The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is what I tell the kids. For all of us to go to the movies and get snacks there it can cost close to $100. I can get a dvd for under $24. Coco was $23 with my Target card. No brainer.

That's a bit high for Target to charge for Coco, unless you have a blu-ray. I just buy the regular DVDs and those are usually $3-5 cheaper than blu-ray.

The DVD I bought a week ago (The Florida Project, was $12.99) which was $3.00 cheaper than the price at Barnes & Noble for the exact same thing. Anyway, Coco in my Target this week is priced at $17.99 for the DVD.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yesss! We just did in December. We have SlingTv through the Internet. We have both the orange and blue levels. One had more sports channels than the other. We pay $45 a month compared to over $100 with cable. We never watched more than a couple of channels. And that was mostly PBS. So we just added Acorn TV for $5 a month. We have always had Netflix plus Amazon Prime for movies. The only thing we worry about is getting our Atlanta Braves games this season but DH is working on that. But, so far we do not miss cable at all.

Just curious--(I know nothing about Sling, etc.) -- do you get the national news channels like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Bloomberg and CNBC? I'm a news junkie and wouldn't want to give those up. We have DirectV and there's a ton of stuff we never watch.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just checked accuweather. Looks like where I am in South Central PA is going to get lucky this time around and get nothing. @MinnieM123 and @FutureCEO will get the worst with really strong winds. Hope you don't get too much and the storm skirts more north of you.

Yah, the weather guys can't pinpoint what we'll get yet. They all agree on windy days, and rain, but the snow part is what they're vascillating about. Path of the storm hasn't been locked down yet.

93boomer

Premium Member
Just curious--(I know nothing about Sling, etc.) -- do you get the national news channels like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Bloomberg and CNBC? I'm a news junkie and wouldn't want to give those up. We have DirectV and there's a ton of stuff we never watch.
CNN, Fox and Bloomberg is. You can add a news pkg including MSNBC and CNBC among others for I think $5 a month. Check their website for details. They have a free trial you can try out.

FutureCEO

Just checked accuweather. Looks like where I am in South Central PA is going to get lucky this time around and get nothing. @MinnieM123 and @FutureCEO will get the worst with really strong winds. Hope you don't get too much and the storm skirts more north of you.

just a little wind and rain. As of now, the weather people are calling for 50mph winds and 3 inches of rain.

donaldtoo

Pretty. I'm not wired to sit, never have been. From young I was alwa ys on the go with sports and everything else. I had a career that didn't have me sitting down and I'm still on my feet most of the day. Two days captive by Hurricane Irma had me going bonkers. Day one was actually nice as the parks were so empty the day before Irma that we hit 3 days worth in 12 hours, everything was a walk on. So the rest after that day of full parks at Epcot and then the MK a easy day was nice. Day two I needed to get up and move all day. I'm Just am not wired to sit like that more than an hour at best.

45 mins. was about all I sat there. We were on our first week-long vacation since June of '13, an had just finished an hour-long barrier reef snorkeling excursion. So yea, I sat for a while.
We were on the go the vast majority of the cruise, but, I did sit from time to time. I do enjoy just sitting sometimes. Remember all those removed Park benches at WDW that so many seem to complain about these days...? 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom