The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Aw....that must have been really hard for her. Was she with the boyfriend when it happened? When I was in college, there was this guy who lived across the hall from me. Really nice guy....very active on campus, always came to the concerts, ball games, plays...he went camping and fishing with his family...they were all really outdoorsy, and they went out one day and a storm came up unexpectedly. He and his dad had been out fishing and never came back. Everyone was so shocked because he was a really strong swimmer and they were the kind of people who went hiking and boating and such all the time...they weren't novices and no one understood how they could have drowned. So so sad. Even the strongest of swimmers are vulnerable. I'm sure that was a hard lesson for your mother to learn and something you wouldn't get over in a hurry.
You know, I don't know if she was with him at the time or not. She never said. But, if you are amused by coincidence my late wife also had a boyfriend drown on canoeing trip in Northern Quebec. (she wasn't with him) She didn't have a fear of water or swimming, but, I'm here to tell you that see carried that with her all her life even to the point of when we divorced she had her middle name changed to his last name. She was 60 years old at the time. It's a long story, but, a whole lot of my life has been regulated by the water death of others that I didn't even know.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
All is well, except that they suspended service on the Long Island Railroad at the peak of rush hour last night (it remains suspended as of right now, Saturday, 2:25 PM) due to multiple trees and poles knocked down on the tracks, and I had to take a $140.00 cab ride home. GRRRR.

Be safe Sir! I'm surprised you even found a taxi willing to drive but $140 *ouch*

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Your dad was right. My mother never learned how to swim, so it was a priority to her that all her kids learned to swim, because she never could (but she never took lessons, so go figure . . . :rolleyes: ).

I started swim lessons at 5 with a Red Cross beginner swim program for kids. Then went to the local Y for swimming for many years following that. My mother was elated with my progress--she said I was a fish in water! :hilarious:

It does amaze me how many people do not know how to swim. Yes my Dad was smart enough to see to it we did as it was far more than recreation or a sport. He was also smart enough to keep my Mom away from us as we learned.
like @Goofyernmost mom she panics for everyone just not herself and her *gasps* are loud. Can't tell you how many times she gasp'd at swim meets for my kids. Competition swimmers do surface dives and stay under the water streamlining a while before they surface and start either freestyle or b r e a s tstroke. After awhile and years later you'd think she'd have a learning curve. Eventually I just stopped inviting her, maybe once a year was all I could take or fellow spectators. You'd laugh though if you'd see the sideways looks my Dad would give her and if someone else we knew caught that he'd then add a very long eyeroll. Fun Times! :rolleyes:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The Dutch do have the best flowers, not that I am biased or anything.;)
This is de Payment of in the Netherlands. A world famous flowershow in a park that is only open for a few months a year. (Not my photo, got it of Google)
View attachment 268081

I would love to see all the tulips in the Netherlands, but that will probably have to wait until I either retire or win the lottery. Getting there in the Spring would be tough during the school year. But that picture is gorgeous!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So did you pick up your copy of People Magazine this week? Yummmmmm

It is going to make your tummy gurgle. :hungry::hungry::hungry:

http://people.com/food/best-disney-world-restaurants-food-lou-mongello/lou-mongello_magic_kingdom

I saw this article online earlier in the week, Lou mentions a lot of good places! :)

Time to leave for restaurant. :hungry: Hopefully when I try and plow through today's posts I'll hopefully find everyone and their homes to be safe from the storm. Be safe my friends. :inlove:

Have a good dinner! Will we get some pictures?:happy:

StarWarsGirl

I went to the funeral for my friend's grandmother today and then to a gathering afterward. She and I were talking to her uncle about how long we've been friends (sonce we were in diapers) and that she always used to brag because she was eight weeks older than me, but I told her now it's no longer cool to be older. Her uncle said when she turns 30 that I should harass her endlessly until I turn 30. She looked at him (as I was thinking, "Probably shouldn't give me any ideas") and said "Oh, please don't give her any ideas."

😇😇😂😂

21stamps

Okay for those who wanted to see the princess room in all its glory.... Here's how i painted gender neutral room before...
View attachment 267915

And here's how the princess room looks now (which definitely fits her personality better)...

View attachment 267916
View attachment 267917
View attachment 267918
View attachment 267919

Of course some photos had to be included from our trip to Disney...
View attachment 267920

And here's the royal Highness herself...
View attachment 267921

You cannot tell from the pictures but that pink wall is glittery and sparkly. It's too subtle to show up in the photos though.

Fantastic job, mamma!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Beautiful!

MySmallWorldof4

We don't give my daughter milk. She's not intolerant but her doctor suggested we stopped for various reasons, so we did. When we tell people their first reaction is always BUT WHERE DOES SHE GET HER CALCIUM?!!?! I don't think many people realize that you can get more calcium from veggies :joyfull::joyfull:
I drink chocolate almond milk. There is more calcium in that than regular milk. Tastes really good as well. :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

Okay for those who wanted to see the princess room in all its glory.... Here's how i painted gender neutral room before...
View attachment 267915

And here's how the princess room looks now (which definitely fits her personality better)...

View attachment 267916
View attachment 267917
View attachment 267918
View attachment 267919

Of course some photos had to be included from our trip to Disney...
View attachment 267920

And here's the royal Highness herself...
View attachment 267921

You cannot tell from the pictures but that pink wall is glittery and sparkly. It's too subtle to show up in the photos though.
I love it!!!!!!! A perfect princess room. Great idea with the the shoe organizer holding dolls instead.

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, it's a great goal for him. We've been working on it with his psychologist, too....how to ask for help BEFORE he gets overwhelmed and blows up. But we only have one more session with the psychologist and then the city stops the funding for him. BUT she said she's pretty much given him what she can...when he started going there, we didn't know he had Autism. We just knew he needed help with learning to control his emotions and stop having the explosions of frustration. But now that we know what it is, she's referring us to an organization that specializes in Autism, and they can maybe help DH and I, too. It will all work out, but DS is very sad. He really likes her, and they have a rapport with each other...change is hard for him.
DD and I have been watching Gilmore Girls together regularly for the last few months to a year....we're up to Rory's 2nd year at Yale. She just met Logan, and Luke and Lorelai are dating and the town is worried about if they break up. We stayed up a little too late tonight watching. She also introduced me to Brian Hull's youtube videos where he goes to Disneyland and meets characters and does impressions of the characters he's meeting. Pretty amusing. So we watched that, and then watched GG the rest of the evening.
So funny. Ds showed me those videos last week! Talented guy.

MySmallWorldof4

Littlest dd had a birthday party to go to at a local arcade/climbing jungle thing/batting cage place. I hate it there. It is at least 30 years old and probably saw its better days 20 years ago. It needs a major renovation. There were 2 other parties going on so there were kids everywhere. Dd was walking with a cupcake to a table I was at and she got sideswiped by a boy who was a head taller and probably twice her weight. She didn’t see him coming. Her poor head hit the ground. Of course he didn’t say sorry. He ran off. I just carried her to the table. Another mom got her an ice pack and they replaced the cupcake. I knew she would survive though when 10 minutes later she asked if her friend was going to open her presents there or at her house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom