The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have you never had Tuna casserole? It's one of the few ways I will actually eat fish. Don't try to give me a tuna sandwich...even the smell of tuna is enough to make me gag, but for some reason I actually like Tuna casserole...don't think I've ever had it WITHOUT crushed potato chips sprinkled on the top. I'll eat Tuna casserole, and I'll eat battered and fried Cod...that's pretty much the extent of my fish tolerance.

Oh yes, I've had tuna casserole many times, and I really like it. I just never heard of putting crushed potato chips on the top.

MouseDreaming

There is little hope of school being open tomorrow. I picked up a few things at the library and was told they will be closed tomorrow and to call first if I wish to go Monday or Tuesday. My friend who's child gets picked up by van was told to expect a call anytime after 5 This storm is looking worse by the minute up here. Come here little groundhog I have my nice warm 12 quart pots out.:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:
I am hoping it isn't as bad when it hits. Our snow never came this afternoon. Instead, the sun peaked out. Stay safe!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So question for the non-Americans in the group.... My friend was having a particularly rough day with her kid who was a whining mess, so i googled why kids whine. The below articles and others suggested that small children whining is largely an American problem because we raise our kids very differently from the rest of the world. Cliff notes: we build our lives around our kids and strive to give them opportunities we didn't have while the rest of the world expects children to fall in line with every day life that isn't catered to them and their personality.

So my question is.... Do kids in other countries really not whine?!?!

https://ifstudies.org/blog/why-are-american-parents-so-unhappy-a-theory
nah . American kids whine whichever country you take them too...

;)

This kind of baseless data drives me crazy.

We had 3 foreign exchange students over 5 years from Germany all from the same family. First an extremely classy young woman and wise beyond her years. The next one was still a well mannered young person but more of a spit fire and had ways of finding fun. The youngest we wanted to ship back. A sour person, always gloomy and would do things to provoke my family and would whine about everything and liked nothing. She would also come out of shower and parade around the house in a bra and panties which made my Dad beyond uncomfortable. So three non American kids from across the pond. America isn't perfect but I find on a whole lots of people just view us unfairly as all as Ugly Americans. Now placing all of our kids and parents into one size fits all type demographic and making making sweeping over generalizations is beyond insulting. Me, close that browser. Put the kid in their room and tell them they can only come out when they act properly and not whine or throw tantrums. They learn pretty quickly.

I fail to understand some over the pond parenting styles but I wouldn't dare say everyone over the pond is this way with their children.

ORLANDO – An Italian tourist was arrested Saturday after allegedly kicking his 3-year-old son in the face at Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park.

Central Florida News 13 reports Dario Napolitano was arrested after allegedly kicking the boy while the child was in his stroller at the Mexico exhibit in Epcot's World Showcase.

According to a police report, several witnesses said they saw Napolitano, a doctor in Italy, kick his son after arguing with his wife and children.

Detectives say the boy had a cut below his left eye, bruising above his eyebrow and his entire left eye was swollen.

Napolitano and his wife blamed their older son for the child's injuries in the report.

"(Napolitano) yelled at him a second time to stop and he complied throwing [the younger son] out of the stroller on the ground. He went up to his son [the older son] and slapped him twice across the face because he hurt his brother," the report reads, according to Central Florida News 13.

Napolitano was freed on $2,000 bond over the weekend. Neither he nor his wife allowed his son to be taken to a hospital.
Fox News US

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom