The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Thats the weird part, It must have hit one of my nerves that do not work (because of the many surgeries I've had in that side, the biggest one my implant)

Because I have minimal pain.
Well that's good. Man, I had a really mild case....only a handful of the blister thingies, but man they itched SO bad. That's why I went to the doctor....I had them for weeks and they wouldn't go away and I was achy everywhere. I hope yours stay low-key!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay for those who wanted to see the princess room in all its glory.... Here's how i painted gender neutral room before...
View attachment 267915

And here's how the princess room looks now (which definitely fits her personality better)...

View attachment 267916
View attachment 267917
View attachment 267918
View attachment 267919

Of course some photos had to be included from our trip to Disney...
View attachment 267920

And here's the royal Highness herself...
View attachment 267921

You cannot tell from the pictures but that pink wall is glittery and sparkly. It's too subtle to show up in the photos though.

I can't tell you how many smiles I had looking at all these cheerful pictures. :happy: You did a beautiful job on her room, and she couldn't be happier!! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you can see any actual holes, use steel wool to close them up. Also, extermination takes a while to completely eradicate the problem. Don't blame you for being skittish about all this.

Why steel wool? I haven't heard of that, but good tip. I know rodents don't like moth balls so we have some surrounding the house, because I don't like rodents.

Cesar R M

Well that's good. Man, I had a really mild case....only a handful of the blister thingies, but man they itched SO bad. That's why I went to the doctor....I had them for weeks and they wouldn't go away and I was achy everywhere. I hope yours stay low-key!
Not so low key lol, my neck is very swollen..
anyway got new blisters and its itchy but not painful.

must.. not scratch..

Songbird76

I'm a pretty stoic person, I've never been a crier. Actually I believe there are very different causes for tears. Often tension release over sadness. A very old friend of mine is very emotional and cries 'happy' tears about just about everything. She is always fixing her eye make up. Yeah, with my DD if there were tears it was usually stress caused or being scared out of her wits.

"Give your comments in a calm manner" because he keeps blowing up about things I absolutely love this. Getting a grip on temper meltdowns is obviously a hard skill to master for some.

So what Gilmore Girls marathon will it be? Rory in High School, Rory at Yale or Gilmore Girls revival?
Yeah, it's a great goal for him. We've been working on it with his psychologist, too....how to ask for help BEFORE he gets overwhelmed and blows up. But we only have one more session with the psychologist and then the city stops the funding for him. BUT she said she's pretty much given him what she can...when he started going there, we didn't know he had Autism. We just knew he needed help with learning to control his emotions and stop having the explosions of frustration. But now that we know what it is, she's referring us to an organization that specializes in Autism, and they can maybe help DH and I, too. It will all work out, but DS is very sad. He really likes her, and they have a rapport with each other...change is hard for him.
DD and I have been watching Gilmore Girls together regularly for the last few months to a year....we're up to Rory's 2nd year at Yale. She just met Logan, and Luke and Lorelai are dating and the town is worried about if they break up. We stayed up a little too late tonight watching. She also introduced me to Brian Hull's youtube videos where he goes to Disneyland and meets characters and does impressions of the characters he's meeting. Pretty amusing. So we watched that, and then watched GG the rest of the evening.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan , Mrs Ferrer wondered where the shoe storage was in the princess room ?
Or do they have their own room ?

We'll have to rethink it in the next couple of years, but because A only has a couple pairs of wearable outside the house shoes, this bin has been working for us:
20180303_162746.jpg

Right now she only has snow boots, cowboy boots, and one pair of tennies. I know she'd love love love to have more shoes, but i can't afford her shoe habit until she stops growing two sizes every season :cautious::cautious:

Songbird76

I am so one with the earth. Love my gardens, veggie plants, tree hugging type. My kids not so much. So am I surprised when my DD has a moment of weakness when and purchases a 2" little daisy starter set complete with mulch and seeds? Yes I am. More stunned even with such a small acknowledgement of my lone passion.

DXTZeziXcAEZBo1.jpg

Yet I am far more stunned that it says plant 5 seeds and there are at least 100 seeds.

What really caught my eye @Songbird76 and @RedNoseMickey this kit from Target is from the Netherlands.
Yes we Americans imported Daisy Flowers seeds from the Netherlands. A flower as common here as a dandoline weed.
What kind of Daisies? My BIL's ex-wife's family has a Gerbera farm. That's their business...we're still on good terms with the family, though the ex is kind of...woohoo. I wonder if they also export seeds. Probably not, though.

12in12

I am so one with the earth. Love my gardens, veggie plants, tree hugging type. My kids not so much. So am I surprised when my DD has a moment of weakness when and purchases a 2" little daisy starter set complete with mulch and seeds? Yes I am. More stunned even with such a small acknowledgement of my lone passion.

DXTZeziXcAEZBo1.jpg

Yet I am far more stunned that it says plant 5 seeds and there are at least 100 seeds.

What really caught my eye @Songbird76 and @RedNoseMickey this kit from Target is from the Netherlands.
Yes we Americans imported Daisy Flowers seeds from the Netherlands. A flower as common here as a dandoline weed.
The Dutch do have the best flowers, not that I am biased or anything.;)
This is de Payment of in the Netherlands. A world famous flowershow in a park that is only open for a few months a year. (Not my photo, got it of Google)
21C9680.jpg

Songbird76

When my Mother was a teenager her boyfriend drowned in a nearby river. After that she had a lifelong fear of (not water) swimming! When my sister and I would go anywhere near open water she would panic. We once went to the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick at low tide and walked out in the dry ocean floor. Someone near her said that the tide was due to start coming in and she practically had a heart attack fearing that it came in as a wall of water that we couldn't get away from. Anything above our ankles set her off.

I bought a 24 foot above ground pool when my kids were fairly young and they practically lived in it all summer long. They taught themselves how to swim. (I never learned how until I joined the military and had to learn. Didn't really have any problem with it though.) My girls loved to do acrobatics in the water and would do handstands which my mother could not watch. She could barely stand it when their heads were above water. I finally had to ask my girls not to do that when their grandmother was around least she die on the spot.
Aw....that must have been really hard for her. Was she with the boyfriend when it happened? When I was in college, there was this guy who lived across the hall from me. Really nice guy....very active on campus, always came to the concerts, ball games, plays...he went camping and fishing with his family...they were all really outdoorsy, and they went out one day and a storm came up unexpectedly. He and his dad had been out fishing and never came back. Everyone was so shocked because he was a really strong swimmer and they were the kind of people who went hiking and boating and such all the time...they weren't novices and no one understood how they could have drowned. So so sad. Even the strongest of swimmers are vulnerable. I'm sure that was a hard lesson for your mother to learn and something you wouldn't get over in a hurry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom