The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One of my best friends had a house warming party today; she got her first apartment.

I realized I am more like my mother than I ever thought possible when, after everyone left, her kitchen's lack of organization bothered me so much that I spent a good hour reorganizing it.

She also now has a drawer devoted to aluminum foil and sandwich bags. Guess what other kitchen has a drawer devoted to aluminum foil and plastic bags...:hilarious:

Ours?

Gabe1

Do you get the feeling that no matter how much you unsubscribe from junk mail, your just fighting a losing battle?

Yes. And for the most part I have totally gotten away from email in my personal life and years and years ago I turned off my land line (doesn't exist anymore) answering machine.

I text. My Sis last week sent me a text that said I sent you an email.

Gabe1

Absolutely. My Spam folder is full of nonsense, and my regular mail has stuff popping up from lots of places/companies. I guess everyone is trying to "get their foot in the door" in some way or another.

Then there are the countless ad papers that get deposited on my doorstep each and every week. Since we have three mailboxes, they throw three ad papers on the porch. I think this happens about twice a week, because my garbage can is full of these ads that I don't read. I then have to remove the plastic sleaves, and toss them in my recycle cart. I need to put a big sign somewhere out front of my house that says "NO ADS Please!

My recycling is currently filled with all sorts of political propaganda for an upcoming primary season. I don't even look at them, right into recycling.

Gabe1

For what it's worth, i will learn from your mistakes. That's intense!

We did that one year. Both in soccer, baseball and swim team. Next year we dump'd spring soccer. Few years later we dump'd baseball. Swimteam was 6 days a week with morning and evening practices and 2 meets a week. Filled my life. Filled my kids life. Done.

Gabe1

Yep. It would save about $300. I am just comparing prices and Universal seems reasonable unless you have a Disney AP where you just pay for a room on another trip and don't worry about tickets. Or you just stay off-site. We may do that next year. Dh has been talking about moving to FL. I already discussed how difficult pulling that off will be with a business that would have to be sold. Stressful times ahead.

I don't disagree with him. Still my thoughts, it isn't a decision that should be made in the Winter. Cooler heads prevail in the Summer with A/C.

Gabe1

I looked into having water bottles shipped last time, but there would have been way more than we needed. Maybe in August since my parents will be there a while.

We had two cases delivered in September. Most of 2nd case was left and I handed it off to a family coming up the elevator that was appreciative. 2 cases were just shy of $12 from Staples. Even with a $5 packing handling fee from Disney now one case of water would cost $75 by the bottle at WDW vs $8.00 a case by the bottle with the fee added in.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One of my best friends had a house warming party today; she got her first apartment.

I realized I am more like my mother than I ever thought possible when, after everyone left, her kitchen's lack of organization bothered me so much that I spent a good hour reorganizing it.

She also now has a drawer devoted to aluminum foil and sandwich bags. Guess what other kitchen has a drawer devoted to aluminum foil and plastic bags...:hilarious:

There might be a kitchen near me that has drawers for those too. 🤓🤗

Gabe1

And, I respect that, as well, as we have had nothing but awesome Disney trips that very much bonded us also. As I do from your posts, you know DWifey and I are still very close with our kiddos. We have just found different experiences for now that we also love to do together. But, we all grew up with Disney in our lives and love it, so I know we will be back, just not in the immediate future.
Cheers that all of your and our continued family experiences, no matter what they are, keep us all lovingly bonded...!!!!!!! :happy:

yeah......kinda sorta, karma and lightening bolts

memories. sweet that you say you have had nothing but awesome Disney trips. not everyone would or could say that. how cool is that? it is very loving you embrace all those nothing but awesome disney trips. Not everyone would say that.

memories are awesome. I have fond memories too of our family and couple trips. Now I have have fond memories of our now 'we' family trips. Like you I have such great memories of each trip. each so very different but special.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ahem. Nobody plays in @figmentfan423 kitchen and her hubby isn't allowed in there.
James is actually a pretty good cook and is allowed in when I don't have a big cooking day, both boys are allowed in to do dishes or to clean it and yup the dh is BANNED!!!!!! Dh has a smoker and a grill with side burner so there's no reason for him to go in there and mess it up!!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Rant away. My younger ds is doing chorus and is a band manager. One group meets every day in July and the other in August. That on top of the stuff they do all school year. To top it off my dh is on nights meaning if we want to do anything s a family my dh needs a few days to get used to days and back to nights. Our next few years are not going to be fun for me:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom