The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Hope you continue to have minimal pain. Did the doctor say it would not spread?
Thats what she is reviewing, will see her again on monday to monitor the situation, but she hopes it wont spread that much. I have a very swollen neck with some blisters on my right side (below the jawline) almost all the way to the ear, she expects it to reach there and then stop..)
Hence why she gave me the strongest medicine. To prevent the expansion.

Anyway, the weird part of all this mumbo jumbo... is at first, I was thinking it was normal swelling because of the other illness I have been fighting (and I had swollen glands the first doctor meeting) And I thought I had cut myself when shaving.. nope.., shingles it was..

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thank you...girls day is a great suggestion. We'll try that. She loves to watch Gilmore Girls with me....perhaps that's a good activity. She's one of those people who bottles everything up until she gets so overwhelmed that she "pops" as you say. Most of the time, she's a pretty smiley, happy girl, so when she's not, we know the pot is bubbling under the surface. It's kind of interesting...my kids are kind of polar opposites that way. She bottles it up and simmers for a long time before it overwhelms her. DS pops at almost nothing at all...he's so easily overwhelmed. And sometimes you have no idea what he's upset about, but it's a huge deal to him. Every week, he gets a report from his teacher and every 5 weeks they get a new goal to work on...his goal this time is "Give your comments in a calm manner" because he keeps blowing up about things like...he had his hand up and the teacher didn't call on him. Or, they were doing a sudoku puzzle and he knew an answer, but couldn't explain how he knew it, so the teacher wouldn't fill it in. That's the kind of thing that sets him off, whereas DD would be more self-conscious about not being able to explain it, and she would be more likely to wait until she got home and cry quietly in her room about being embarrassed. Polar opposites.

I'm a pretty stoic person, I've never been a crier. Actually I believe there are very different causes for tears. Often tension release over sadness. A very old friend of mine is very emotional and cries 'happy' tears about just about everything. She is always fixing her eye make up. Yeah, with my DD if there were tears it was usually stress caused or being scared out of her wits.

"Give your comments in a calm manner" because he keeps blowing up about things
I absolutely love this. Getting a grip on temper meltdowns is obviously a hard skill to master for some.

So what Gilmore Girls marathon will it be? Rory in High School, Rory at Yale or Gilmore Girls revival?

MySmallWorldof4

Thats what she is reviewing, will see her again on monday to monitor the situation, but she hopes it wont spread that much. I have a very swollen neck with some blisters on my right side (below the jawline) almost all the way to the ear, she expects it to reach there and then stop..)

Anyway, the weird part of all this mumbo jumbo... is at first, I was thinking it was normal swelling because of the other illness I have been fighting (and I had swollen glands the first doctor meeting) And I thought I had cut myself when shaving.. nope.., shingles it was..
When it rains, it pours.

Gabe1

Boy! You are a young man for shingles. Be well my friend.

Gabe1

It has now been 2 years since the first angry splash mountain lady's first photo. Always in the same outfit, always same expression and pose. Happy 2nd Anniversary.

CopDnrzXEAAIP2T.jpg

Gabe1

I am so one with the earth. Love my gardens, veggie plants, tree hugging type. My kids not so much. So am I surprised when my DD has a moment of weakness when and purchases a 2" little daisy starter set complete with mulch and seeds? Yes I am. More stunned even with such a small acknowledgement of my lone passion.

DXTZeziXcAEZBo1.jpg

Yet I am far more stunned that it says plant 5 seeds and there are at least 100 seeds.

What really caught my eye @Songbird76 and @RedNoseMickey this kit from Target is from the Netherlands.
Yes we Americans imported Daisy Flowers seeds from the Netherlands. A flower as common here as a dandoline weed.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, I do. I request a wheelchair as soon as we get in. They take her ID and boarding pass, take her through security (I'm with them, but following normal procedures) here in the US, they don't make her take her shoes off, so she gets up long enough to walk through the metal detectorb although once, they didn't even make her do that, and then once we're through, they wheel her down to the gate. They let me take over from there so we can get food and such, and then they wheel her down to the plane. She preboards so she has plenty of time, and a flight attendant helps with her bags. Then, when we get off, they have a chair waiting for her and they wheel her over to bag claim and then out to pickup. It's really very easy for her and gives me peace of mind that she won't get run over by someone dashing through the airport.

She got frazzled once because she packed liquids in her carryon, and then after that, she was worrying about where her stuff was; she went to pay for dinner and couldn't find her wallet (which I promptly pulled out of her purse) but overall, she travels very well and doesn't get overly frazzled. She's also confident in my ability to travel and just lets me handle everything, which also helps. With both our stress levels.

I definitely recommend getting assistance for anyone who needs it, though. It definitely helps with travel anxiety levels.

Although I've never traveled with a person in a wheelchair, the information you provided is very good to know, just for any future reference.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yikes! Sure hope your Public Works Dept will at least come and clear the trunk out of the middle of the road.
Thank goodness a car or a person wasn't in the road when that one came down, roots and all.

Actually in response to your trees comment above, in my area, there were a few huge trees that fell down without warning. One person got pinned by a smaller branch only, but if that person was just a few more inches to the left, the outcome would have been far worse. Wind and rain was nuts here yesterday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hope @MinnieM123 was sent home early and checks in soon!

Oh, it was a freak show outdoors. I only cut out maybe an hour early (needed to finish up time-sensitive meeting schedules for the clinicians first). Walking to the train was fun ;) . Only hit one major gust that was really dicey, and grabbed on to a lamppost for maybe half a minute or so. When the gust died down a little, I ran like a crazy woman before the next huge gust hit! :D

1520070507311.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My Dad had us in a YMCA pool very young. I could swim a lap of a pool at three. He took my younger sister into the water with me before she could walk. He took us to Chicago beaches when we younger and he wanted us to be strong swimmers. We would spend about a month in Florida (pre WDW being built) each spring. We were in and out of the ocean on blow up rafts riding the waves. My Mom can't swim. She is deathly afraid of the water. He knew she'd be useless in an emergency so his goal was to make sure we were very strong swimmers. He'd throw pennies in the diving well for us to fetch. He'd have us swim to him in open water and kept moving backwards as we tried to reach him. He wanted us to struggle and become stronger and stronger. Could have pinched him then but I did eventually get what he was going for much later

I did the same with my kids they were in the water as babies. Their Dad can't swim and is afraid of water obviously that is over his head. They went on swimteam as soon as they could swim 2 laps, I like my Dad believed swimming was a necessary life skill. It evolved into a sport.

Your dad was right. My mother never learned how to swim, so it was a priority to her that all her kids learned to swim, because she never could (but she never took lessons, so go figure . . . :rolleyes: ).

I started swim lessons at 5 with a Red Cross beginner swim program for kids. Then went to the local Y for swimming for many years following that. My mother was elated with my progress--she said I was a fish in water! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom