The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

My next door neighbors are new to the building and I hadn't met them yet. On Friday night they were playing rather loud music till 12.30am and last night was the same. They have good taste in music but by 1am and the third rendition of All Night Long I decided to go introduce myself and kindly ask them to keep it down. It took awhile for my neighbor to answer the door but once he did I managed to be nice (even though I was annoyed) and he was very apologetic. Clearly he did not realize how loud it was and he turned it down straight away. There is a potluck meeting this afternoon and I am hoping to see them there so I can get to know them under better circumstances.

BAChicagoGal

Do you get the feeling that no matter how much you unsubscribe from junk mail, your just fighting a losing battle?

Absolutely. My Spam folder is full of nonsense, and my regular mail has stuff popping up from lots of places/companies. I guess everyone is trying to "get their foot in the door" in some way or another.

Then there are the countless ad papers that get deposited on my doorstep each and every week. Since we have three mailboxes, they throw three ad papers on the porch. I think this happens about twice a week, because my garbage can is full of these ads that I don't read. I then have to remove the plastic sleaves, and toss them in my recycle cart. I need to put a big sign somewhere out front of my house that says "NO ADS Please!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We got a couple more inches of snow last night, so in the last 3 days about 8-9 (or more) inches. Hubs did a quick shovel before he left for work, but had to get over there early to do shoveling there. And of course he left before the plow came by. So I went out about 7am to do clean up on the sidewalk, driveway, and remove the big ridge of snow left by the snow plow. That is the hardest part to move the stuff from the snow plow because it is compacted and higher than the actual snow fall.

Anyway, I did clean up on the sidewalk (pure ice under the snow) and the main part of the driveway and started on the bottom of the driveway. Then the guy plowing the church's (not my husband's church) parking lot next door drove over and asked if I wanted him to clear out the bottom quick! Oh YES PLEASE!!! So he cleared out the junk at the bottom, cleared out in front of our mail box, and pushed our piles at the end of the driveway back! Oh Thank You! So after he left there was just a little clean up to do from what he did (mostly because I'm "OCD" about clearing snow).

So since I had been saved from all that work at the end of the driveway I shoveled a big pathway in the back yard for Kapono. Now she doesn't have to run through snow that is deeper than her height to go to the bathroom. I wish I knew who that guy was, this is the second time he has done this. But I'm sending him many magical thank yous!

Cesar R M

I’ve never seen anything like this outside of hurricane flooding..which didn’t sit for days!
It’s not expected to go down until Wednesday.
View attachment 266535
View attachment 266536View attachment 266537View attachment 266538View attachment 266539View attachment 266540
Does this means the Pittsburgh zone is also flooded? I remember the last really BIG flood that even covered the park's corner in downtown, the water all the way up and flooding the tunnels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom