The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

There’s two newly formed rivers in my yard, feeding into my driveway.

When this happens, the water rushes so fast and gets high.. the pressure of it pushes beneath the garage door. It doesn’t happen often, and the most frustrating part is I just had 2 new drains, a larger one in the driveway and another one in the grass put in..to prevent it!! This is the first time it has happened since.

View attachment 266508View attachment 266509

I pushed the water back away from the garage, so that part has receded now.. still raining though, I’m going to keep checking on it.

View attachment 266510
It's supposed to rain all day again here. How about your part of the state? We live up on the side of hills but there's ponding in the yards and pastures we haven't seen in years.

Cesar R M

Do you get the feeling that no matter how much you unsubscribe from junk mail, your just fighting a losing battle?
Actually, its a well known dirty trick by spammers.

They might unsubscribe, but they SELL then your email address to other spammers.

So they specifically stop spamming you, but you will get 5 times the spam by other companies.

Also not all spammers folllow the rules of unsubscribing. so sending a confirmation to unsubscribe (specially if the email comes from one source and the replyto and unsubscribe addresses are in another domain), you are actually "confirming" your email account is active, and thus they still spam you even more.

21stamps

Does this means the Pittsburgh zone is also flooded? I remember the last really BIG flood that even covered the park's corner in downtown, the water all the way up and flooding the tunnels.

I don’t know. The last major flood here was in 1997, covered most of downtown, but I didn’t live here at that time.

It's supposed to rain all day again here. How about your part of the state? We live up on the side of hills but there's ponding in the yards and pastures we haven't seen in years.

It’s not raining now! We had soccer practice at 7:45 am.. so much flooding on the way there, a few roads were closed. We have a game at 11:30 near the Indiana border, I know they have it pretty bad as well.
I’ve definitely never seen these make shift ponds like I’ve seen the past few days.

Are you in north Ohio?

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Funny about the nurse comments, and very true. I know many of them at work, and I recall one of them telling me that just as soon as she graduated from her nursing program at college, she threw out that stupid little white cap thing into the trash. (They all did.) (I assume she probably graduated back in the 70s.) Their attitude was that unless their physician colleagues wore silly white caps, then they wouldn't wear them either! :happy:
My best friend is pediatric oncology nurse with a couple dozen different scrub tops. Her philosophy is a top with recognizable characters or holiday scenes brings a little less stress to the treatment the child is getting.

StarWarsGirl

We didn't wait for anything beyond a couple of minutes either at Typhoon. I like Typhoon better for their theme of the lazy river. Like anything else when they built Blizzard they fixed some things at the new park with the hindsight of Typhoon still really fresh in their memories.
We normally like Blizzard Beach better, but I love the wavepool at Typhoon, and my parents couldn't care less about it, so when my brother and I went there ourselves, we did the wavepool. I don't let him go out to where I go out, which is the area where I ride the waves in, so I left him in an area within his depth and swam out myself.

Other than Crush 'n Gusher, I prefer the slides at Blizzard Beach. And the lazy river at Typhoon is a bit shallow. A problem they fixed a Blizzard Beach.

21stamps

Speaking of soccer.. can I whine for a second?

I received our Spring soccer schedule 2 weeks ago,received our baseball schedule on Friday..

Starting in 2 weeks, kiddo will have sports 7 days per week thru June. SEVEN. Soccer 2 hour practices 3 days per week, Baseball 1.5 hour practice 2 days per week, baseball games on Saturdays, Soccer games on Sundays, some weekends on Saturdays as well. I only have 1 child, but this is still a lot for us.

The upside- not too many conflicts between the two.

The downside- I regret allowing him to do this.

We do so much during the Spring/Early Summer- parks,hiking, museums, amusement park, zoo, bike riding etc. I don’t know how we’re going to be able to do barely anything but sports this Spring-June.

I’m so sad about it.

Ok sorry, whine over. Just wanted to get it out.

MOXOMUMD

Does this means the Pittsburgh zone is also flooded? I remember the last really BIG flood that even covered the park's corner in downtown, the water all the way up and flooding the tunnels.
Some of the streets are flooded out in downtown and the water is rising at the Point. It's the highest they've seen in just over ten years.

You have probably seen the Gateway Clipper riverboat that tours Three Rivers. They have a history pole at their dock that shows how high the river has flooded. The highest was almost to their second floor.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Speaking of soccer.. can I whine for a second?

I received our Spring soccer schedule 2 weeks ago,received our baseball schedule on Friday..

Starting in 2 weeks, kiddo will have sports 7 days per week thru June. SEVEN. Soccer 2 hour practices 3 days per week, Baseball 1.5 hour practice 2 days per week, baseball games on Saturdays, Soccer games on Sundays, some weekends on Saturdays as well. I only have 1 child, but this is still a lot for us.

The upside- not too many conflicts between the two.

The downside- I regret allowing him to do this.

We do so much during the Spring/Early Summer- parks,hiking, museums, amusement park, zoo, bike riding etc. I don’t know how we’re going to be able to do barely anything but sports this Spring-June.

I’m so sad about it.

Ok sorry, whine over. Just wanted to get it out.

For what it's worth, i will learn from your mistakes. That's intense!

MOXOMUMD

I don’t know. The last major flood here was in 1997, covered most of downtown, but I didn’t live here at that time.

It’s not raining now! We had soccer practice at 7:45 am.. so much flooding on the way there, a few roads were closed. We have a game at 11:30 near the Indiana border, I know they have it pretty bad as well.
I’ve definitely never seen these make shift ponds like I’ve seen the past few days.

Are you in north Ohio?
Put a finger on Cleveland and one on Pittsburgh and I'm almost in the exact middle. About a 60 minute drive to Cleveland and just under 90 to Pittsburgh. All my best friends work in downtown Cleveland.

21stamps

For what it's worth, i will learn from your mistakes. That's intense!

I think the worst for me is knowing that I only have a few more years left before he’d rather not hang out with me anyway.lol. No but seriously, we have so much fun together and we’re always out finding new experiences or repeating our favorites. At some point he won’t think it’s “cool” to hang out with his Mom all of the time...sports and friends will be the two big things then.

I keep kicking myself for having allowed this entire second grade year to be so hectic with sports, at a time where he still does think it’s cool to hang out with me. :(
Oh well, he wanted this soccer thing so badly, so we’ll see how it goes :)

donaldtoo

Yeah, we do live in a nice place. Dh is tired of winter. Apparently more than me. We will see what happens.

Yep, the winters would be a deal breaker for us ever moving very far north. I can take the cold to a point, but, DWifey absolutely hates almost any kind of cold. Her pop was in the Air Force for years and she was born in Minot, North Dakota. He was with SAC a good number of those years. They also lived in Wyoming, Montana, and Germany. Back before we started having kiddos we did go on a few ski trips to Colorado and New Mexico that we had a blast on and she was fine. But, those were only for a few days, and then the cold was left behind.
Other than a few things like that, she's pretty much over and done with cold, ice, and snow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom