The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

No kidding! And it sounds like he was EXTREMELY lucky to only have bruises and sprains. (I asked my hubby, and I was right about the translation) I'm guessing the car must not have been going very fast. Still, not a good thing, but as far as getting hit by a car goes, it could have been MUCH worse.

When I was in early elementary school there was a best friend I had. His name was David. We and our moms hung out quite a bit. At one point they moved to a different neighborhood way further away, so we kinda' lost contact. One day my mother got a call from David's mom that David was dead. He had been hit and killed by a car on his street. He was just playing. A neighbor came to his moms door. As she was running towards the scene she said that can't be him because that was not the shirt he was wearing. But, then, she remembered he changed his shirt when he got home from school. Just horrific. Even though we hadn't seen each other in a while, I was sooo very devastated, and the memory has never gone away.
I always wonder what good things David would have done? He was a good friend, and such a good person.
Sorry, some memories, even ones from very long ago, never die...
And, I'm sooooo very glad your friends son is going to be OK...!!!!! :happy:

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

There’s two newly formed rivers in my yard, feeding into my driveway.

When this happens, the water rushes so fast and gets high.. the pressure of it pushes beneath the garage door. It doesn’t happen often, and the most frustrating part is I just had 2 new drains, a larger one in the driveway and another one in the grass put in..to prevent it!! This is the first time it has happened since.

View attachment 266508View attachment 266509

I pushed the water back away from the garage, so that part has receded now.. still raining though, I’m going to keep checking on it.

View attachment 266510
Yikes! Are you at the bottom of a hill? We have had rain on and off, mostly on, since Thursday. A creek near our house is getting close to being the same height as a main road. Luckily we are at the top of a hill, so we never flood, unless a pipe bursts. Hope all is better now and that you dry out a little.

21stamps

Yikes! Are you at the bottom of a hill? We have had rain on and off, mostly on, since Thursday. A creek near our house is getting close to being the same height as a main road. Luckily we are at the top of a hill, so we never flood, unless a pipe bursts. Hope all is better now and that you dry out a little.

We saw so much flooding today.. much worse than yesterday. Luckily I haven’t had a repeat of water invasion into my garage!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I was in early elementary school there was a best friend I had. His name was David. We and our moms hung out quite a bit. At one point they moved to a different neighborhood way further away, so we kinda' lost contact. One day my mother got a call from David's mom that David was dead. He had been hit and killed by a car on his street. He was just playing. A neighbor came to his moms door. As she was running towards the scene she said that can't be him because that was not the shirt he was wearing. But, then, she remembered he changed his shirt when he got home from school. Just horrific. Even though we hadn't seen each other in a while, I was sooo very devastated, and the memory has never gone away.
I always wonder what good things David would have done? He was a good friend, and such a good person.
Sorry, some memories, even ones from very long ago, never die...
And, I'm sooooo very glad your friends son is going to be OK...!!!!! :happy:

Such a sad story, it is so nice that you remember him fondly though.

21stamps

Apologies for all of the photos today.. but here’s a few that I took after leaving soccer this afternoon.

These are right at the Indiana/Ohio border. So sad. There was police everywhere trying to pump water out of people’s houses, and several street closings. We got out of the car and walked for a bit. I feel terrible for everyone who’s homes are covered in water. :(

A baseball field underwater..
AC696742-419B-4CEE-8E07-1B2046CFF7C4.jpeg

Flooded street, notice the boat and kayakers..

BE93E73B-FF59-4849-8E3B-E58933A34F99.jpeg67F21A19-14C9-44C4-8121-3272858C6D48.jpegF66EA770-7F81-448E-82B2-550FE101C219.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Apologies for all of the photos today.. but here’s a few that I took after leaving soccer this afternoon.

These are right at the Indiana/Ohio border. So sad. There was police everywhere trying to pump water out of people’s houses, and several street closings. We got out of the car and walked for a bit. I feel terrible for everyone who’s homes are covered in water. :(

A baseball field underwater..
View attachment 266696

Flooded street, notice the boat and kayakers..

View attachment 266697View attachment 266698View attachment 266699

Post lots of pictures!! This is so crazy!

21stamps

Post lots of pictures!! This is so crazy!

These aren’t mine, although I did take a few at this park a couple of days ago.. Anyway, a friend took the below photos and posted on FB. The building in the top photos is a restroom/vending machine building. To the left is the playground.

These were taken yesterday afternoon and today, same exact spot.

This may give you an idea of how hard it rained last night!

C3942021-9464-4EC0-8FE4-E694BA01B53A.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom