 leaf clover somewhere. ;):)

21stamps

I wouldn’t keep up with any of my friends if it wasn’t for social media. :hilarious:

Nice! Ireland and Scotland are near the top of our list.. the other top spots are Costa Rica, Spain, Lisbon, Israel, and Turkey.
I have 2 friends in England, 1 Leeds, and 1 in London.. they always invite us.. I have another friend in Czech Republic.. which we will do eventually.

My hold up with international travel has just been the “1 adult” thing, dealing with luggage, trains, etc.. He’s now old enough that I think we can start.. I’m still a little intimated though. Resorts and cruises are much easier on me right now.

21stamps

That is a pretty ambitious list. You might want to wait until she is much older so she can appreciate trips like that.
This is why I’m saving Italy til T’s teen years. It’s not even a discussion right now, I want him to really appreciate and enjoy the experience. It’s also one place that I’ve never been.. so I think it will be great for the both of us. Another two are Morocco and South Africa, those need to be teen years too for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom