The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’m debating on cancelking Netflix again. We haven’t watched it in two weeks. I’m also seriously over paying for FuboTV.
Plus, and this is nothing new, but I hate that I have to have a large cable package, when we seriously don’t even watch much tv...there’s days when the tv doesn’t get turned on except for my morning news show. But the channels we do watch require a 500,456 channel subscription.

Has anyone here cut the cord? I’m so scared of the idea, but I’m sick of paying so much for tv and streaming services.
Cord cutters here. Everybody got to pick one service so we have Hulu(for movies and most network shows), Netfilx, CBS and Amazon Prime. Even with all 4 the total for the year works out to not even what we were paying in 2 months so we Snipped and haven't looked back.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is probably true which makes me think of the hate for H&V. They have almost the same food that you would find at Tusker House or Crystal Palace or Cape May Cafe etc. They all have the same distribution companies and preparation directions and equipment so there's a standard operating procedure across the board and staff don't need to be retrained if they are moved to different restaurants.
When we wnt to TH nobody really ate "standard" offerings. They also had a lot more allergy safe offerings just due to the nature of the food. Maybe that's why we like it and not H&V

Figgy1

Premium Member
We had this discussion a bunch of months ago. @figmentfan423 did and hasn't looked back. I was going to also. We don't watch it much, especially since the kids are no longer preschoolers. They will watch dvd's or stuff on-demand. I was going to cut, but it would not have saved much money because our internet service through xfinity is the fastest service here and is basically the only company we have here in farm country.:rolleyes: I need it for schoolwork and with 6 people using it sometimes at the same time, a necessity. It would not have saved much. I did call comcast and did get them to lower our monthly bill by close to $100. We had 4 boxes and I returned 2. We have no movie channels, just have a sports package which I want. We get the Olympic channel which is basically all I have been watching, aside from the Weather Channel for months.
I use the weather channel site, accuweather and 2 of our local channels and one of them is usually right:brb::banghead: This time they all agree I'm going hunting Friday.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The sports are my biggest concern. I have a streaming service on top of my cable sports package, called fuboTV, but we only use it for soccer.
Our cable company doesn’t offer any soccer channel on it’s own, which is super annoying.

My cable, phone and internet are also all thru the same company, it’s fiber, so they’re definitely the fastest in my area.. I probably wouldn’t save much money either if I broke up that bundle I guess.
Maybe I should call and see if I can get my bill lowered if I threaten to leave.
That's what we did every year until we cut them off. Now it's just interweb and the "land line" from them but that may be the next to go now that we have decent cell service. Finally!

Cesar R M

Honestly would explain the blah of all the Magic Kingdom TS restaurants. Maybe giving guests the alcohol is their end goal. The consolation prize for ick food at MK???? Could explain a great deal with the decades of prohibition on the MK. Good catch Sir!
They probably seen the numbers EPCOT and Universal Studios were making in pure drink purchases and pushed for that move too.

Cesar R M

Yeah. And soooo many unsuspecting guests are going to book it. :p Worse if a chunk of bloggers start raving about it. They'd do best to just say nothing if it isn't very good. Websites have a bit more control. They can post the Official Disney Press Releases then link it to the forums and let the members critic the venues. Remain unbiased.

The problem is that bloggers are well known to be "paid" or get freebies to inflate the products qualities.
but popularity pays off for both the blogger and the "sponsor".

Cesar R M

Maybe wear a mask around her? Littlest dd and I watched a video about the throat yesterday since she was curious. It was made for kids and it showed 2 kids having their tonsils removed. It also had the doctors who were the hosts of the show cough into petri dishes when they were 10 cm away, 50 cm away, and then when they covered their mouths with their arms. The petri dishes looked disgusting after a couple of days, just filled with bacteria, all but the one where their mouths were covered. It taught her a good lesson. Hope you aren't contagious much longer.
maybe I will do that.. but a bit too late now. doc says the infection spreading part should stop by tomorrow.

Cesar R M

I used Macs in college, and had one at home as well. I never had problems with it. I also ended up using PC's afterwards because they were cheaper, and since I was the one paying for them, I went with what fit my wallet better. I had no problem using Androids either. I got the iPhone after having many non Apple phones. I find they are both easy and user friendly. I did want to throw my iPhone during the first day of having it and was slightly regretting it, but the next day I had it all figured out. I did have to help dh who had not and was so frustrated he wanted to return it. He is used to it now also. He would probably switch back to Android, but I really like how I can share long videos with friends and family who have iPhones. I can only send like 15 seconds of video to people who have Androids. I love airdrop as well.
that sounds like a very artificial limitation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom