The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Man, I'm loving how TV as evolved. Netflix and now Amazon prime are firing on all cylinders on new shows. Some of which have very good quality.

Looking forward to the LOST IN SPACE remake on netflix coming soon.

I can't wait for the Man in the High Castle to come back to Amazon. I started watching it when I had free prime one year. Though they last season, they kind of through me for a loop when they were in the alternative reality.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

And that is why our family trips to Disney went from 2 weeks to a week while they kids were still kids. Same resort most times but tickets, food and lodging just escalated that quickly. But if you are bargain hunting do more research, there are some bargains, well at least a bargain for Disney, no where else. I'm holding an annual pass so the 30% last year beat a bounce back at POR and we stayed at Wilderness cheaper. Now this year Wilderness has converted so many rooms to DVC and Club level that the resort has very few rooms for general reservations, the price this year skyrocketed. I LOVE the Wilderness but likely wont pay that plus almost 52 weeks are booked because there are only a handful of rooms. Add in you are now limited to what you can use at the resort if you are not DVC even though the DVC was the add on to the resort. I can't wrap my brain around paying that much and being told sorry what you once used...no more. :bored: So glad we were there in that specific resort for Hurricane Irma but bluck.

I know Disney wants money (as in every business including non-profits) but it is coming to a point where if the world gets another recession, Disney will be hurting.

Hong Kong is doing bad - even though there is 3 billion people in the area 3 resorts is crazy. Toyko is rumored to get another park. Paris is doing bad? but good?, I don't hear too much from them another then not making any money but they are top theme park in Europe.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know Disney wants money (as in every business including non-profits) but it is coming to a point where if the world gets another recession, Disney will be hurting.

Yup. They're making hay while the sun is shining now.

Had an elderly boss years ago. He'd tell us that when things are going great, people tend to think that's the way it will always be. But when things eventually turn in the other direction, people think that's the way it will always be. Yet, what goes up, will (eventually) come down, and vice versa. Lather, rinse, repeat -- he said he saw this over and over throughout his business life, and he was the CEO of a company.

MySmallWorldof4

Interesting. I don't remember our kiddos ever getting a polio vaccine. DWifey says she doesn't remember them getting a polio vaccine either.
It was probably a liquid when they got it. I remember for myself taking it orally and so did my kids up until they changed how they deliver it in the last year or so. They have gone back to vaccination for polio. My youngest got a vaccination for it last year.

MySmallWorldof4

And that is why our family trips to Disney went from 2 weeks to a week while they kids were still kids. Same resort most times but tickets, food and lodging just escalated that quickly. But if you are bargain hunting do more research, there are some bargains, well at least a bargain for Disney, no where else. I'm holding an annual pass so the 30% last year beat a bounce back at POR and we stayed at Wilderness cheaper. Now this year Wilderness has converted so many rooms to DVC and Club level that the resort has very few rooms for general reservations, the price this year skyrocketed. I LOVE the Wilderness but likely wont pay that plus almost 52 weeks are booked because there are only a handful of rooms. Add in you are now limited to what you can use at the resort if you are not DVC even though the DVC was the add on to the resort. I can't wrap my brain around paying that much and being told sorry what you once used...no more. :bored: So glad we were there in that specific resort for Hurricane Irma but bluck.
Yep, and as I have been griping about, the hotel discounts this year stink so far. My pin code discount was no better than my AP discount, where last year the AP was better than the general discount. This year the Spring hotel discount was only 20% off for deluxe, and 15% for moderate. You used to get at least 30% for deluxe. I hate complaining about Disney as it is my happy place, but they are starting to make me mad.:mad: But of course, they are a business and technically don't need to give any discounts at all. :rolleyes:

Songbird76

So, DS and I are biking home yesterday and he needed to stop because something hurt. So we stop and he says, "Mom, do you think Christian could see me and not be mean to me?" (Christian is one of the neighbor boys, he was in DS's class at the old school and he was one of the bullies.) I said yes, I thought he could. He says "Do you think it would be hard for him?" I said "No, I don't think it's ever hard to NOT be mean to someone. You just have to WANT to not be mean." He says "Oh....ok." So I asked him "Why? Did you see Christian and he was nice to you?" And he says "Well, he goes to my school now." WHAT???? Since WHEN?? and he tells me the kid started just before Mardigras. So not long, but still...one of his bullies now goes to his school! He's at least not in the same class and I'm going to talk to the teacher today when I pick him up and let him know there's a history there and to please please please keep an eye on them! This makes me very nervous. And I don't know why this kid is at this school....I'm pretty sure the kid does not have autism, but that's not the only thing this school deals with, just the majority. But I really don't want this kid around DS!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom