The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Ok, I kind of wonder about this. We have never had a bad meal at Tony's. But the last time we were there would have been maybe 2013?
My younger brother and I had a bad meal there, but it was in 2007 or 2008. The service was fine, and the Pistachio creme brulee tasted great. The problem was the main entree. It tasted blah. I think it might have been Chicken Parmesan.

I had better Italian food for a main dish growing up with my mom making it despite me being Polish(my dad's side) and German(my mom's side). My Mom usually was the parent that cooked supper when I was growing up including Italian food. My dad was just as good as my mom in cooking, but my mom was a stay a home mom with cooking being one of her duties. The Italian Food I recalled my mom making when I was growing up was Chicken Parmesan, Lasagna from scratch, spaghetti, and Mostaccioli:hungry:.

Tony's is not the worst experience I had at WDW for a table service. I gave it to Planet Hollywood The final time to Planet Hollywood in 2009. The first time was great, it got worse each time after that. The 2nd time to Planet Hollywood was bad service, but the final time was the food and service. The scary thing is Planet Hollywood became even worse based on what I read after the remodel despite it changing its name to Planet Hollywood Observatory and its theme:facepalm:.

What shakes my head even more at Planet Hollywood Observatory is they have the permits to create a counter service inside the building besides having a table service.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I miss it, too. Have you tried Cafe Zupas, yet?

Yes I have. I really like their salads. I'm sure I'd love most of their soups but unfortunately 80% are creamy soups and most cream soups hate me. Those I make at home so I can control what goes into them.

My DD could live at Zupas. Me I love their juice bar with flavored surup pumps. Yum.

About a month ago we ate at the Millers Ale House. Dang. Their food is beyond awesome. They have daily specials too. My DS had them in Florida but not in Illinois. I am a fan.

Gabe1

My younger brother and I had a bad meal there, but it was in 2007 or 2008. The service was fine, and the Pistachio creme brulee tasted great. The problem was the main entree. It tasted blah. I think it might have been Chicken Parmesan.

I had better Italian food for a main dish growing up with my mom making it despite me being Polish(my dad's side) and German(my mom's side). My Mom usually was the parent that cooked supper when I was growing up including Italian food. My dad was just as good as my mom in cooking, but my mom was a stay a home mom with cooking being one of her duties. The Italian Food I recalled my mom making when I was growing up was Chicken Parmesan, Lasagna from scratch, spaghetti, and Mostaccioli:hungry:.

Tony's is not the worst experience I had at WDW for a table service. I gave it to Planet Hollywood The final time to Planet Hollywood in 2009. The first time was great, it got worse each time after that. The 2nd time to Planet Hollywood was bad service, but the final time was the food and service. The scary thing is Planet Hollywood became even worse based on what I read after the remodel despite it changing its name and theme to Planet Hollywood Observatory:facepalm:.

What shakes my head even more at Planet Hollywood Observatory is they have the permits to create a counter service inside the building besides having a table service.

I won't even try Tony's anymore. They need to change their business model. This is why I worry about the fare at Pinocchio's for TS Italian buffet for dinner. The thought of noodles in a steam table under lights sitting there doesn't do a thing for me.

Planet Hollywood Observatory is trying to play catch up with the other new restaurants that most TS also have a take out or Quick Service offering. So many new excellent restaurants, doubt they can all possibly make it, too many in a small footprint and there are more to come yet. Wish they would have spread some of these outside businesses across the property...Springs is still a pain in the tush to get to and time consuming.

Gabe1

The problem is that bloggers are well known to be "paid" or get freebies to inflate the products qualities.
but popularity pays off for both the blogger and the "sponsor".

Yep. It is a creepy business model. I generally trust the other website of Disney Food Blog and All Ears for food reviews. AJ seems to enjoy the same type of food I do and snacks reviews are great. All Ears will flat out tell you if they are not staging a meal between courses correctly. That is something that bugs me. If I order an appetizer I want that before the meal and time to actually eat it.

Gabe1

Just checked accuweather. Looks like where I am in South Central PA is going to get lucky this time around and get nothing. @MinnieM123 and @FutureCEO will get the worst with really strong winds. Hope you don't get too much and the storm skirts more north of you.

I took my coat off today in the car. It is now so cold and very windy. Wind, rain then snow tomorrow.

@figmentfan423 I ran out of AMO. :cautious:

Gabe1

Oh, my purse. Why thank you. It's the second incarnation of that purse. I bought the first one after graduating high school and loved it to the point of wearing it out. I went to buy another one, but didn't find another one at WDW I liked better, so I bought it again! They increased the price $10, but this one is slightly larger and holding up better, so in this case, a slight price increase was worth it.

View attachment 267258

Just love it. :inlove: My DD got her Dooney with 'gift' money. She said the only way you could justify the splurge.

Gabe1

I always go to allears for reviews. I don't trust bloggers.

The Disney Food Blog has a long established reputation for being a call it as you see it person. She has the following for the same reason and sponsors. She doesn't fear ticking Disney off and Disney doesn't try to tick her off. Bonus she is a very good photographer.

Also one of the very few Disney Bloggers that is Female.

Cesar R M

Ok, I kind of wonder about this. We have never had a bad meal at Tony's. But the last time we were there would have been maybe 2013? On the last trip, at Christmas, I have to say all of the food I had at MK was sub par. Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, and Liberty Tree for lunch. I used to love their pot roast. This time it was dry, what I could eat of it. It had a lot of fat, too. So maybe it is across the board, at this point?

But Pinocchio Haus as a buffet? I don't even understand how they would set it up. Maybe they could do something with the Horseshoe? They could improve that buffet. And then you don't have to overhaul Pinocchio, and could work on food quality over all, instead?
No problem at Tony's other than its always "full" despite empty tables everywhere. And that they are so slow delivering the food.

Cesar R M

Yep. It is a creepy business model. I generally trust the other website of Disney Food Blog and All Ears for food reviews. AJ seems to enjoy the same type of food I do and snacks reviews are great. All Ears will flat out tell you if they are not staging a meal between courses correctly. That is something that bugs me. If I order an appetizer I want that before the meal and time to actually eat it.
Thats why was annoyed at the push for Disney and the mommy bloggers. felt so forced and fake.

12in12

I had Androids and moved to iPhones. It is time to buy another, I bought this one when DD graduated college. I do swish around though, my laptop is not an apple, so out of my budget when I got this one. I also like the touch and zoom screen alot. Have 2 tablets one Android and one apple. Can't tell ya the last time I used the Android one, it was perfectly fine, no issued. But when I got an iPad it made somethings much easier.
I do think it is easier to have either Android or IOS for everything so all the gadgets can talk to each other and things work the same. I just prefer it all to be Android but I know many people love their 🍎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom