The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Have you never had Tuna casserole? It's one of the few ways I will actually eat fish. Don't try to give me a tuna sandwich...even the smell of tuna is enough to make me gag, but for some reason I actually like Tuna casserole...don't think I've ever had it WITHOUT crushed potato chips sprinkled on the top. I'll eat Tuna casserole, and I'll eat battered and fried Cod...that's pretty much the extent of my fish tolerance.
Not for me. I hate tuna and mayo, equally.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That was me last night. Around 3 a.m. I smelled skunk outside for about ten minutes. Blah! 😝 Then at 4 I smelled it again...and it lingered. 😑 At 4:30 I get up and look out the window and it's grazing on the flower buds in my yard by my window. 😡 I knocked on the window and it looked around, ate some more then ambled on. The smell stayed.

I blame ground hogs (which we have a lot of) because ground hogs and skunks often live in the same burrow.

I LOVE the smell of skunk, but not near my house!

StarWarsGirl

You can have Jasmine. When ours was first home as a pup, and we were trying to come up with a name, my DH said Princess Jasmine. I looked at him and he said this family is so Disney crazy, has to be a princess. Now, she often gets called Jazzy, for short. Interestingly, that started before DS started playing jazz.
I already had Belle, which was less about Disney and more because when we couldn't figure out her name, we called her pretty girl, so we went with Belle because it means beauty. So then since she already had a Disney name, I decided her buddy would also have a Disney name to match. Since I got another female, I decided to go with a princess name. And since I am soooo creative, I went with Jasmine because Jasmine has black hair, and my Jasmine has black fur.

My mom wanted to nickname her Jazzy. I vetoed that pretty quickly...

MouseDreaming

I already had Belle, which was less about Disney and more because when we couldn't figure out her name, we called her pretty girl, so we went with Belle because it means beauty. So then since she already had a Disney name, I decided her buddy would also have a Disney name to match. Since I got another female, I decided to go with a princess name. And since I am soooo creative, I went with Jasmine because Jasmine has black hair, and my Jasmine has black fur.

My mom wanted to nickname her Jazzy. I vetoed that pretty quickly...
When she was a small pup, I really wanted to get a picture of Princess Jasmine with Princess Jasmine. Disney costumes for dogs were a big thing that year, but no Jasmine costume. She is pretty scrappy, I can't imagine she would stay in it very long, now. She does have a Minnie Mouse collar, though.

StarWarsGirl

When she was a small pup, I really wanted to get a picture of Princess Jasmine with Princess Jasmine. Disney costumes for dogs were a big thing that year, but no Jasmine costume. She is pretty scrappy, I can't imagine she would stay in it very long, now. She does have a Minnie Mouse collar, though.
There's no way I could ever get either of my cats to wear a costume. Belle had a collar. She broke it the first week we had her. Didn't try that again. I haven't bothered with Jasmine; she's microchipped. That, and they're cats. Cats and costumes do not go together.

Figgy1

Premium Member
But...who asks someone else to cook for their party unless it's someone who has a catering business? Like...I would never ask my friends to cook for a party I'm hosting. It's one thing if someone offers to make a particular dish that I've said I loved in the past, or if it's a pot luck where everyone is bringing something, but just to be like, oh, hey, I'm having this party...would your wife be willing to handle the food?....um no.
Sure, unless they were paying you for it, it is so wrong.
Right? If my husband did that to me, I'd be like "I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for your OTHER wife, which you obviously have, because I know you wouldn't be stupid enough to think -I- would do it without you even asking first."
It's wayyyy worse than that. Usually I don't mind but a little more notice and NOT this weekend. At least one is postponed:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
That was me last night. Around 3 a.m. I smelled skunk outside for about ten minutes. Blah! 😝 Then at 4 I smelled it again...and it lingered. 😑 At 4:30 I get up and look out the window and it's grazing on the flower buds in my yard by my window. 😡 I knocked on the window and it looked around, ate some more then ambled on. The smell stayed.

I blame ground hogs (which we have a lot of) because ground hogs and skunks often live in the same burrow.
Sympathy like

Figgy1

Premium Member
There is little hope of school being open tomorrow. I picked up a few things at the library and was told they will be closed tomorrow and to call first if I wish to go Monday or Tuesday. My friend who's child gets picked up by van was told to expect a call anytime after 5 This storm is looking worse by the minute up here. Come here little groundhog I have my nice warm 12 quart pots out.:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

93boomer

Premium Member
There is little hope of school being open tomorrow. I picked up a few things at the library and was told they will be closed tomorrow and to call first if I wish to go Monday or Tuesday. My friend who's child gets picked up by van was told to expect a call anytime after 5 This storm is looking worse by the minute up here. Come here little groundhog I have my nice warm 12 quart pots out.:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:
Oh noo! Good luck! Hope it isn’t as bad as they are calling for it to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom