The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
No nap again today. It's funny because i would pay good money to nap for two hours during the day. The preschooler, however? She'd rather lie there and talk to her feet :cautious::cautious:

One of my 8th graders was trying to persuade me to let them have nap time today. She lamented at how unfair it is that the younger kids get nap time and they don't appreciate it and some see it as a punishment. She said older kids should get the nap time because they would actually appreciate it. I didn't disagree with her but I didn't allow nap time. But your post made me laugh and think about how right my 8th grader was. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes!!! I know Harper is going to love this so much! She loved looking at Christmas lights this year! Although, now when we come home from daycare she yells at the people who still have their lights up! :hilarious:

I just took the last of my inside decorations down on Saturday. :cautious: I had a tree in my bedroom that had only Disney ornaments on it. I loved going to sleep at night with it on, but on Saturday I figured it had been up for 3 months so it was probably time to take it down.

I miss it. :cry:;)

21stamps

That sounds like a really good way to meaningfully teach the children. Did they purchase a program to use for this or did someone develop the booklet on their own?

It’s a program thru an organization called Catholic Relief Services.. they don’t charge for it, they provide the “rice bowls”(folded square rice container shape with a place to insert money) and pamphlets for the students, and a website for more info/recipes as well.

The organization is international and isn’t about anything other than helping people in need, regardless of their faith, or even if religious at all.
Our school does a lot of fundraisers, this is one of my favorites.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It’s a program thru an organization called Catholic Relief Services.. they don’t charge for it, they provide the “rice bowls”(folded square rice container shape with a place to insert money) and pamphlets for the students, and a website for more info/recipes as well.

The organization is international and isn’t about anything other than helping people in need, regardless of their faith, or even if religious at all.
Our school does a lot of fundraisers, this is one of my favorites.

I might have to look into that. Thanks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is this something new? I don't bake cookies often or anything, but I just use cookie sheets and sometimes a little no-stick spray. Once again, I'm behind the times . . . :facepalm:

I like using parchment paper when baking cookies. It means I don't have to use spray or worry about things sticking. I suppose you could kind of compare it to using foil to line a pan (except that foil still needs spray). When I'm done baking I just slide the cookies off the pan and throw away the paper the pan usually stays clean or just needs a quick wash. They sell it in rolls and in pre-cut sheets that fit easily onto the baking sheets.

My mom and I started using parchment paper because we watched Martha Stewart use it on her show she also used silpat (silicone liners) for non-stick baking too but those can be expensive.

MOXOMUMD

Is this something new? I don't bake cookies often or anything, but I just use cookie sheets and sometimes a little no-stick spray. Once again, I'm behind the times . . . :facepalm:
Parchment paper has been around for years. You put it on your cookie sheet so you don't have to grease them. The cookies don't stick and it's easier clean up. You can also line it in a bread pan with an inch sticking above top of pan. After the bread has cooled, pull up on the parchment paper and it lifts right out. Same with cake or brownies. No greasing of pan. You can also use parchment paper to wrap your fish or vegetables in little parcels for baking.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like using parchment paper when baking cookies. It means I don't have to use spray or worry about things sticking. I suppose you could kind of compare it to using foil to line a pan (except that foil still needs spray). When I'm done baking I just slide the cookies off the pan and throw away the paper the pan usually stays clean or just needs a quick wash. They sell it in rolls and in pre-cut sheets that fit easily onto the baking sheets.

My mom and I started using parchment paper because we watched Martha Stewart use it on her show she also used silpat (silicone liners) for non-stick baking too but those can be expensive.

Here's another option--no parchment or silpat needed! :cool: :hungry: (Really good with moo juice.)

1519693551328.png

MySmallWorldof4

Parchment paper has been around for years. You put it on your cookie sheet so you don't have to grease them. The cookies don't stick and it's easier clean up. You can also line it in a bread pan with an inch sticking above top of pan. After the bread has cooled, pull up on the parchment paper and it lifts right out. Same with cake or brownies. No greasing of pan. You can also use parchment paper to wrap your fish or vegetables in little parcels for baking.
Yes. I used it in my bread pan today. Made delicious oatmeal bread. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Good grief--where the heck have I been? Everyone knows about magic parchment except for moi?! ;)

21stamps

I use it to line my baking sheets so I don’t need to oil it when I bake. :)
I use it for baking as well. I also just made rice crispy treats for the first time ever for kiddo’s Valentine’s Day...the parchment paper helped with those too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom