The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Re: Fish on Fridays during Lent..

I only eat shellfish. When I was a kid, My mom would make fish for her and my dad, and order cheese pizza for us kids...or we would go to a fish fry which also had cheese pizza.. and I would stuff myself on hush puppies.lol

Fast forward til now.. we either eat a vegetarian meal, or go out for crab legs or lobster, or go to a fish fry and I eat beforehand.. or.. order a veggie pizza.

The rule is No Meat, not Eat Fish.
But it’s more of an American thing anyway.

I was with a Jewish Israeli guy for several years.. I was stuck preparing fish every Friday (Shabbat) of the entire year with him...I just ate the salads. :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I am surprised they were that much. Usually they have good sales on costumes this time of year. They recently had a huge sale. Oh wait. Look here. https://www.shopdisney.com/up-to-40-off-royal-favorites

This is your fault:
20180227_181127.jpg
20180227_181318.jpg

And she somehow still has sixty something dollars left of birthday money :bored:

Side note: they don't have the same prices in store as they do online but they will price match. But every single item that needs to be price matched needs the manager ID re-entered :cry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I dislike all fish and seafood but I loath tuna more than anything.🤢
Seems extra cruel both your moms made you eat it.
Back when I ate fish tuna was one I liked. Sushi grade only. Not only was the carp my moms made awful it out of a can but you're talking about 2 women who could mess up tuna or hamburger helper(not that it's ever good) They are such bad cooks even Tony's wouldn't hire them. Saturday night was even worse, steak night. Not just any steak but T bones from a top notch butcher. It was either no seasoning or way too much and either raw or burnt.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is your fault:
View attachment 267172
View attachment 267173

And she somehow still has sixty something dollars left of birthday money :bored:

Side note: they don't have the same prices in store as they do online but they will price match. But every single item that needs to be price matched needs the manager ID re-entered :cry:
She has excellent taste! The Ariel one is calling my name:angelic::angelic::angelic:

21stamps

This is your fault:
View attachment 267172
View attachment 267173

Wow!! I bet she is thrilled!!! I love all of it!

donaldtoo

MySmallWorldof4

This is your fault:
View attachment 267172
View attachment 267173

:hilarious: How is that my fault? That was info for @21stamps. Looks like you got some good deals though. ;) So,
20462B9C-7D76-4846-9FC2-2DC75B0075C2.jpeg

donaldtoo

My mom once told me that she was scared of the nuns during her early grades.. not because of rulers (which they did use on knuckles back then-but Mom said for ‘only super serious offenses’) ..anyway, so she was frightened by their habits!!lol. She said that until about third grade she always wondered what was underneath, because the sound they made “swishing by”, and she also wondered about their hair. Ha ha.

I didn’t have nuns in elementary school, I did have 2-3 nuns who taught a couple of classes in high school, but they wore normal clothes...and all but one was the least scary out of all of my teachers.
My son doesn’t have any nuns at his school at all.

Same.

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
Reminds me of the scene from Blues Brothers with the nun ("The Penguin").
I was gonna' post a clip, but, I couldn't find a *bleeped* version. :cyclops:
DWifey, myself, and all 3 of our kiddos went to public school, but, my younger bros (I have 3 younger sibs) 3 kiddos are going/have gone to Catholic school through 8th grade.
No nuns, though.

As it should be, to that last part...! 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom