The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually, its a well known dirty trick by spammers.

They might unsubscribe, but they SELL then your email address to other spammers.

So they specifically stop spamming you, but you will get 5 times the spam by other companies.

Also not all spammers folllow the rules of unsubscribing. so sending a confirmation to unsubscribe (specially if the email comes from one source and the replyto and unsubscribe addresses are in another domain), you are actually "confirming" your email account is active, and thus they still spam you even more.

At work, we get a lot of sales carp. I use the BLOCK function. It does stop some of it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We normally like Blizzard Beach better, but I love the wavepool at Typhoon, and my parents couldn't care less about it, so when my brother and I went there ourselves, we did the wavepool. I don't let him go out to where I go out, which is the area where I ride the waves in, so I left him in an area within his depth and swam out myself.

Other than Crush 'n Gusher, I prefer the slides at Blizzard Beach. And the lazy river at Typhoon is a bit shallow. A problem they fixed a Blizzard Beach.

I've always wanted to go on Crush n Gusher, but not solo. That's one ride I'd like to have another person with me on the raft.

donaldtoo

I always had to check the sheet. Acronyms that meant nothing to me didn't stick well. I remember the antidote for Infectious Bacterial Meningitis DS was beyond directly exposed to in daycare. I remember the Chicken Pox one since I didn't have chicken pox and I remember the first flu shots (they didn't normally give to little ones back then) as we were going to be in Disney for 2 weeks over Christmas. And then the new one given at school 3x over a few months. That is only a handful of all the vaccines vs the overall childhoods of our kids. Some useless data just gets pushed out of the crevices of my mind. Polio I likely retain because a friend of mine was struck by it as a toddler.

I don't remember our kiddos ever getting any of their shots in school, always at the docs office.
That's unfortunate about your friend. I've never known or met anyone that had polio.
A little research says the last case that originated in the US was in 1979.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We got a couple more inches of snow last night, so in the last 3 days about 8-9 (or more) inches. Hubs did a quick shovel before he left for work, but had to get over there early to do shoveling there. And of course he left before the plow came by. So I went out about 7am to do clean up on the sidewalk, driveway, and remove the big ridge of snow left by the snow plow. That is the hardest part to move the stuff from the snow plow because it is compacted and higher than the actual snow fall.

Anyway, I did clean up on the sidewalk (pure ice under the snow) and the main part of the driveway and started on the bottom of the driveway. Then the guy plowing the church's (not my husband's church) parking lot next door drove over and asked if I wanted him to clear out the bottom quick! Oh YES PLEASE!!! So he cleared out the junk at the bottom, cleared out in front of our mail box, and pushed our piles at the end of the driveway back! Oh Thank You! So after he left there was just a little clean up to do from what he did (mostly because I'm "OCD" about clearing snow).

So since I had been saved from all that work at the end of the driveway I shoveled a big pathway in the back yard for Kapono. Now she doesn't have to run through snow that is deeper than her height to go to the bathroom. I wish I knew who that guy was, this is the second time he has done this. But I'm sending him many magical thank yous!
Sending 1519585513248.png and1519585548644.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
Speaking of soccer.. can I whine for a second?

I received our Spring soccer schedule 2 weeks ago,received our baseball schedule on Friday..

Starting in 2 weeks, kiddo will have sports 7 days per week thru June. SEVEN. Soccer 2 hour practices 3 days per week, Baseball 1.5 hour practice 2 days per week, baseball games on Saturdays, Soccer games on Sundays, some weekends on Saturdays as well. I only have 1 child, but this is still a lot for us.

The upside- not too many conflicts between the two.

The downside- I regret allowing him to do this.

We do so much during the Spring/Early Summer- parks,hiking, museums, amusement park, zoo, bike riding etc. I don’t know how we’re going to be able to do barely anything but sports this Spring-June.

I’m so sad about it.

Ok sorry, whine over. Just wanted to get it out.
Rant away. My younger ds is doing chorus and is a band manager. One group meets every day in July and the other in August. That on top of the stuff they do all school year. To top it off my dh is on nights meaning if we want to do anything s a family my dh needs a few days to get used to days and back to nights. Our next few years are not going to be fun for me:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

21stamps

T had 2 goals and 4 assists today. Won 8-2. We needed this after getting horribly beaten last weekend.

Poor guy wanted a hat trick so badly, was so close on a lot of shots.. our deal is Hat Trick = Cold Stone Creamery large ice cream with as many toppings as he wants. I’m making an exception today and taking him even without the hat trick. :)

21stamps

Rant away. My younger ds is doing chorus and is a band manager. One group meets every day in July and the other in August. That on top of the stuff they do all school year. To top it off my dh is on nights meaning if we want to do anything s a family my dh needs a few days to get used to days and back to nights. Our next few years are not going to be fun for me:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It’s so tough!! I can’t even plan kiddo’s bday party until I know exact game times.

I can’t imagine juggling with more than one kid!! Seriously, I say this repeatedly, but I don’t know how people do it. I don’t know how my parents did it.

Every single day in July would be tough to do much.. I’m sending good thoughts your way!

21stamps

A already has more than she needs, so instead of gifts, her birthday guests bring donations for the Humane Society. Thanks to the generosity of her family and friends, she was able to donate a huge amount of food and supplies today, and then got to play with the animals!!

Goodbye, not so terrible twos!!

View attachment 266657

Oh I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!! Great job A (and parents)!! Happy Birthday:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
It’s so tough!! I can’t even plan kiddo’s bday party until I know exact game times.

I can’t imagine juggling with more than one kid!! Seriously, I say this repeatedly, but I don’t know how people do it. I don’t know how my parents did it.

Every single day in July would be tough to do much.. I’m sending good thoughts your way!
THNX I'm glad my other ds just does bowling which is easy to schedule around and James can get a ride to his music activities because his bff also does both.

Figgy1

Premium Member
A already has more than she needs, so instead of gifts, her birthday guests bring donations for the Humane Society. Thanks to the generosity of her family and friends, she was able to donate a huge amount of food and supplies today, and then got to play with the animals!!

Goodbye, not so terrible twos!!

View attachment 266657
Oh I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!! Great job A (and parents)!! Happy Birthday:)
^^^This and 1519588222297.png

21stamps

I’m living vicariously thru all parents of girls. You all get the cute cakes and pretty dresses..

This is what I did for T’s last bday (his request of Minecraft)

Cupcake sword cake.

5DED8EBE-C9A1-4726-A7A9-AB3B5090A320.jpeg

And this thing.. omg it took forever.. I cut out and mod podged every single square on the frame. Never Again.

ED9EC518-AC64-43EE-88B4-F3E790A3250C.jpegC08ED79A-0750-45CE-9305-DF2B50E0A4FA.jpeg

The kids had fun with these though.

I’m running out of time this year.. still haven’t booked a venue. One thing I know for sure, we’re picking something where I can buy stuff at the store and not have to make it all myself. Meanwhile, I’m a tad jealous of all of you who get to do the pretty girly stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom