The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

That is why we never stay deluxe and I have been look more into staying off-property. But for now the values will fit the budget.
The budget's are cheaper, but, I cannot put a price tag on the freedom of choice that staying offsite affords me. Not just in seeing other things, but, the money saved on regular meals. I really don't like fancy "expensive" cuisine enough to spend an arm and a leg for it. Yes, I either have to drive there (which I do all the time now that I live in NC) or like I used to do, rent a car. It was well worth the minor expense. All I do in the hotels is sleep (towels animals are not necessary)

12in12

Yesterday, out of curiosity I checked on the cost of 5 nights in a Disney Deluxe for two people in mid-October. No meals, just park tickets and a room. $4650.00!!!! That is $200.00 more then I paid TOTAL for 30 days touring Europe for everything including the Trans-Atlantic cruise back to the states. As much as I like WDW, there is no way that I would pay that much for the experience. My way would have cost me around $800.00 for park tickets (PH) and a room in a nice hotel just off property for $300.00. That is how I have managed to enjoy my trips all these years.
Renting DVC points will make the room cost much more affordable.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep. It would save about $300. I am just comparing prices and Universal seems reasonable unless you have a Disney AP where you just pay for a room on another trip and don't worry about tickets. Or you just stay off-site. We may do that next year. Dh has been talking about moving to FL. I already discussed how difficult pulling that off will be with a business that would have to be sold. Stressful times ahead.

Just thinking . . . if you moved to Florida, then it wouldn't be your special vacation place anymore. Sounds like you're in a nice place now where you presently live.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , glad you didn't get hurt when you slipped on the ice today. The only down side of winter is ice--nasty stuff!

Thanks.

Ice in a drink = good

Ice on a sidewalk = BAD!

It should be interesting tomorrow when I go to work if that area is cleared off or has signs of salt/sand and if the maintenance guy answered my email. I was really nice in my email though, I stated that I fell but expressed more concern about others falling too.

donaldtoo

Well, it depends on the kid. (Helpful, I know.) It is a little dark in there, so if that is still a problem, A might not be ready for it, yet. Some kids might find some of the old B movie clips scary. My kids always thought it was pretty silly. I am thinking you might be able to find something on YouTube.

We dined there on our first family trip in '01.
Our kiddos were 6, 8, and our oldest turned 10 while we were there. They all also thought it was just silly-good fun, and tasty food!
We've dined there 3 times so far, and there have been little kiddos (much younger than ours first visit) there every time and I don't remember any scary meltdowns.

donaldtoo

On a side note...
My youngest bro worked at a place here in Austin called Pearl's Oyster Bar way back in the day. They actually had a spot in the place with an Elvis shrine...!!! :joyfull:
They celebrated his b-day, and had other happenings on the anniversary of his death.
Then, unfortunately, there was an overnight fire. Tons of memorabilia was lost. It was actually pretty sad (bro no longer worked there at that time). Fun stuff, though.

donaldtoo

I think in some places things like polio might still exist. I'm thankful for vaccinations, living through chicken pox was enough.

I meant mostly here in the States. I'm not sure about the rest of the world. Although I can't remember hearing about a case of polio anywhere in the world in recent years.
I know whooping cough was making a bit of comeback here a few years or so ago.
We had all of our shots when we were kiddos and so did our kiddos. No problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom