The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Pixieish

I live in an area that has a fairly mild winter, comparatively, I switch over from AC to Heat by flipping a switch on the thermostat because my unit is AC and heat pump. I have a monthly record of cost between heat and AC and they are both almost exactly the same. When I lived in Vermont my heating bill (fuel) was over $2k a year, now my entire electricity bill for a year is, on average, $960.00 per year and that includes everything, lights, heat, AC, electric appliances, hot water and so on. So my average monthly bill is $80.00 and that is actual. It runs within only a few dollars difference every single month.

That's one of the many reasons we want to move to FL. We're in MA, and our heating bills are ridiculous and fluctuate with the price of oil/gas/propane. AC is much less expensive.

MySmallWorldof4

I know, it's crazy. You'd be surprised how many of these people are still in their 30's with young families. It blows my mind, too...!!!!! :confused:
Is it the tech industry maybe that I heard brought a lot of West Coasters to Austin? They would have more money to spend. Dh always brings up Lucy from Peanuts. The Christmas episode where she discusses what she wants for Christmas. She tells Charlie Brown “real estate”. We should have listened to her.

donaldtoo

Is it the tech industry maybe that I heard brought a lot of West Coasters to Austin? They would have more money to spend. Dh always brings up Lucy from Peanuts. The Christmas episode where she discusses what she wants for Christmas. She tells Charlie Brown “real estate”. We should have listened to her.

Yes, that is definitely a lot of it. Even though real estate prices are skyrocketing around here, most from the high tech industry areas in Cali. can easily still buy twice the size house here that they had out there, if they want. We're booming, but, it still isn't exactly a slacking market out there, either... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

There are super-expensive housing developments popping up all over our town (which used to be mostly middle-class families). From what I've seen, the people moving into them are young (like early 30s) parents...I'd love to know what the heck all these people do for a living!

Exactly! It seems like they're into some kinda' high tech, or entrepreneurs of some sort! I'm continually amazed and also kinda' proud and happy for them, actually.
Our SonIL recently got an offer to go work for Facebook (he is a tech wiz like his independent contractor tech pop) and he wasn't even looking to leave Apple. The offer is pretty amazing, though...!!! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, that is definitely a lot of it. Even though real estate prices are skyrocketing around here, most from the high tech industry areas in Cali. can easily still buy twice the size house here that they had out there, if they want. We're booming, but, it still isn't exactly a slacking market out there, either... :cyclops:
Sure I get that. Our house planted in New York or New Jersey would cost more than 3 times what we paid for it here in south central PA.

MySmallWorldof4

Exactly! It seems like they're into some kinda' high tech, or entrepreneurs of some sort! I'm continually amazed and also kinda' proud and happy for them, actually.
Our SonIL recently got an offer to go work for Facebook (he is a tech wiz like his independent contractor tech pop) and he wasn't even looking to leave Apple. The offer is pretty amazing, though...!!! :)
Didn't know FB and Apple had offices in Austin.

donaldtoo

Well I don’t begrudge those who have the ability for ostentationess. I can’t say that if I had the money I wouldn’t want a multi-million dollar home. So good for them and like you said, they keep you employed. :)

Yep, if they earned/acquired the money legally, it's none of my business what they want to do with it. They can toss it all into flying widgets or whatever, for all I care, but, yes, I'm very happy many of them choose to help us let their dreams come true...again, I have absolutely no disdain for them and am proud of them...!!!!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom