The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The official name was National Legion of Decency. It was supposed to be the guideline that the Catholic church used. I am a lot older then you, so perhaps it was on it's way out by the time you got to the age that it mattered.
Went to Catholic school for 8 years as a kid. Basically, everything was a sin as far as the nuns dwere concerned! :p
My mother went to Catholic school and boy were those nuns mean to her. They are the main reason my mom left the church.

Mine were a bunch of angry nasty women as was my aunt and she was in a different order. And what Goof explained is the type of stuff pounded into our heads from 6 years old. Upside we came out the other side well educated.

Cesar R M

We have ordered some of the sand sculptures from a 3d company when ds was doing a 3d printing course. They don't feel too good on the hands but they look good. Now he is happy with his inexpensive 3d printer and little dd is happy with the over abundance of little plastic Stitch's. (insert green smiley). We are now up to 6.
by the way, has he tried to make an oversized stitch figurine and then use a sandpaper to clean up.

Check out this guide: https://rigid.ink/blogs/news/how-to-finish-your-3d-prints

*edit*

To clarify, if I had the money and necessity.. I would be 3d printing stuff left and right as well lol.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love the mat slides. Of course, I wasn't very old when I first went on them at Blizzard beach. Now I consistently beat my dad when we race down them. 😁

Bingo--I think if you're introduced to water parks as a kid, you're probably less skittish. When I was a kid during the winter, we'd sled down streets and hills, but the difference was that you'd steer the sled with your hands; so going face first down the incline was fun, but not scary. I just can't do it on a water mat.

Songbird76

Yep. We'll come by you and Stay in The Liberty Hotel aka former Charles Street Jail. ;)

Have to love a prison where the drunk tank is converted to a lounge called the Clink!

Have you ever stayed there?

lux3646re.100497_md.jpg

So cool they even left the catwalks up
lux3646lo.100530_md.jpg

lux3646lo.100528_md.jpg
I find it clever that a former jail is now LIBERTY hotel.

StarWarsGirl

Bingo--I think if you're introduced to water parks as a kid, you're probably less skittish. When I was a kid during the winter, we'd sled down streets and hills, but the difference was that you'd steer the sled with your hands; so going face first down the incline was fun, but not scary. I just can't do it on a water mat.
I was 18 months old when we first went to Blizzard Beach. I'm pretty sure I was doing the mat racers at Blizzard Beach by the time I was 5 since that one doesn't dump you in a pool. And of course, we were always at the Beach Club and Boardwalk pools, and then later Hilton Head, so water slides were always a thing for me. I was in fourth grade when my mom finally agreed to let me go on Summit Plummit. Funny thing, as an adult, I don't care about doing it. I'll go on it if my brother wants to because he usually wants me there to do it with him. But if I have the option, there's a lot of other slides I prefer. Not so much out of fear, but that thing beats you up.

Songbird76

Public Service for those of you who love Star Wars minus our @figmentfan423 that can't purchase clothing. Target in their clearance areas of mens and womens clothing has their Star Wars long sleeved tshirts, short sleeved shirts and sweatshirts on sale.

Most are between $5 and $7.
Dang it!!! Wish we had target here! I went looking for long-sleeved shirts for DS today and came up empty handed. Not a long sleeved shirt to be found, and he loves Star Wars!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mine were a bunch of angry nasty women as was my aunt and she was in a different order. And what Goof explained is the type of stuff pounded into our heads from 6 years old. Upside we came out the other side well educated.
Except for one I had mostly cool younger nuns for CCD:joyfull: I also lucked out that I lived in a town with an excellent public school system.:inlove: That being said I had a friend who went to a different school and claimed all the nuns were nazis in hiding because of the attitudes and 5 o'clock shadow:cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was 18 months old when we first went to Blizzard Beach. I'm pretty sure I was doing the mat racers at Blizzard Beach by the time I was 5 since that one doesn't dump you in a pool. And of course, we were always at the Beach Club and Boardwalk pools, and then later Hilton Head, so water slides were always a thing for me. I was in fourth grade when my mom finally agreed to let me go on Summit Plummit. Funny thing, as an adult, I don't care about doing it. I'll go on it if my brother wants to because he usually wants me there to do it with him. But if I have the option, there's a lot of other slides I prefer. Not so much out of fear, but that thing beats you up.
Slushin gusher was a once and done!!! I think my tushie still has a bruise from it:grumpy: James generally loves "rides" like that one and even he isn't a fan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom